shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have the Tiffany Somerset mesh ring?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If so, do you like it? Have a photo you could share?

thx

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two w diamonds. The thin w three horizontal diamonds and the thicker one w 5 vertical ones. I don't own the puffier one if you are looking at that option. The thin one has become "squishy" in that it is no longer firm and in perfect shape. Both are very comfortable to wear .

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Enerchi! I am looking at the silver only one - looks like there are 2 - one domed and one not. I wish Tiffany would tell you on their website how wide each ring is. I don't know which I like the look of better. Thoughts?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1366296350|3429758 said:
If so, do you like it? Have a photo you could share?

I don't have one, but I uploaded some photos of them since you piqued my interest in what they looked like. (I love mesh jewelry and own a lot of it in gold, including many Elsa Peretti mesh earrings.)

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

tiffanysomersetmeshring1.png

tiffanysomersetmeshring2.png

tiffanysomersetmeshring3.png

tiffanysomersetmeshring4.png

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AGBF - I really like the look of this ring. But I can't tell which is wider - the flat band or the domed one. Do you find your mesh pieces get really dirty easily? I worry about the tarnishing but if I could find a good cleaner that would get into the mesh, I'd be ok with it.

Thanks sortmom - I wish I wore that size! I appreciate you pointing it out to me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a lot of silver and my experience is that silver worn often may develop a "patina" due to scratches, etc. but does not tarnish. patina is a desired effect and on many older pieces value is destroyed when it is removed.

if you like bright and shiny silver you can use a toothbrush to clean it and buff with a jeweler cloth.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point movie zombie. thanks!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I don't have it but there was a thread on Purseforum where a former Tiffany SA was answering questions, and he said the silver mesh wasn't very easy to clean. I've seen some people wearing the mesh rings and I think they become duller, quicker than some other silver jewellery designs, since there are so many little shadows and dips in the mesh and no unbroken smooth surfaces for the light to shine off. I mean, it's not a bright, shiny piece except when it's new or has been painstakingly cleaned. But perhaps that's OK with you, in which case go for it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1366303240|3429832 said:
I don't have it but there was a thread on Purseforum where a former Tiffany SA was answering questions, and he said the silver mesh wasn't very easy to clean. I've seen some people wearing the mesh rings and I think they become duller, quicker than some other silver jewellery designs, since there are so many little shadows and dips in the mesh and no unbroken smooth surfaces for the light to shine off. I mean, it's not a bright, shiny piece except when it's new or has been painstakingly cleaned. But perhaps that's OK with you, in which case go for it!

Yes. I like my jewelry to be very shiny and highly polished, so the ring wouldn't be for me. But if you don't mind, it is a GORGEOUS, classic piece! I've always admired it on others.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems Tiffany sells a silver polish spray. Maybe this product with a soft toothbrush would keep the grooves of this ring clean.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1366299665|3429791 said:

Thanks for posting my Preloved thread Sortmon! Katiedid, it is a little hard to clean if you wait to polish it. If you stay on top of it, it's not bad though. I used to wear it a lot when I first got it, so it didn't develop a lot of tarnish. But then I didn't wear it often, so before selling it I got it professionally cleaned at Tiffany's. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
I received one as a gift and I can't tell you when I wore it last --I think maybe 11 years ago. It is very hard to clean and has been sitting in my jewelry box forever, along with the rest of my Tiffany jewelry that I never wear anymore (necklace, two rings, and a watch). :(

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lizzyann and malbec. hmmm that doesn't sound so promising. I've asked the sales person about the spray cleaner. I'll see what she has to say.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak posted about the silver polish she uses in a thread a few months back. I had never heard of it, but it is worth looking for. She uses it on her (massive) collection of sterling flatware and hollowware and apparently it is topnotch. I will look for it in the other thread, but we can also, always, simply ask her about it! I would suggest that if you like to keep your silver shiny, you should simply do so with this!

Got it. She wrote:

"I used Never Dull polish. Have tried a zillion brands over years & I love this. Comes in blue tin cans -- it's treated cotton-y stuff that you rip little pieces off of. One reason I like it is that you can get it into little crevices. I use it on silver jewelry too. Some hardware stores carry it."

Best,
Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1366296617|3429762 said:
I have two w diamonds. The thin w three horizontal diamonds and the thicker one w 5 vertical ones. I don't own the puffier one if you are looking at that option. The thin one has become "squishy" in that it is no longer firm and in perfect shape. Both are very comfortable to wear .

I have a thin rose gold sommetset bracelet that is also "squishy". :bigsmile: In fact it is out of round and is weak in one spot. But the bracelet is only 4mm and thr ring you are looking at is alot wider. The heavier the better.

cheers--Sharon

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never Dull Polish - good to know - thanks!

Sharon, your bracelet sounds beautiful even if it is squishy!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila, thank you for sharing those suggestions! I have, unfortunately, considered those. I think a Tiffany ring isn't in the cards for me right now... I was hoping the mesh right might work but the sales lady said they are very hard to keep clean.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1366311191|3429933 said:
Laila, thank you for sharing those suggestions! I have, unfortunately, considered those. I think a Tiffany ring isn't in the cards for me right now... I was hoping the mesh right might work but the sales lady said they are very hard to keep clean.

Hard to believe. Maybe she just wanted to sell you a gold one. I love mesh.

Deb

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have one and it's very comfy to wear. The silver does tarnish but I like the look of it. I think if it's to shiny it doesn't look quite right. You can always polish it up with a silver polishing cloth but the bits in between where the mesh links do patina quite quickly.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - should add I have the domed ring.

ldl259

Rough_Rock
I have the mesh ring. Mine is the flat one. I really love it. The good thing is you can bring it to tiffany any time and they will clean it for you. Keeping it in the bag really helps. I got mine on ebay many years ago. It was never worn and I think at the time I got it for abauseout $50. It was when they were very popular and everyone was getting them. I got my true size because it does stretch over time and it fits really well now. It is a very comfortable ring considering my ring span is very short and the ring is sort of wide. Hope this helps.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1366319869|3430042 said:
I have one and it's very comfy to wear. The silver does tarnish but I like the look of it. I think if it's to shiny it doesn't look quite right.
You can always polish it up with a silver polishing cloth but the bits in between where the mesh links do patina quite quickly.

This thread (to which I am linking) is about Georg Jensen silver jewelry. If anyone cares to read it, he can read a true story unfolding of someone (me) finding vintage jewelry (her mother's). I had had no idea that my mother had Georg Jensen silver jewelry and other pieces (like a lipstick holder and so forth). In fact, I have misplaced them as well as the Volupté compact I found. Tonight I found a pin made in France that may be made by Jaeger-it is in a Jaeger box-and it is copper backed. I will have to start a thread on it tomorrow. But in the meantime I wanted to say that I think that tarnish is good!

Link to Georg Jensen thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/georg-jensen-jewelry.25634/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/georg-jensen-jewelry.25634/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
I haven one and love it! Too bad that it no longer fits my finger. Here is a photo of my somerset heart ring.

_5629.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ldl259, do you like the flat one better than the domed? I think I heard the domed one is more rigid and less squishy?

AGBF - cool thread! I'm gonna read through all of that!

lunemo - I like your ring!

ldl259

Rough_Rock
I like the flat one. I find it more comfortable. Takes up less space between your fingers. I am posting some pictures to show you how squishy the ring gets. Right now the ring is tight on me because my fingers are swollen so I can't post pics wearing it.[attachment=0]0418131941a.jpg[/attachment

0418131941.jpg

0418131941a.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting those pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results