shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My custom hexagon diamond and ruby earrings are done! He did a great job. I gave him the diamonds and he sourced the ruby and built the setting from scratch. He did a great job on the milgrain as well. :kiss2:

IMG_8757.jpeg IMG_8749.jpeg

Stunning! I have been pondering something similar for myself!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
So of course I keep posting that I'm spending too much money but I feel like this is the first time when I've been able to indulge in my jewelry interest after lurking here on and off since literally 2006-ish. So really I'm just investing in a long-standing hobby! :evil2:

That all being said, there's a piece available new and substantially discounted from a designer I've admired forever who rarely shows up secondhand. Not linking because I don't want it to get scooped out from under me (though let's be honest, it probably wouldn't even if I linked it!). As usual for me it's not a "deal" even discounted but the brand is approved of by some of the pickiest PS members so it's definitely high quality. It's a very delicate piece and I worry about style longevity with delicate things as I get older. I'm also having some trouble separating how much I want this particular piece vs how much I'm enamored of it being a designer I really like. Unfortunately it's final sale and I can't see it in-person, that would just be too easy! I do have photos and measurements from the seller and I've been thinking about it for weeks.

Decisions, decisions!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So of course I keep posting that I'm spending too much money but I feel like this is the first time when I've been able to indulge in my jewelry interest after lurking here on and off since literally 2006-ish. So really I'm just investing in a long-standing hobby! :evil2:

That all being said, there's a piece available new and substantially discounted from a designer I've admired forever who rarely shows up secondhand. Not linking because I don't want it to get scooped out from under me (though let's be honest, it probably wouldn't even if I linked it!). As usual for me it's not a "deal" even discounted but the brand is approved of by some of the pickiest PS members so it's definitely high quality. It's a very delicate piece and I worry about style longevity with delicate things as I get older. I'm also having some trouble separating how much I want this particular piece vs how much I'm enamored of it being a designer I really like. Unfortunately it's final sale and I can't see it in-person, that would just be too easy! I do have photos and measurements from the seller and I've been thinking about it for weeks.

Decisions, decisions!

If it’s a brand approved by PSrs then at least you have the option of potentially reselling it on preloved/loupetroop.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@RMOO @oldcutclubmember Thank you both! It was from oliviafinejewelry. I ordered it last Friday & it arrived in the UK from Turkey today - super efficient! She also makes is with blue sapphires & rubies.

Thank you! I notice that there are multiple jump rings at the one end to adjust the length a little. Does the ordered length correlate to the tightest jump ring, or the loosest ring?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I notice that there are multiple jump rings at the one end to adjust the length a little. Does the ordered length correlate to the tightest jump ring, or the loosest ring?

Definitely the longest ring. I imagined I’d have a little dangle of rings with the 7 inch as my writs is about 6 3/4 & wear them snug, but it was cutting the circulation off on the shortest ring :lol-2: I’ve fixed it on the central ring now to keep it tight enough to prevent flipping (though it’s very pretty from the back) whilst not garrotting me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Decisions, decisions!

Hmmm. I wish I knew the designer bc maybe some PSers who have their pieces could speak to the delicacy issue!

I also think there is value in owning a designer you love. I consider jewelry to be a form of art and owning a piece by an artist you love is valuable if you are an art collector!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Decisions, decisions!

Man, I’m dying to know! And I wish I could give better advice, but it sounds like there are a lot of qualities that would make it a “go“. How much would you regret it if it sold?

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm. I wish I knew the designer bc maybe some PSers who have their pieces could speak to the delicacy issue!

I also think there is value in owning a designer you love. I consider jewelry to be a form of art and owning a piece by an artist you love is valuable if you are an art collector!

Okay, it's on hold for me and again I don't really think it's going to instantly disappear even if it weren't, it isn't a good enough deal for that!

It's an Erika Winters bracelet with ten French cut pink sapphires. I have a relatively small wrist (5.75") and my mom's is smaller so I don't anticipate that size changing much with age, but it's definitely a dainty piece. The bar is 4cm long and the photo below is on someone whose wrist is a little smaller than mine. For the same price I could do an antique brooch conversion bracelet or get a medium-to-big DBTY bracelet, for example, which would both have more visual impact. But they wouldn't be an Erika Winters piece and I've wanted something of hers since she first released her collection (which my partner knows! so I might end up with an EW engagement ring). I would probably wear this bracelet every day for at least a few years, though, so at least the cost per wear would be low! It would join the stack below and is a similar width to the top one:

1714163995665.png
1714164304088.png
1714164989263.png
1714165339294.png
Man, I’m dying to know! And I wish I could give better advice, but it sounds like there are a lot of qualities that would make it a “go“. How much would you regret it if it sold?

I would get over it, especially since it isn't a one-off so I could always order one in the future, but I would be disappointed. It's not the same as the RDG tourmaline ring in my avatar, though, which really felt like I needed to have it or at least see it to know for sure. So disappointed but not crushed?

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, found an 18k Victorian turquoise gypsy in my size, and pulled the trigger! Crossing one more item off my dream wish list!
521c382b385622ea47514f6c724a18ba.jpg

love those colors! love that it's 18k and in your size! great find!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, it's on hold for me and again I don't really think it's going to instantly disappear even if it weren't, it isn't a good enough deal for that!

It's an Erika Winters bracelet with ten French cut pink sapphires. I have a relatively small wrist (5.75") and my mom's is smaller so I don't anticipate that size changing much with age, but it's definitely a dainty piece. The bar is 4cm long and the photo below is on someone whose wrist is a little smaller than mine. For the same price I could do an antique brooch conversion bracelet or get a medium-to-big DBTY bracelet, for example, which would both have more visual impact. But they wouldn't be an Erika Winters piece and I've wanted something of hers since she first released her collection (which my partner knows! so I might end up with an EW engagement ring). I would probably wear this bracelet every day for at least a few years, though, so at least the cost per wear would be low! It would join the stack below and is a similar width to the top one:

1714163995665.png
1714164304088.png
1714164989263.png
1714165339294.png

I would get over it, especially since it isn't a one-off so I could always order one in the future, but I would be disappointed. It's not the same as the RDG tourmaline ring in my avatar, though, which really felt like I needed to have it or at least see it to know for sure. So disappointed but not crushed?

It's hard to say no to anything EW does. If it's at the retailer I found when I reverse image searched, that's a pretty good price, all things considered.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
It's hard to say no to anything EW does. If it's at the retailer I found when I reverse image searched, that's a pretty good price, all things considered.

I'm sure it is the one you found! It's crazy expensive in general for such a small piece but not crazy for her and of course she basically never shows up on Preloved, LT, etc.

EDIT: Okay, I just did it! And it's final sale so I need you all to tell me it was a wonderful deal and a fabulous idea and it'll look perfect on me! ;)2

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

1714163995665.png
1714164304088.png
1714164989263.png
1714165339294.png

It’s lovely and will look great on your small wrists! I also have very small wrists.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its stunning and fits perfectly into your collection!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure it is the one you found! It's crazy expensive in general for such a small piece but not crazy for her and of course she basically never shows up on Preloved, LT, etc.

EDIT: Okay, I just did it! And it's final sale so I need you all to tell me it was a wonderful deal and a fabulous idea and it'll look perfect on me! ;)2

Congratulations!! You won’t regret it!! I feel like I’m kind of in the same place as you where I have lived jewelry for years but was never able to buy what I wanted…. And now I’ve bought like 7 things in the last 4 months lol! I look at it as an investment of sorts, it still has value , obviously if I had to sell something I wouldn’t get back what I paid but I get to enjoy it and if I HAD to sell it I would get some money back for it! ENJOY!! It’s gorgeous and I agree you rarely see EW preloved!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! You won’t regret it!! I feel like I’m kind of in the same place as you where I have lived jewelry for years but was never able to buy what I wanted…. And now I’ve bought like 7 things in the last 4 months lol! I look at it as an investment of sorts, it still has value , obviously if I had to sell something I wouldn’t get back what I paid but I get to enjoy it and if I HAD to sell it I would get some money back for it! ENJOY!! It’s gorgeous and I agree you rarely see EW preloved!

Congratulations on finally being able to invest in your hobby! It's a nice feeling, isn't it? And one advantage of needing to wait is that I feel like I at least know enough now to not make any total dud purchases. I might still choose something that's a dud *for me*, but we have our trusted PS vendors and members to help make sure we aren't getting totally screwed over!

tomato

Shiny_Rock

1714163995665.png
1714164304088.png
1714164989263.png
1714165339294.png

The big question to ask yourself is - “Would I buy this item, for this price, if it was some company like Blue Nile or James Allen?”

If the answer is no, it isn’t the piece you want but the fact that it’s EW. In that case, wait and choose a piece you’d love regardless AND is by EW.

Edited to add: I see that you pulled the trigger. I hope you really love it!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My custom hexagon diamond and ruby earrings are done! He did a great job. I gave him the diamonds and he sourced the ruby and built the setting from scratch. He did a great job on the milgrain as well. :kiss2:

IMG_8757.jpeg IMG_8749.jpeg

Oh I love these!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
My PawnAmerica rolling ring. When it rolled and clicked over my knuckle, I was hooked.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Garland Necklace

I'm a naughty PSer bc I haven't posted any bling updates in a long time.

Here is a piece that I'm in purchasing. Its vintage with French hallmarks, but no signature. I've seen and tried on a lot of high end jewelry, and I can say the workmanship in this necklace is incredible. Every single leaf is articulated so it can move independently, and most are engraved by hand with veining and striations that give them a visual depth and catch the light when the leaves tremble. Ribbons of white gold leaves run through the necklace and contain tiny glistening diamonds.

18K YG & WG, 3.2 ctw diamonds (71 RBC), handmade, probably from the 1950's or 1960's.

These are very bad photos as I was hot, tired and sunburnt at the end of a long day at Roundtop Antiques fair and these were taken in a barn with bad lighting.

Necklace Vintage French 1 small.jpg

Necklace Vintage French 2 small.jpg

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Garland Necklace

I'm a bad PSer bc I haven't posted any bling updates in a long time. Naughty naughty!

Here is a piece that I'm purchasing in an installment plan. Its vintage with French hallmarks, but no signature. I've seen and tried on a lot of extremely high end jewelry, but the workmanship in this necklace is incredible. Every single leaf is articulated AND most are engraved by hand with striations that give it a visual depth and catch the light when the leaves tremble. Ribbons of white gold leaves run through the necklace and that's were the diamonds are placed.

18K, 3.2 ctw diamonds (71 RBC), handmade, probably from the 1950's or 1960's.

These are very bad photos as I was hot, tired and sunburnt at the end of a long day at Roundtop Antiques fair and these were taken in a barn with bad lighting. It is far more amazing in person!

That's an incredible piece! Happy to see it on you.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Garland Necklace

Here is a piece that I'm in purchasing. Its vintage with French hallmarks, but no signature. I've seen and tried on a lot of high end jewelry, and I can say the workmanship in this necklace is incredible. Every single leaf is articulated so it can move independently, and most are engraved by hand with veining and striations that give them a visual depth and catch the light when the leaves tremble. Ribbons of white gold leaves run through the necklace and contain tiny glistening diamonds.

18K YG & WG, 3.2 ctw diamonds (71 RBC), handmade, probably from the 1950's or 1960's.

These are very bad photos as I was hot, tired and sunburnt at the end of a long day at Roundtop Antiques fair and these were taken in a barn with bad lighting.

Superb!!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Garland Necklace

Oh this is absolutely stunning on you!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Garland Necklace

STUNNING

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Garland Necklace

Love it!

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Finally, my 2.46 K VS1 in a six prong french cut setting by CVB. She reflects EVERYTHING, including my black phone case, so I'll need to rectify that soon!
IMG_1643.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, my 2.46 K VS1 in a six prong french cut setting by CVB. She reflects EVERYTHING, including my black phone case, so I'll need to rectify that soon!
IMG_1643.jpg

Oh wow that was quick. She looks perfect on your finger. Congrats on getting a CVB masterpiece! Enjoy your new ring.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow that was quick. She looks perfect on your finger. Congrats on getting a CVB masterpiece! Enjoy your new ring.

Thank you thank you! I've had her for about a week and am over the moon. Aussie PS meet up definitely on the cards!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results