shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellowish/blueish tinges

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I have been planning a purchase on Whiteflash for some time, but while browsing different sites I realized that with LGDs you need to pay attention to possible nuances. Looking on James Allen, I saw that from the videos of the stones the shades can be seen quite well, while on WF I fear that they are not visible, if present. Does anyone know how I could solve it? I know that some colors wouldn't be noticeable, but I'm a perfectionist and I want to have a stone as close as possible to my standards of perfection! Do you happen to know if by writing to WF support they can give you more specific videos of the stones? I could already write directly, but the purchase will not be in the immediate future, and therefore I ask you if you have any information on the matter. Thank you! Screenshot 2024-05-02 171534.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would have better luck asking this on the Lab Grown Forum on Pricescope. You can always call WF to talk to them even if you are not buying right now. They would be happy to answer your questions. I will ask Admin to move this to Lab Grown.

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
You would have better luck asking this on the Lab Grown Forum on Pricescope. You can always call WF to talk to them even if you are not buying right now. They would be happy to answer your questions. I will ask Admin to move this to Lab Grown.

sorry I went to the wrong section! thank you!
unfortunately I can't call because I live in Italy...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry I went to the wrong section! thank you!
unfortunately I can't call because I live in Italy...

No problem - the folks in Lab Grown have lots of knowledge and will hopefully be able to shed some light on your questions! Good luck!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Klee_Bee!
You are spot on: LGDs are found with many different hues and different intensities/saturations of those hues.
What you want to look for is clear/white to faint yellow which would be indicative of Type IIa.
But here's where it gets tricky: even a Type IIb CVD can exhibit very faint grayish, brownish, or pinkish hue...even in the colorless D-F range.
HPHT can exhibit faint grayish, bluish, or greenish (or other colors) even in the D-F range but that may be a result of the material being Type IIb with boron impurities or even IIa with an element such as nickel impurities.
I have no doubt that contacting WF (even through email) would start a conversation about you learning about their screening process and what they look for when it comes to material quality. They may even be able to test any diamonds that you're interested in for Type/Subtype and tell you about any hues/undertones for any given diamond in their inventory.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone! I have been planning a purchase on Whiteflash for some time, but while browsing different sites I realized that with LGDs you need to pay attention to possible nuances. Looking on James Allen, I saw that from the videos of the stones the shades can be seen quite well, while on WF I fear that they are not visible, if present. Does anyone know how I could solve it? I know that some colors wouldn't be noticeable, but I'm a perfectionist and I want to have a stone as close as possible to my standards of perfection! Do you happen to know if by writing to WF support they can give you more specific videos of the stones? I could already write directly, but the purchase will not be in the immediate future, and therefore I ask you if you have any information on the matter. Thank you! Screenshot 2024-05-02 171534.png

Hello @Klee_Bee,
Lab grown diamonds have some distinctive potential issues, and they don't necessarily show up on a laboratory report. Unusual color tinges and transparency issues are the main ones.

You can be confident that any of our Precision Lab diamonds have been evaluated for these issues. Any diamonds that we may source externally will be thoroughly reviewed upon reciept at Whiteflash.
You can also have one of our friendly diamond consultants take an extra hard look at any in-house diamond you may be interested in, and arrange additional imaging if that is needed.

And don't worry about your timeline to purchase. We are well accustomed to shoppers spending ample time to make a purchase of this importance!

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
I really thank you for your precious help!! you have been exhaustive and comforting, I will continue with my research! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results