shape
carat
color
clarity

Disney's shocking abuse of 'Terms and Agreements'

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disney knows that when signing up for Disney+, their online streaming service, there's only a microscopic chance you'll read their T&A before accepting.
Well ... just look what Disney snuck into a T&A for one of their unrelated businesses ... :angryfire:
Shame on Disney.

Chick out this 3-minute NPR audio report.

Yet another example of why we should read all 87 trillion Terms and Agreements we all agree to without reading.
Companies know we don't read them so they are taking advantage.
Disgusting!

IMO we need new legislation preventing companies from slipping in terms relating to their other companies unrelated to the one you're signing up for.

Last edited:
It seems that Disney has backed down:
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/19/...on-wrongful-death-lawsuit-intl-hnk/index.html

The language is interesting; "At Disney, we strive to put humanity above all other considerations. With such unique circumstances as the ones in this case, ... As such, we’ve decided to waive our right to arbitration and have the matter proceed in court." They still claim the right, but they have magnanimously "waived" it. Pity. I was looking forward to seeing what the court made of it.

Now we can speculate endlessly about what happened:

. Their PR people overruled their lawyers.

. The claim was corporate bullying/bluffing from the start. When the plaintiff called their bluff, they backed down.

. Their lawyers figured that their case was strong enough not to need controversial claims.

. Their lawyers realized that if they wanted to get expansive clauses accepted by the courts, they needed a less patently ridiculous example.

. Their lawyers realized that even if they won in court, it would only add to calls for legislation against corporate overreach. So a strategic retreat was in order...

. All of the above, and more.

But we will probably never know.

I suspect Disney would
Why?
One word, "optics".

But now, let's see whether all these big corporations remove this skanky slime ball BS from all of their T&As.

I too read they have backed down due to the very bad publicity they had received, and rightly so IMHO.

DK :appl:

Update

Update: Disney lawsuit over doctor's fatal allergic reaction​

By MDLinx staff | Fact-checked by Hale Goetz
| Published August 26, 2024

I couldn't copy and paste without it looking weird so the link is above for anyone interested

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP