shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue-Green/Teal Jade Price

nyapple

Rough_Rock
Greetings from a newbie to this forum!
I’m considering buying this blue-green princess bangle priced at SG$7500/US$5700 but want to get a sanity check from more experienced folks if that price seems about right for it? It will be a permanent/daily wear to replace a purple-y/green pair that I was gifted in highschool about two decades ago. I figured it’s time I buy my own adult bangle as my taste has changed over the years haha. TIA!IMG_7634.jpegIMG_7635.jpeg
IMG_7248.jpeg

Can you get a certificate from Nan Yang? Do you have sunlight pictures? The pictures show a fine polish, but do not show the structure and fineness of the grain, so it is hard to know what this is.

Last edited:
Can you get a certificate from Nan Yang? Do you have sunlight pictures?

Yes, it is certified through NGI Singapore. The store website said the photos are taken in natural light but I’ve reached out to request additional pictures and videos.

Wonderful! I did edit my last post. I asked because the structure is not easy to see in the photos.

Wonderful! I did edit my last post. I asked because the structure is not easy to see in the photos.

Still waiting for a video but this is was the center of the bangle.

e476604a-3f8d-4160-b21e-950c231760fc.jpeg

With the cotton patches on the head, looks like might be Guatemalan jadeite. Pretty fine grain but not as translucent.

Last edited:
With the cotton patches on the head, looks like might be Guatemalan jadeite. Pretty fine grain but not as translucent.

Understood. The seller said it is “very translucent and extremely watery” but I will confirm the origin of the stone. Are Guatemalan jade priced differently or are less quality than Burmese jades? Or is price just a factor of color, texture, translucency? I really appreciate your guidance, thank you so much!

Understood. The seller said it is “very translucent and extremely watery” but I will confirm the origin of the stone. Are Guatemalan jade priced differently or are less quality than Burmese jades? Or is price just a factor of color, texture, translucency? I really appreciate your guidance, thank you so much!
From what I have read, the Guatemalan teal color jade has taken off. It tends to have more cotton bits, but it varies. It may also be Burmese. It might be good to search Guatemalan Jadeite on Etsy to get a feel for pricing and translucency. There is a good bit of it there. May I ask the inner diameter in mm of the bangle?

At the end of the day, the quality of the material sets the price.

By the way, while you are waiting for pictures, I cannot recommend this evaluating Jadeite thread enough: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/evaluating-jadeite-feicui.283529/

Oh wow that is a great thread! I feel more comfortable about this bangle now. The color looks close to lake blue. It seems to have good water but not sure if it qualifies as icy; definitely not glassy. The color intensity looks quite yang to me.

The seller had an insanely glassy blue piece that blows my mind: https://www.littlejadeitehouse.com/collection/p/luxury-the-bluesk. I am envious of whoever got that one haha.

They do have another large 60mm blue glassy still in stock tho!: https://www.littlejadeitehouse.com/collection/p/luxury-the-bleu

I read articles on the seller’s website and they only mention selling only Burmese Jadeite so I assume none of these are Guatemalan.. And to answer your earlier question: the one I’m eyeing is 56mm.

You should buy what and how you feel, but I do wonder on the pricing.
Here are some similar grade A I found on Etsy. You can always send to Mason Kay in the US for a report. Glad you enjoyed the thread!

Chatoyant Jade on Etsy (grade A), for 950:
il_794xN.6175973084_48u1.webp

Eastwind Jade, 2900.
eastwind jade.webp

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP