shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Earrings Assistance

BHamilton

Rough_Rock
Hope you all are well! Planning on buying a pair of earrings as part of a birthday weekend later next month and always love PS thoughts on selection.

1. Cushion
  2. Slightly above 1ctw
  3. Color is main concern
They'll likely be set in platinum, but white gold isn't out of the question. ASET not on file for any of the following, but how are they looking to the eye? I'd like to limit to search to JA, but it there are a pair with those specs just screaming to be purchased elsewhere, I might be game.

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

If I was going to make that purchase I would spend a few more $$$ and get a pair of .59, from Brian Gavin, his 'Black" line.

Are you specifically looking for "crushed ice" type cushions?

May I ask why you prefer cushions?

May I ask why you prefer cushions?

sure. after the engagement ring years ago, that cut has been a favorite of my person as she is regularly complimented about how it wears. if there are inherent downsides of having them as studs, then I’d be happy to hear, but that’s the thinking going into the purchase.

Small matching cushions with good optics are hard to find and on the ear which is usually viewed form a fair distance the shape and faceting likely won’t be appreciated the way it is in a larger ring. Does the intended wearer already have round brilliant studs? I think there is a reason that shape is classic and usually considered a staple by most around these parts. It is easier to find well cut options and the optics of round brilliants really work well at the viewing distance for studs.

Small matching cushions with good optics are hard to find and on the ear which is usually viewed form a fair distance the shape and faceting likely won’t be appreciated the way it is in a larger ring. Does the intended wearer already have round brilliant studs? I think there is a reason that shape is classic and usually considered a staple by most around these parts. It is easier to find well cut options and the optics of round brilliants really work well at the viewing distance for studs.

They do already have rounds. Besides the JA selections, I do have these matching cushions holding
1 2

Agreed that these branded cushions are a much surer bet!

Thank you all! Now we wait for the delivery truck :dance:

Sounds like you moved forward with the BG stones! Great choice. Post photos please when they arrive.

What type of setting did you choose?

Arrived just as I got back from holiday! not a pro with photos but figured I owed the thread an update :)

Attachments

• IMG_9081.jpg
    IMG_9081.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9082.jpg
    IMG_9082.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9084.jpg
    IMG_9084.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9085.jpg
    IMG_9085.jpg