shape
carat
color
clarity

A similar setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Splarg

Rough_Rock
Hello! This is my first time posting here, and it is with a pretty important question!

Today, while my lady and I were at a mall, we stopped into a Fred Meyer Jewelers because we wanted to get an idea of what types of settings would look great on her finger. She fell in love with one and is pretty decided that it''s the design she wants, but I''m not comfortable buying from a mall jeweler and with the quality of the stones.

The attached picture is the one from the FMJ website.

I want to spend up to $5k total (setting and center stone), but want something with quality I can trust.

What we like most about the ring is that the prongs lift the diamond up and it''s completely open, and the diamonds on the band run under the prongs and lifted diamond.

I have looked on Blue Nile, Whiteflash, and James Allen and haven''t been able to find the same or similar setting.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can find a similar setting or have any suggestions as to what I can do?

717876_main.jpg

35.gif
Welcome to PS.

I don''t know if I would feel comfortable wearing a princess cut perched on top like that. I have an oval sapphire set the same way- I hardly wear it -it''s set very high and I always hit it on things and it just makes me nervous having those edges exposed like that.

There are really a lot of options...

You might want to take a look at Vatche rings at Engagement Rings Direct.

And Whiteflash... also check out their princess cut diamonds.

Good Old Gold carries Vatche and some other settings for princess'' you might be interested in.

I''m sure others will give some more options... right now I''m just tired and obsessing on my setting.
20.gif

You can search online to price out this setting, which is called a ''bridge'' setting. Just search for "bridge princess". I actually came across the very same picture you posted in an ebay listing. The ring is listed at $3500 and has 1.13ct H, SI2 princess stone. I wouldn''t recommend that you buy the engagement ring off ebay but it shows that you can get a better price than what the mall jeweller quoted you.

Hi Splarg,

I''d look into having it custom made in white gold. It shouldn''t eat up too much of your budget, and you''ll know you''re getting quality work. I know Whiteflash does custom, as does Knox Jewelers (www.knoxjewelers.biz)

Will Fred Meyer sell you just the setting so you can buy the diamond elsewhere? You don''t save a huge amount buying settings online. It''s the diamonds that are better quality and better priced online. One you decide on the size stone you want to buy, then FMJ could order the setting for you, and you could decide whether they would set your stone or send the setting to the diamond vendor.

Thank you to everyone that has replied so far. These responses are a huge help to me!

There was another inquiry about that design a year or two ago.

The conversation or question lead to a custom design idea...as inexpensive as possible. So it was discussed to take an preexisting eternity band and have the prongs attached to hold the diamond.

I don''t recall how it ended...I just wanted to let you know of the idea.

Pearlman carries Gumuchian...the setting alone runs over 5K...but wanted you to see another elevated mounting idea. The more you see you may have another take on what you want. link §

Date: 12/30/2007 10:58:48 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Will Fred Meyer sell you just the setting so you can buy the diamond elsewhere? You don''t save a huge amount buying settings online. It''s the diamonds that are better quality and better priced online. One you decide on the size stone you want to buy, then FMJ could order the setting for you, and you could decide whether they would set your stone or send the setting to the diamond vendor.

We asked about this, but Fred Meyer said they do not sell settings by themselves. I''d have to purchase the entire ring ($4k) and then buy a loose diamond on top of it and have them set it.

Here''s a Verragio (found this site from a link on Missrock''s SMTR thread)... page 11, top-center pic. Not sure on the price.

Date: 1/3/2008 12:23:59 AM
Author: sera
Here''s a Verragio (found this site from a link on Missrock''s SMTR thread)... page 11, top-center pic. Not sure on the price.

Very pretty, thanks! We actually plan on visiting Joe Escobar''s shop this weekend so she can look around and try things on.

Date: 1/3/2008 11:35:45 AM
Author: Splarg
Date: 1/3/2008 12:23:59 AM

Author: sera

Very pretty, thanks! We actually plan on visiting Joe Escobar''s shop this weekend so she can look around and try things on.
Oh, great! I got caught up looking at his site. He has some really gorgeous rings!!!

Hello,

While looking onine I came across several rings with this kind of style. I can''t remember where though, I''m sorry. I''m not sure I can be of much help but I just saw that SeeShell posted pics of her ering in LIW and it looks alot like what you may be wanting.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-proposal-the-story-of-love.75504/

Maybe you could ask her some questions about the setting.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP