shape
carat
color
clarity

Am i being ripped off?

pastramionrye

Rough_Rock
Hi all, first post and I knew this would be the place to come!

I'm looking at this marquise. 0.5ct, E, VS2 with excellent cut, polish and symmetry.

I don't mind some bow tie, but is this a lot? It's the only image I have of the stone. Also, is there any reason why the lower half of the stone appears darker than the top? 2ca13155-f4a9-4529-a7d2-e8961175b730.jpg

Is this a GIA graded diamond? Are you buying it sight unseen? If so, I would need more images than that. Could be the lighting affecting the top and bottom differently, but I would need more than this picture to purchase.

Thanks so much for your reply! It is GIA graded - the report number is 6481838800. I'd appreciate your views a lot ☺️

If you have a link to a video of the stone please post it.

Getting "ripped-off" usually has to do with the cost of a product. You have posted no price.

This is so kind of you! Thank you!

I don't think you're getting ripped off. But marquise are hard to judge in general

It has a tiny bit of darkness through the center but I wouldn't call it excessive (see the orange).

Like any well-cut round brilliant the blue area will go dark in bright light (especially outside in bright sunlight).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-06 175140.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-06 175140.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 2
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP