shape
carat
color
clarity

Carved Pendent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here I am being naughty again. Is this worth buying? There''s just too many beautiful and affordable pieces that are relatively decent at Gemwow.
Spinel Rose Carving

Stats:
Mogok Spinel Carving
9.92x12.42x2.66 Millimetres
3.36 Carats

Description:
The color is absolutely fine and there is a good clarity despite few fissures reaching the surface. Tiny crystals can also be seen through a microscope.
This is definitely a lovely piece with a delicate workmanship.

The fissures are partially healed and, on the back of the stone, there are some small chips. But I think this piece can be set as a pendant without problem.
Depending on how you look at the stone, the color varies from pinkish under transmitted light to slightly orangy red under reflected light. On the market, professionnals would describe this stone as a "flame spinel". On my opinion, the saturation is good and the tone slighty dark.

My primary concern is the slightly dark tone. Will that still be able to showcase the colour and carving?

Chrono!!! Great minds think alike!
30.gif

I've already fallen in love with the rose carved spinels at gemwow. I hadn't seen the one you linked...

The ones I loved were smaller, rounder, and perhaps deeper...and they were already sold!
8.gif
I inquired if there were any more coming in. No definitive answer, yet...

Aren't they wonderful? I'd KILL for a small matched pair for earrings...

widget

(Edited to add) I already posted a pic of the one I love in the thread entitled: "Spinel Red" started by Spinel....

i knew i had seen a carved piece recently, it was widget! those are beautiful. new ideas everywhere........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP