shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing diamond on a Tiffany & Co engagement solitaire ring to a better one question…

waynetogo

Rough_Rock
I would like to change the diamond on my wife’s Tiffany & Co solitaire engagement ring to a new one. They are both the same size, 0.74ct Tiffany & Co diamond to a 0.74ct ex-cut/flawless-clarity/ex-plish/colorless GIA certified diamond.

This way we do not have to get a new crown or anything, just swap the diamond size for size on her ring. It will also be way cheaper than upgrading a diamond like that at Tiffany using their program.

Will Tiffany & Co still clean the ring after we change the diamond at the store? Will they service it for re-sizing even with a fee if we need to make it larger or smaller later on?

We do not want a new ring because this is sentimental and we want to pass it on to our sons or daughter that gets married in the future.

I don't have any experience with Tiffany products, don't know their requirements for ring cleaning, service, etc but if you change from a Tiffany diamond to a non-Tiffany diamond - it's no longer a "Tiffany" ring. The Tiffany ring is both the setting plus the diamond. My guess is you would lose all the prestige of having a branded TIffany ring, and all the value of that branding ($$$).

I would absolutely not change the diamond in a Tiffany setting. You would lose a lot of the monetary value, Tiffany would no longer consider it their ring so you would lose the chance to have service on it, etc. Also, going from 'eye clean' to flawless isn't a meaningful upgrade. Although Tiffany diamonds aren't super ideal cut, it sounds like you weren't looking for a super ideal stone and Tiffany is still quite selective with what they choose. I doubt you would notice any meaningful difference. Enjoy the ring you have now and use that money to start fresh with a different sentimental piece of jewelry!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP