shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me here?

str8shooter

Rough_Rock
Purchased these a while back. I'm a novice when it comes to pearls. Sterling clasp, assuming they may be worth something considering they were sold from a reputable jewelry store.. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 20240712_190253.jpg20240712_190253.jpg

Looks like FW. Slightly potato shaped even accounting for the skew at the bottom of the photo. Sterling clasp suggests lower-value pearls.

No, not worth much. Hopefully you purchased to enjoy them first and foremost.

...assuming they may be worth something considering they were sold from a reputable jewelry store...

Welcome! And they look pretty!

We love Freddie's! Of course it is also a reputable seller of groceries. I may have bought some gold earrings there decades ago. My recollection is that they sell more commercial-grade, commoditized stuff. But, IIRC, their sales volume for jewelry was huge so their pricing must've been competitive. Oh, wait: quick search shows that they are the third largest retail jeweler in the US!

They are actually very symmetrical. I have some FW ones and these seem to me quite different from them. No plan really as far as resale. I buy jewelry of all kinds when I happen to come across it.. I enjoy the research. Any tell tale signs as far as differentiating the two? Thank you for reaching out

Welcome! And they look pretty!

We love Freddie's! Of course it is also a reputable seller of groceries. I may have bought some gold earrings there decades ago. My recollection is that they sell more commercial-grade, commoditized stuff. But, IIRC, their sales volume for jewelry was huge so their pricing must've been competitive. Oh, wait: quick search shows that they are the third largest retail jeweler in the US!

They are very nice looking. For the right occasion of course

They are actually very symmetrical. I have some FW ones and these seem to me quite different from them. No plan really as far as resale. I buy jewelry of all kinds when I happen to come across it.. I enjoy the research. Any tell tale signs as far as differentiating the two? Thank you for reaching out
The color is freshwater. Light peach is a freshwater color. My monitor is reading a peachy white color. Feel free to take more pictures by a window in daylight. Akoya ( sea pearls) would/should have a sharper reflection and different over and undertone.

I too believe they are Cultured Fresh Water Pearls (CFWPs).

DK :))

Purchased these a while back. I'm a novice when it comes to pearls. Sterling clasp, assuming they may be worth something considering they were sold from a reputable jewelry store.. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 20240712_190253.jpg20240712_190253.jpg
They look like decent pearls and prices have gone up lately, you'd have to try hard to find a triple strand for 300$. Enjoy them!

i'd wear them, they look very nice
nothing wrong with fresh water pearls
great find if you ask me
love the colour

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP