shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a ring (2.5 round, ideal cut etc), need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 1:56:34 PM
Author: johnm
Thanks for looking Lorelei. I have one question for you: do you think the occlusions would be eye visible? They're mostly in the center, so I'm wondering if their location is the reason for the 'great deal'?

Here's the GIA report: http://www.bluenile.com/certs/7/GIA16768079_zoom.jpeg

Thanks,
John
I will just fix the link -

http://www.bluenile.com/certs/7/GIA16768079_zoom.jpeg

I doubt you would see anything with the naked eye John in VS2, really the plotting diagram of the report isn't an accurate way to tell - I think you will be fine but best to ask BN to check it for you.

EightStar_jr

Rough_Rock
I would choose a well cut smaller stone over a larger stone with lesser cut quality any day. The extra weight will not give you added value, and unless you plan on carrying the certificate around with you, it will be hard to convince others that the poorly cut stone actually is 2.4+

Cheers,

johnm

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I''m very close to getting the last diamond I gave the link to on bluenile. I have just received a good deal on the attached diamond, but I don''t think I''m going to go for it because of the number of crystals and clouds in the middle. It scored 2.0 on HCA (the other diamond was 0.9). Just wanted to confirm with the experts that the BN one is better.

Thanks!
John (so close!)

GVS2_certificate.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is within fiery ideal cut range ( FIC) which means it can have different performance characteristics to the other. FIC's can show extra fire if the lighting is right - but I think the other diamond is the best choice. Also the HCA scores don't count towards selection, the aim is to score below 2 to be worth further evaluation. The first diamond also has a slightly larger diameter, the above has a little extra depth which can be seen in this type of diamond. They are both good diamonds but I prefer the one on the other page, the 2.10 G VS2.

johnm

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, just wanted to update you. I bought the 2.1 one from BN and proposed to my now-fiance on Thursday. THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR HELP, she was blown away with the diamond :) People haven''t stopped complimenting on how much the diamond sparkles (even from all others who have large expensive diamonds). The information I learnt from this site, and your very helpful comments (I almost bought a diamond without knowing much about HCA until you guys kept referring to it) was priceless. Thank you :)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, John.
9.gif

Now, where are the pictures????
11.gif

johnm

Rough_Rock
Thanks Elle, I''ve tried to take pics but I found it impossible with my point&shoot digital cameras, even trying to follow advice given on other threads
7.gif
Do you have others pointers on how to do this?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
marco setting!! then play
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results