shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have the Tiffany Somerset mesh ring?

ldl259

Rough_Rock
katiedid|1366332932|3430157 said:
Thanks for posting those pics!
Your welcome hope they help. Funny thing my 17 year old daughter came home and saw the ring out. Guess what she now has it. Lets see if I ever get it back. She saw Tiffany and that was the end of my ring.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha! My 15 year old would love it too!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Sure can!

Here you go.

I just measured and it's 10mm wide. I believe it's a size 6. I find it comfy to wear but I don't wear it much anymore because I have a sapphire halo I now wear on that hand instead.

mesh2.jpg

mesh.jpg

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
katiedid|1366327245|3430100 said:
lunemo - I like your ring!

Thanks katiedid! Sadly I think I might need to sell this ring. I am going to buy it in a bigger size once I sell it though because I love it so much.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ldl259|1366329556|3430121 said:
I like the flat one. I find it more comfortable. Takes up less space between your fingers. I am posting some pictures to show you how squishy the ring gets. Right now the ring is tight on me because my fingers are swollen so I can't post pics wearing it.

I like that squish! I never wanted a mesh ring before, because I like really soft mesh that moves a lot, but that squish is very appealing!

BTW, when I went to check out the Tiffany website to see this line I saw that I had an Elsa Peretti mesh bracelet on my wishlist! I had forgotten all about it! It is a relatively new piece of hers, not something I could have bought five or ten years ago. I already have a fabulous gold mesh bracelet, but I wanted that one, too! It's a looooong way off given the price tag and the other things I wanted to buy before it!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat - that is really pretty! It looks great on you. Would you recommend this ring for ring finger or middle finger?

lunemo - the fact that you want another one says this must be a great ring for you. That's good to know!

AGBF - I saw a matching ring and bracelet set on ebay (in silver) and thought it was beautiful. Glad to hear you have a bracelet and love it!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also meant to ask - for those of you who have a mesh ring, did you get your regular size, go up, go down?

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have the flat mesh one, and my best friend has the domed one. I did try hers on and we are the same size. It did feel like it would tighten up at the ends bc of the curves. I definitely like the flat/straight one more. I don't wear mine anymore, and was considering selling it. I think it's a size 5.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
joolsiepetunia - good to know! I think if I get one, I'll get the flat one based on everyone's comments.

My debate now is whether to buy it new or on ebay. I'm really weird and picky about this kind of thing, so I'm afraid if I don't get it brand new, I'll find something wrong with it. I'm nowhere near a store - the closest one is about 2.5 hrs from me, in a city I almost never go to.

And then there is this same style ring, in a cheapo version that's stainless steel (and wouldn't tarnish).

My other option isn't as appealing, since the other rings I love are retired and I'd have to buy them used. What to do, what to do...

ldl259

Rough_Rock
I bought mine on ebay and it was sold as brand new. When it arrived it most definately was brand new. I also made sure by bringing it to Tiffany and they will not clean it if it isn't theirs. Also, the copies don't look the same. By the way I still don't have my ring back. haha Don't think I will ever see it again. It's ok though because I really want to get a sapphire to put into my old engagement ring setting since I have my 3 and five stone set. Now the hubby will have no excuses. lol

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idl259, that's great - I saw one posted on ebay as "new" but when I contacted the seller, she said she bought it a year ago on ebay and now she's selling it. I don't consider that "new"...

I think you should go for the sapphire ring too - much nicer than silver!

ldl259

Rough_Rock
Now I just have to learn about sapphires. My setting will hold up to a 1ctw stone. Any advice on what thread to look on for help would be appreciated.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to stop obsessing about this ring, stop looking at ebay and second guessing whether listings were accurate, only to find a good one that had "no returns". I bit the bullet and just ordered it from Tiffany! My awesome sales person is sending me a return label to send the Olive Band ring back via UPS at no charge, which I thought was really nice of her (and she offered that before I decided to buy this other ring). And because I'm so impatient, I'm having this one shipped overnight so I'll have it tomorrow! I told her if this one doesn't work out, I'll return it and leave her alone.

Fingers crossed!

BTW, she told me the NYC store is crazy right now because they did the jewelry for The Great Gatsby movie coming out May 10th and they're doing some special events around that. Pretty cool! I had seen previews for the movie weeks ago and was drooling over Carey Mulligan's rings. No wonder - now I know where they came from...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1366395641|3430596 said:
I decided to stop obsessing about this ring, stop looking at ebay and second guessing whether listings were accurate, only to find a good one that had "no returns". I bit the bullet and just ordered it from Tiffany!

Congratulations!!! I am getting a lot of vicarious pleasure from your purchase!

Hugs,
Deb

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Deb! Hopefully it'll be a keeper!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought both mine in my same normal size. Mine does not bend as much as shown on page 1, but it is squishy like that. When I think what I paid for both of them...sort of frustrating...

ldl259

Rough_Rock
katiedid|1366388306|3430487 said:
That's my birthstone so I love them. Take a look at http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/
I already checked out the site and found a yellow green stone that I love. Now I have to convince the hubby to check it out. He already said if you want me to look at anything having to do with diamonds I am not looking. lol I just bought you that 5 stone. haha
I am glad you got your ring. Hope you enjoy it and have alot of fun with it.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi, I would love to have the diamond ones like yours, but the silver will have to do!

IdI259, that site is dangerous! Thanks and I hope I'll love the ring, after all the agonizing I've done over it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedid|1366409045|3430757 said:
Enerchi, I would love to have the diamond ones like yours, but the silver will have to do!

IdI259, that site is dangerous! Thanks and I hope I'll love the ring, after all the agonizing I've done over it!
Mine are silver! ;)) I've noticed the prices have gone up considerably in the last three years!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you said yours had the diamonds in them! I have no doubt they have all gone up in price over the years. I wonder what year they introduced this style? Seems like it's been around a while and lots of people like/buy them. Of course, lots of people sell them (on ebay) too!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
katiedid, I am a little under a 6 - maybe a 5.75 but I find the sizing is a little flexible because of the squish factor. I would say it would be fine to wear on either your ring or middle finger.

Congratulations on your purchase! I loved the olive leaf ring but understand how it might be a no go for everyday wear :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it that this thread just keeps on going! I never used to check "Show Me The Bling" when I came onto Pricescope, but now I look for this thread. I am hoping that it stays up top until there are some photos of the ring on katiedid's hand!!!

Hugs,
Deb

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring was waiting for me when I got home from the gym this morning! I LOVEEEEEEEE it. It is so super sparkly and shiny and so comfy. I'm hoping it's not too big. My hands are kinda cold right now so it's loose but I hate tight rings anyway. Gonna wear it today and make 100% sure. If it is too loose I will definitely be getting it a half size smaller. It's so gorgeous. I have a bracelet that will look so good with it - I'll post pics of that later! For now, ignore my beat up hands, and nails in serious need of a manicure. Matter of fact, I may treat myself to a mani today. So glad I talked myself into this one!

meshring.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one more pic for Deb!! :) With one of the dozen roses my sweetie got me for our anniversary, which was Tuesday.

meshring2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know why pics are always sideways when I download them on my desktop instead of my laptop...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! :love: Looks so good on you!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last pic for today. With my bracelet.

meshring3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1366477011|3431152 said:
One last pic for today. With my bracelet.

I love it! And it looks smashing with your bracelet. I would say that the ring is most definitely a keeper! I hope that you think so, too!!! I am so glad that you bought it!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results