shape
carat
color
clarity

A delayed gratification thread/rant… help me become more patient!

I'm handling it by upgrading my house and cars. Things will go wrong eventually as things age so I am trying to get ahead of future problems now. That takes a lot of money and when you spend a lot of money on those things bling takes a back seat for me.

I must be the outlier here. I don’t do custom projects much so I either buy things or I don’t. So if I’m not buying things, I can just easily turn it off and focus on other stuff. We are working on plans for a retirement house so that’s where my focus is going and, it was pretty easy to shut off the jewelry, clothing, handbag purchasing urge for a while. I’m not gonna lie though, I had a 25% off Saks friends and family recently so a handbag did find its way to me. But I consider that a practical purchase.

I used to be a lot better about turning it off, but I've definitely slid down the slippery slope lol.

Ohhhh… yes, I completely forgot.
I also decided to take off 75 pounds, lol!

I will say, the change in diet, food prep and workouts has been rather time consuming and has helped with some of the anxiety from waiting. I’m down 36 pounds now!

congratulations on the weight loss!! That's phenomenal!

Same here, same here.

Sometimes I tell myself: OK, after this purchase. THAT'S IT" I am getting rid of eBay and Etsy... But, yeah, no, never happened... I buy other things off of those places, not just jewelry so...

And there are also times when I am like "I work SO HARD" I have not other luxuries for self gratification ( well yes, yearly travels with the family, weekly takeout meals" but, like, I don't shop for other items....jewelry has always been my vice. But it's not good for me and the household financially.

I am somehow trying to keep busy with exercise, sleep, reading my novels, maintaining the house and kids bit ugh. The grind gets to me sometimes. Working as a therapist in healthcare can be tiring and bling just makes me smile!

Reading people's replies certainly helps make me feel not alone!!

I'm glad I posted just so we can all commiserate together :D

I am also waiting and suffering lol

This year I bought loose diamonds and gemstones for projects but didn’t set anything at all! And while I do like collecting stones, not having a new piece to actually wear is pretty anti-climactic lol

I have been saving to set my 2.74cttw suite of old cuts early next year. But we just found out our older son has a band trip next spring to Europe that is going to cost a pretty penny o_O I really hope we can make it work without dipping into the bling fund bc that would just be so sad for meeeeeeee.

I hope your bling fund remains intact so you can make your gorgeous 5 stone! I'm dying to see it :D

Aww I'm reading the comments and it feels like a few of us are in the same boat lol we should be on ban island.

I got two big bling this year but I'll probably not get anything for another year or two.

I love looking at what others are contemplating though and as usual PS is a great distraction.

I also bought wayyyy too much stuff this year, enough that I feel vaguely guilty for wanting new bling next year even! I probably should stay away from PS so I don't get new ideas but I also like looking at pretty things so here I stay :D

you are very generous to your friends and family

you might just scratch the itch by treating your self to a less expensive but still luxuriousness something - having a really awsome day out or lunch at a really fine restuarant, something you have wanted to do for ever but never got around to it
somethingreally really nice just to help hold you off for six months

that's a good idea Daisy! I need to find something like that as my pick me up :D

I'm handling it by upgrading my house and cars. Things will go wrong eventually as things age so I am trying to get ahead of future problems now. That takes a lot of money and when you spend a lot of money on those things bling takes a back seat for me.

I also guess those things take up mental bandwidth and gives you an outlet for the research etc energy, so it makes it easier to not focus on bling :D

The only thing that ever helped me become more patient was working part time at a thrift store! I’ll have to come back and tell the story; I have to pick up my kiddo from a school social event in a few minutes. Also had some very lean years financially—cutting back will make anyone more appreciative, imo.

Congrats on the weight loss! Tell me what we are waiting for to happen in April? Seems so far off . . . hard to keep your focus I'm sure!!!

I found my HG dream diamond. She’s incredible- and April will be her homecoming. April we will have the funds, and if she’s still available- it was meant to be. I’m keeping very quiet about all her details until then, because I’m crossing all my fingers and toes no one else finds her in the meantime. :lol:

I found my HG dream diamond. She’s incredible- and April will be her homecoming. April we will have the funds, and if she’s still available- it was meant to be. I’m keeping very quiet about all her details until then, because I’m crossing all my fingers and toes no one else finds her in the meantime. :lol:

Well, fingers and toes crossed for you that you get that diamond in April! Waiting can be so hard but hopefully your patience will pay off!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP