shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 6+ ct Antique EC with FC Baguettes - Kama’s 10yr Anni Upgrade!

Wow I’m a believer of what’s meant to be yours will be even if it takes time. So happy for you, the stone is gorgeous!

Thank you!!

Late to this story but it’s such a beautiful story of things that are meant to be! 10% is indeed a small price to pay to have the chance again to get the one that got away. It is the most beautiful emerald cut indeed.

So true! I call the small markup the ‘confidence tax’, so it was well worth it!

Yes, thanks for drawing me back to this wonderful ring @Tekate and I have to chime in again because not only is this ring TDF Amazbling in every way but it really is meant to be...your ring b'shert. And this is what it is all about. How our bling makes us feel. Good karma and all. :kiss2::appl:

Amazbling!! Love that! Thanks Missy!! :-)

What an amazing ring and an incredible story to go with it! :love: Karma indeed! Please feel free to post as many photos of this beauty as you'd like, and most of all, enjoy!! And happy anniversary!!

Haha will do, thanks!!

This is THE BEST jewel of the weeks story I have read. Kissmet! It belongs to you and was meant to be. Congratulations!! Somehow I missed this when you posted it.

The stone is amazing :love::love::love:

Thank you!! The story makes half the ring!

GREAT story. AMAZING ring. :appl::appl::appl:

Happy Anniversary!

What made you go with brushed yellow gold? Had you seen it on another ring?

I’d been drawn to rose and yellow gold for a few years now, but I would sometimes find it too shiny. I’d seen a few things in brushed gold recently and thought it would be the perfect compromise. I also have a beautiful DbtY necklace by JbG in brushed gold and it looks beautiful on me and against my skin tone. It looks super lux, especially against old cuts.

How could I missed this thread? Your ring and your whole collection is stunning. Congratulations!

So this is going to be a long one...

So when I was at the Miami antique show in February, I saw a beautiful 6.38ct J VVS2 emerald cut diamond. It was Jogani’s, who I met through Grace (Jewels by Grace). If you don’t know Jogani, he has the most amazing selection of beautiful antique high carat and colour stones. But, I was actually looking for a cushion to upgrade to, and hadn’t even considered emerald cuts. Plus it was the very first stone I saw and my original intention was to upgrade for our 10 year anni next year, and hadn’t expected to find a stone I liked so soon. I was also unsure about the size as I was initially looking for something under 4cts. Due to the reasons above, I let it go.

I still couldn’t stop thinking about it and hubby finally said I really should stop analyzing and just get it. Unfortunately, by the time I went back to get it, he ended up selling it at the Hong Kong show a few weeks later. It was sold to an European dealer who had planned to recut the stone because he thought he could get a higher colour (it is super white facing).

I was really heart broken. Grace, my bling pusher and a dear friend, sent me some killer stones to consider after that, and while they were stunning, I couldn’t stop thinking of the one that got away. I (virtually) cried on her shoulders a hundred times about missing out on that stone. It was my HG and I lost it.

Then in May, Sam at Icerock diamonds, was going to Geneva to a show and he said this show has many big antique stones. I had been following him on IG and met him once briefly. I showed him a video of my HG and asked him to keep an eye out for me if he came across anything that fit my very detailed search criteria. Now, I have very specific taste and am very particular about my old cuts. Sam instantly understood exactly what I was looking for, which blew my mind. Towards the end of Day 1, he sent me a video of a beautiful 6.2ct J VVS2 stone. I absolutely LOVED the facets and thought it was incredibly insanely close to my HG stone.

Here is where things get interesting. I sent a video to @Resonance.Of.Life and @ForteKitty , and both of them instantly said that it was the exact same stone from Miami...

And sure enough, Jogani later confirmed that it was indeed the very same stone!!! The only difference was the shape (and minor weight difference) - the stone now had these beautiful clipped edges as the dealer tried to recut it slightly. The dealer also mentioned that GIA will likely reclassify as an I, but alphabets don’t matter much to me. So of course I bought it instantly...in fact, I had confirmed it even before I knew it was the exact same stone!

I can’t believe my stone finally made its way to me after an exciting round trip across the world!!! LA -> Miami -> Hong Kong -> somewhere in Europe -> Geneva -> LA -> Napa ->Toronto.

It was meant to be mine.

821DDEB8-E464-4D68-A7A3-DCF9B285CFD8.jpeg
All I can say is WOW it was meant to be yours. Can't wait to see how you set it.

Here are a few more pics of the ring on my hand for perspective:

A80D1166-3A73-4DAA-A3F3-6F9716D346C3.jpeg
Ahem, I should have looked through the whole thread. You have beautiful hands and the ring looks perfect, so beautiful.

016E93D8-5293-4A17-98F9-4A9004ED4986.jpeg

C984BBE5-D2F0-4296-A84B-691635108104.jpeg

70F23598-70E9-42DD-8EC5-584B40C782A2.jpeg

3D55E875-B2EE-400A-B9E4-0D25A0EBFC80.jpeg

8554154E-D6FD-4BAB-9C30-2B0F552B43DE.jpeg

A22E89C6-B75F-49BF-BD5F-FBF1926955EF.jpeg

AC69AF1F-CF33-41E4-89DE-E8AFC4D2F7EA.jpeg

Love seeing this beauty again. It’s stunning!!!

Wow so obsessed with everything about this!! Of course the gorgeous center stone with its perfect step cut facets (is this an asscher?) but also the brushed gold setting and the perfect french cut baguettes!! I also did not know this was a thing!! I think the proportions are dead on, and it hugs your fingers so perfectly. It just glows on you!!

This stone is incredible, the ring is perfect on you! So clear too, like looking into a clear pond of water :kiss2:

May I just say,WOW, STUNNING,ETC.:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results