shape
carat
color
clarity

And now for everyone's favorite gem color... brown.

Oh I really like this! The color is a perfect brown shade. I only have a couple pieces that have brown and they both have brown paired with yellow and white. I guess I like that combination, lol.

DSC_3697.JPG

IMG_8505.jpg

Aren't these pieces just stunning, @Catmom!! The dragonfly is a "wow" and I'm obsessed with anything concerning maple leaves (and maple syrup... and pancakes... with bacon... and... oops I lapsed into a foodie fit, sorry). :shifty:

What a beautiful brown @Autumn in New England . It reminds me of this gorgeous honey / cognac colored diamond I saw on Parks Instagram. I guess I’m swimming against the crow because I think it would look amazing with an icy white halo. Regardless, I can’t wait to see what you do with it. :kiss2:

Pic for reference:

464B256A-7490-4F6B-9F6C-A27B78D01E42.jpeg

@Catmom That freaking leaf is killing it! So utterly perfect. :kiss2:

I love that they call that diamond color "honey." It really is the perfect warm shade. Gorge. My first instinct was just a white diamond halo! But then I thought, with a color like this, and since it was so inexpensive, it might be fun to get creative. Not sure just yet though!

@SparklieBug and @Nick_G So funny you should both mention pairing a brown with green! When I was running through colors that were complimentary, I found that tsavs really looked lovely with it. I'm sure emeralds would too. This stone was cheap, so I'm trying not to spend too much on the accents. But we shall see. Thanks, guys!!

peridot then ?

It's growing on me, Mjay!!
brown-heart_1f90e.png
I was thinking about maybe setting it with a mixture of white and brown/champ diamonds?

I love it -- and this idea!

I would avoid surrounding it with brighter colors -- it will make it suffer in comparison. I agree with letting the center stone do most of the talking!

Rose gold? I have a warm stone that I set in green gold for contrast and I think it worked but i can not picture it here.

I love it -- and this idea!

I would avoid surrounding it with brighter colors -- it will make it suffer in comparison. I agree with letting the center stone do most of the talking!

Rose gold? I have a warm stone that I set in green gold for contrast and I think it worked but i can not picture it here.

I love your green gold piece! I have actually (tentatively) decided on an inner halo of white diamonds (small, maybe 1mm) and then a larger outer halo of different colored diamonds (18kyg). We'll see how it goes! I loved the red, orange, and yellow idea, but trying to find CS in the right colors, sizes, and shapes was going to be a feat. Anyway, I am purposely avoiding vivid yellows, because, I agree with you, super saturated colors may dull the zircon in comparison.

I don't have an appropriate emoji with which to end this post, so here's what looks to be a Scotland Yard detective smoking an old-timey pipe.
detect.gif

Here's what I've come up with so far. Ok, yes, it looks a bit clownish at the moment.
little%20clown.gif
But, I don't think these diamonds are very vibrant in person, nor differing in color from one another as much as it might seem. I think they're going to be quite a bit more subdued and deeper in tone IRL too. Everything is to-scale in the below composite I made in Word (I'm too cheap for photoshop). The zircon is 12x9mm, the white diamonds are 1mm, and the colored diamonds are 2.5mm and 2mm. I tried my best to represent the diamond colors as closely as possible in the composite, but I'm very limited. lol What do you think? Autumnal? :geek2:

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

And here is a photo of the actual diamonds... much less expensive than true yellows, but more expensive than champagne or chocolate. I think it's because they have orange/green undertones.

DiamondColors.png

Here's what I've come up with so far. Ok, yes, it looks a bit clownish at the moment.
little%20clown.gif
But, I don't think these diamonds are very vibrant in person, nor differing in color from one another as much as it might seem. I think they're going to be quite a bit more subdued and deeper in tone IRL too. Everything is to-scale in the below composite I made in Word (I'm too cheap for photoshop). The zircon is 12x9mm, the white diamonds are 1mm, and the colored diamonds are 2.5mm and 2mm. I tried my best to represent the diamond colors as closely as possible in the composite, but I'm very limited. lol What do you think? Autumnal? :geek2:

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

And here is a photo of the actual diamonds... much less expensive than true yellows, but more expensive than champagne or chocolate. I think it's because they have orange/green undertones.

DiamondColors.png

it has an old world charm to it already :appl:
:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

DiamondColors.png

I think you can just get a quarter-pound of each and see which you like best. :mrgreen2:

This is such a cool idea -- I did not know you could get tiny colored diamonds like that!

And my "Rose gold?" comment above, as I re-read it, was not intended to question rose gold but rather to assume that you were thinking rose gold. I read a little more carefully above and it seems like you are. That would probably be my choice, too.

This is gonna be amazing!

little%20clown.gif

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

DiamondColors.png

Oh, I love this so much!!!

Love that design! Like jumping in a pile of leaves in the fall.

I do my mockups in word also :lol:

I love this imagery so much, thank you! And I'm comforted by the fact that you also use Word for your creations. lol I really rely on the fact that the jeweler's talents for interpretation will save me. :lol-2:

I'm surprised there is a consensus, TBH. I thought some might think there was too much going on. But I really believe the diamonds are much more muted in person. Hopefully not too much so. I'll keep you posted as the project progresses. Thanks, everyone!

I love this imagery so much, thank you! And I'm comforted by the fact that you also use Word for your creations. lol I really rely on the fact that the jeweler's talents for interpretation will save me. :lol-2:

to be fair, I only design a few things here and there (mostly personal) so I am really in the same boat as you as far as design talent. Not an official jewelry designer in any capacity (yet) ;))

to be fair, I only design a few things here and there (mostly personal) so I am really in the same boat as you as far as design talent. Not an official jewelry designer in any capacity (yet) ;))

Well when you get there, let me know! :)

little%20clown.gif

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

DiamondColors.png

This is going to be EPIC!!!

This is going to be EPIC!!!

I just hope the colored diamonds aren't too small that they become muddled next to one another, you know? I tried them all the same size (2.5mm instead of both 2.5mm and 2mm) and it just didn't look as rich to me. What do you think?

Are you doing this soon @Autumn in New England ????

How exciting! Who is making it?

Amy (from DK) and I are already working on the CAD. This guy would have gone to the back of the queue, but I need to source the colored diamonds myself, and I must have the CAD in order to do that. I don't like to wait to procure accent stones, because, when you finally do need them, they either won't be there or the price is way higher. So wish me luck! I'll definitely share the CAD when finished. :mrgreen2: I have a little surprise twist I want to incorporate. heeeee

I just hope the colored diamonds aren't too small that they become muddled next to one another, you know? I tried them all the same size (2.5mm instead of both 2.5mm and 2mm) and it just didn't look as rich to me. What do you think?

I like the small variation in size, it gives it “texture” (no idea if that’s the correct term for it lol) and visual interest! Would you consider doing a fine bezel around each accent stone to visually separate them from one another? I’ve seen some halos done that way on PS and it looks lovely to me!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics