shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
After a lot of messages back and forth, the seller is willing to accept a return. I will have to pay for the return shipping (looks to be about $45 through USPS priority flat rat) but I will chalk up that cost to lesson learned about being more cautious about reading the fine print on Etsy.

Did she waive the "labor" fee (restock) fee of $25 too?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Working on these as well. Might not be the final CADs and will be doing removable drops in the same style, but with slightly larger rounds as well. Studs will be 2.30ctw, final earrings with drops will be 5ctw.

DK 102099-QUAD-1.JPG

And here's a photo of the diamonds laid out for the top part:

IMG_3797.jpg

lovely layout and design as always!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@oldcutclubmember @Ally T @RMOO and anyone else who is upset with their purchases from this seller.

My understanding is that in the US it is ILLEGAL not to put the word "lab created/grown" or other term that is similar, "immediately preceding" the name of the gemstone that is being sold.

The FTC has defined rules regarding this that can be found on their website. I'll also cut & paste the paragraphs so you can read them.

Any jeweler who has completed even the basic intro courses at GIA has had this info hammered into their heads.

So you have every right to a FULL refund, because what the seller had done is, technically, fraud, whether they realize it or not.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 12.53.09 PM.png

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I posted the wrong link the first time. Correct link is now posted above.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a reset done of this ring because although I like the look from the top, I HATE the look from the side. The top piece looks like it's just "plopped" down on a band. (These are CADs, not actual photos). When I had this made, I was clueless.

throughfinger_2(1).png

lookingdown_2.png

So I'm trying to keep something that looks like the top, but integrated into the band. Just started working on the CAD with Amy at DK. DK did not make the original ring. Hoping to come up with something I will actually wear as the stones are nice. It will probably end up being more like a flush setting with the detail on top but not sure if that will work. Any ideas?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm having a reset done of this ring because although I like the look from the top, I HATE the look from the side. The top piece looks like it's just "plopped" down on a band. (These are CADs, not actual photos). When I had this made, I was clueless.

throughfinger_2(1).png

lookingdown_2.png

So I'm trying to keep something that looks like the top, but integrated into the band. Just started working on the CAD with Amy at DK. DK did not make the original ring. Hoping to come up with something I will actually wear as the stones are nice. It will probably end up being more like a flush setting with the detail on top but not sure if that will work. Any ideas?

I do t think I have ideas but I support this reset! I love the vibe but also am not such a fan of the bridge style profile.

I wonder if Caleb Meyer might have some inspiration? There is a similar vibe here with some of his works which usually have interesting enclosed galleries.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do t think I have ideas but I support this reset! I love the vibe but also am not such a fan of the bridge style profile.

I wonder if Caleb Meyer might have some inspiration? There is a similar vibe here with some of his works which usually have interesting enclosed galleries.

Thank you. I'll try to check his work out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back in January I bought a small, 4mm OEC with a GIA report, H VS2. At the time I also bought what I hoped was a mate, from the same seller, but the cut on the second one sucked and I returned it.

The one I kept is on the left.
IMG_2049.jpeg

I've been hunting for a mate for the H VS2 ever since, but it had to be cheap! Today I found what I hope is a nice mate for her from the same seller. It’s an I SI1 this time and I think the cut and proportions line up nicely. Yes it is hilarious that these tiny diamonds have GIA reports, but I love it of course.

Fingers crossed!! It's being sent through eBay international shipping, so given my last experiences using that shipping method I should have it in about 3 weeks.

I am hoping to use these two OECs as side stones for my original engagement sapphire, which has been sitting loose and unloved for about 10 years. It is a dark royal blue that was common in the era when these OECs were cut so it feels fitting to pair them up.

Here is my sapphire looking her best, hanging out with some friends.

IMG_1853.jpeg

Sure enough, three weeks later she arrived and she’s a perfect match! Both stones are super sparkly and very white. I love them. I have a thread over in coloured gemstones about the project if you want to come along.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@oldcutclubmember @RMOO I have high tailed it to my bench this morning & mine are testing as emeralds. Admittedly he only tested one stone from each clover, but they are (highly treated, I expect) emeralds.

Possibly it’s a bit random depending on parcels of actual melee versus lab created, but I am happy to keep my bracelet.

Well that's good to hear (for you.) I'll have to take mine in and have mine tested.
ETA that I would expect lab emeralds to test as emerald since they are chemically and structurally the same, And since the seller has confirmed that these bracelets are made from lab emeralds that is what I would expect. I would not assume that any of the melee are of natural origin, or the seller would have noted the potential mix.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that's good to hear (for you.) I'll have to take mine in and have mine tested.
ETA that I would expect lab emeralds to test as emerald since they are chemically and structurally the same, And since the seller has confirmed that these bracelets are made from lab emeralds that is what I would expect. I would not assume that any of the melee are of natural origin, or the seller would have noted the potential mix.

Yes, a lab emerald should test as emerald. So if it’s not even testing as that, what are they? Glass??

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, a lab emerald should test as emerald. So if it’s not even testing as that, what are they? Glass??

I'm hoping it is just that my Presidium tester has issues with lab emeralds. I have another band of natural emeralds that the Presidium tests as emeralds, hence my concern.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sapphire starburst pendant came today. I love it! This is my first blue sapphire piece ever, and I think I’m hooked. The stones are nice and bright, not dark at all, and I can’t wait to wear it with royal blue and navy clothing.

IMG_4628.jpeg

Where did this come from? It is stunning!!!! I think it will be incredibly versatile and just as good with a tshirt and jeans as with fancier clothes.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still working out how to photograph this one to show what it really looks like, but yearrrrrs ago I saw this when I visited Diamonds By Lauren and it's lived rent-free in my head ever since, and it's finally mine! It's a fancy brownish yellowish orange diamond with green fluorescence and french cut sides. The color is captivating in person. I have a busy weekend but I hope to be able to set aside some time to photograph it and do a thread!

Taking name suggestions for this ring!

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9637.jpeg

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I'm still working out how to photograph this one to show what it really looks like, but yearrrrrs ago I saw this when I visited Diamonds By Lauren and it's lived rent-free in my head ever since, and it's finally mine! It's a fancy brownish yellowish orange diamond with green fluorescence and french cut sides. The color is captivating in person. I have a busy weekend but I hope to be able to set aside some time to photograph it and do a thread!

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9637.jpeg

Oh I loooooooove this ring, I remember seeing it on their website. Congratulations!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9637.jpeg

Oh I'm so glad this has found a home! It's SUCH a special ring!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9637.jpeg

Beautiful! I would name her Amontillado and call her Tilly for short.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did this come from? It is stunning!!!! I think it will be incredibly versatile and just as good with a tshirt and jeans as with fancier clothes.

I bought it from Ruth of @rubiestuesdaynyc on Instagram! I’ve purchased several pieces from her, she’s great. I know she’s had this style before so I’m sure she’ll get another in stock at some point, message and ask her!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9637.jpeg

I could look at this ALL DAY LONG…… :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm finally home with my new ring from IVY New York! Good news: the stones definitely don't black out, it's extremely sparkly, and it fits without resizing! I had never seen spinels closely in person before and these sparkle a lot more than the sapphires and tourmalines I've seen do. Bad news: it's definitely quite grey, I would have called them a blue-ish grey rather than blue. I was expecting that but was hoping for bluer. It'll be worn a lot, though, because it's extremely comfortable, it will match a lot of my clothes, and the black rhodium and smaller size makes it feel kind of casual to me. I still think it was a great deal for $1610 shipped, especially considering the quality of the setting.

Specs: 1.61 carats of spinels and 0.15 carats of diamonds -- which I believe now seeing how delicate the pave is in person!

Onwards to photos! The last one is comparing the pave between this ring, my hand-forged RDG tourmaline ring, and my CvB ring in case that's helpful to anyone else considering a purchase from IVY. Please excuse the cat hairs, smudges, and unmanicured nails.

1714582310813.png
1714582327159.png
1714582339127.png
1714582359285.png

I am so in love with your new ring and come back and watch the little video multiple times every day.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I am so in love with your new ring and come back and watch the little video multiple times every day.

Oh, @mrs-b, you are so kind! I just took another video at my desk for you :) This is my first time seeing single cut diamonds and they have a lot more fire in the sun than my full cut melee. The spinels are not this dark in real life but we all know that taking good photos and videos of jewelry isn't easy!

I'm so looking forward to seeing your projects in progress. The studs especially! I love the shapes you've chosen.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh, @mrs-b, you are so kind! I just took another video at my desk for you :) This is my first time seeing single cut diamonds and they have a lot more fire in the sun than my full cut melee. The spinels are not this dark in real life but we all know that taking good photos and videos of jewelry isn't easy!

I'm so looking forward to seeing your projects in progress. The studs especially! I love the shapes you've chosen.

You have a new fan.
So, my kid happened to see your new ring yesterday(because I admit to stalking it, just a bit:lol:) Normally she takes little interest, but she has made plain that a ring in this style is the first piece of real jewelry I am to buy for her as a future college grad gift. She also said, "I'll gladly take that one, if she's willing."

*that's five years from now, just saying...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results