shape
carat
color
clarity

5.61 carat tanzanite w/ 1.95 tcw diamonds... How did we do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WendyT

Rough_Rock
My mom and I went jewelry shopping at the LA jewelry mart last week. We came across this beautiful tanzanite ring and I convinced my mom to purchase it for herself as a 20th year wedding anniversary present to herself.
naughty.gif
(My dad doesn''t know about it yet.
11.gif
) I was wondering if we did a good job with negotiating the price. The center stone is a 5.61ct tazanite, oval-shaped. It''s this beautiful purple-blue color and whenever we angle the stone, we see these red/magenta? and purply? flashes. The stone is completely eye clean and we couldn''t find any visible inclusions with a loupe. The tanzanite is surrounded by 1.95tcw of F/VS1 diamonds consisting of rounds, princesses and marquise. The carat weight of the diamonds range from 0.10 to 0.18. It kinda looks like a very pretty oval shaped flower. (And a very sparkly one at that.
love.gif
Hehehe.) The setting is 18kt white gold. We paid $6300. Does that sound right for this type of piece? If it helps, the jeweller told us that it is a very high quality tanzanite. I think we did well on the price but my mom is not so sure.
rolleyes.gif
Can someone tell me how you can distinguish it''s a high quality stone? What is the price difference between an okay tanzanite and a very quality one at this carat weight? And did we get a good deal?

My initial impression is that the price sounds reasonable for a fine quality tanzanite and diamond ring with those carat weights.

I would suggest having an independent or objective appraiser evaluate the quality and value for you. Then you'll have an appraisal you can use for insurance purposes and a second opinion on your purchase.

Thanks Richard! I'll tell my mom.
1.gif

Well, none of us could possibly help without PICTURES!!
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP