shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 ct Diamond Purchase Advice

Flirtymurty

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I have been looking for a natural diamond solitaire/round shape within the following parameters: 1.4-1.55 ct G-I VS1-SI1 XXX GIA certified. I originally was shopping online but have since (mostly) settled on a local retailer. I have seen quite a few diamonds in person (~10) and to be honest, outside of the obvious color differences between J and G for example, or the obvious black inclusions, most of the diamonds look the same to me. Therefore, I am looking for any insight into whether I should purchase the diamond below. I have attached the GIA cert as well as my attempt to take an image of the diamond. Thanks in advance!

1726290909635.png

Attachments

• IMG_8625.png
    IMG_8625.png
    535.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I like your thinking - great value in Eye Clean Si1's.... This one is a DeBeer's Forevermark with a fresh GIA.... Are they selling it as preloved or maybe they have had it in inventory for awhile and did the GIA to make it more saleable ? What's the asking price and what's your budget ?

Ideally the Pav would be 40.8 instead of 41 but it could work... Hard to tell from the photo - Did you like it ?

I like your thinking - great value in Eye Clean Si1's.... This one is a DeBeer's Forevermark with a fresh GIA.... Are they selling it as preloved or maybe they have had it in inventory for awhile and did the GIA to make it more saleable ? What's the asking price and what's your budget ?

Ideally the Pav would be 40.8 instead of 41 but it could work... Hard to tell from the photo - Did you like it ?

Thanks for the reply! Budget is ~$10k for the diamond. Asking price is also right at $10k here although I’m not too worried about finding the best diamond to stretch my money the furthest if that make sense. In regards to the backstory, I am not sure what the deal is but you are correct this is a deebers double certified by GIA. Deebers first graded it as a VS2 G but GOA downgraded it. I did like the stone but like I said, most of the stones looked very similar to me inside, by the window and outside in the sun. Just want to make sure I’m not making a mistake and picking a severely inferior diamond. Thanks again for the help!

I also received this diamond from a different jeweler albeit, this jeweler is not local to me but I am considering all options at this point. 1726319428144.png1726319428144.png

In comparison, this is a super ideal cut diamond but the clarity is VS1 vs. SI1. You can see from the wire price it is 5k more expensive. However, it is top of the line cut and very clean clarity. Check out the video!

In comparison, this is a super ideal cut diamond but the clarity is VS1 vs. SI1. You can see from the wire price it is 5k more expensive. However, it is top of the line cut and very clean clarity. Check out the video!

Thanks for the link! While that diamond is appealing, I would say it is definitely out of my budget unfortunately. While I am open to looking at other diamonds, I feel like I’m at the point where I’ve looked at quite a few diamonds and they all look good to me so I just need to make a decision and am wanting to see whether I am making an incorrect one. I know the stone specifies SI1 but I personally couldn’t see any inclusions without a microscope

I think 10k is a bit steep for the Forevermark/GIA H - should be more like 7 or so..... You have a nice budget for the size you are looking for so you should be able to get something better.... Personally i like to have some Fluorescence (my profile image is Si1 Strong Blue D) not sure if you have open to some FL ? It's a great indicator of natural Origin given all the knock off / Synthetics are inert to LWUV ..."Mother Nature's sign of Authentity"

Last edited:

I saw this one this morning

This is a Whiteflash expert selection. So not ACA. But Ideal in most categories. It says to inquire about “eye clean.” This looks like a good stone to me from what I can see on the website. I’m no expert but an ideal cut goes a long way. $10.6 for wire price. I like this one better than the one you posted. I’d call Whiteflash and ask about its eye clean status.

Here’s another one -

Lower price, ACA but more tinted.

It is very pretty!! Are you considering it?

lol / no - I just looked because of the original post to see if there was anything in a super ideal similar to what he was looking for.
I found our local jewelers were about $2-3000 more for the c weight as WF or BG. That’s how I ended up on PS and with BGB stones - and eventually DK setting (After months of struggling with a local jeweler at double the price).
This site and its members were so helpful - I wish I would have found it right away, instead of after a few months of angst.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP