shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale Burmese pinkish red spinel 2.24ct GIA cert

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers! I am selling a stone that I bought from HiGems a couple of years ago. It is a gorgeous pinkish red (GIA calls it "red") spinel with a recent GIA certification. There is a story behind it, so please feel free to skip to the end if you prefer. The stone was originally 2.35ct and I had it mounted in a spectacular mounting by Mr. Sako via Caysie. I never wore it, just tried it on and did not love the stone, unfortunately. I asked Mr. Sako to remove it so I could repurpose the halo mounting and he discovered a nick which his father aka @thegemdoctor took care of, with a loss of 0.11ct. He sent it off to GIA and so I have a cert as well. This is a bigger ticket item than I usually sell, and so it remains in Mr. Sako's possession until it is spoken for.

The pinkish red spinel is from Burma (sold to me as Mahenge, btw), is 2.24ct, with dimensions as follows: 8.01 x 6.55 x 5.22mm. She is a performer under some lighting, as you can see from some of the photos of her in the mounting. Here are some photos, some courtesy of Mr. Sako:
435407232_1027176318800801_5208476986191888804_n.jpg

indoor 2.jpeg
indoor light.jpeg
And the cert:
cert.jpeg

I paid $3650 a few years ago for this lovely stone, and am asking $3150. Thank you so much for making it through this long post--I apologize, but wanted any potential buyer to know the whole story. Here is the link to Craigslist:
**edited by moderator, please post a for sale listing in compliance with this forum's policies**

Last edited by a moderator:
So beautiful - I remember this ring. Sorry to threadjack but how are you repurposing the mounting? It is so gorgeous.

Oh my goodness that’s a beautiful stone!!! Dust for a quick sale.

Please post an actual "for sale" listing in compliance with this forum's policies, not just a "contact me" post.

Please post an actual "for sale" listing in compliance with this forum's policies, not just a "contact me" post.

Hi Ella--I thought posting on Craigslist was OK. Sorry about that.

Hi Ella--I thought posting on Craigslist was OK. Sorry about that.

Craigslist itself is fine if there is an actual listing for the item, but general “contact me” posts aren’t allowed.

Hi PSers! This 2.24ct GIA certified Burmese pinkish red spinel will be sent fully insured to the lucky purchaser's location by Mr. Sako, should anyone decide to purchase it. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

I would love to re-home this beautiful spinel. Reducing to $3000 for PSers.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP