shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this setting work for this sapphire?

Pumpkin Sparkles

Shiny_Rock
So over the years I’ve accumulated a nice collection of loose gemstones (mostly agates) and a handful of colored stones and some diamonds that I’m just now getting around to setting or completely custom resetting. With that being said this is my loose 1 carat unheated light blue sapphire of unknown origin (older gentleman selling his old stock) It’s very silky.. not opalescent but when looped the silk is visible.
My question is does this setting work for it? Is the stone to small?
Before I decided to take the leap on taking on 2 projects, I won this setting on eBay sadly it didn’t work for the diamond intended for but hoping this does. Opinions appreciated.IMG_1767.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpeg
    IMG_1766.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 26
Looks like a pretty gem! I can't see the basket but looks too small to me. Prongs can be shortened but I can not see enough to say -- like if they are long tabs vs. having some structure/buttressing under them that would complicate shortening. Would help to have much closer images and from the sides, too. It's not too small for the shank, imo, if that is the question.

It looks like mine! I got the setting from a lovely local PSer and my jeweler was able to adjust the prongs.

Attachments

• 20240827_153904.jpg
    20240827_153904.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240903_080901_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240903_080901_Photos.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 4
Looks like a pretty gem! I can't see the basket but looks too small to me. Prongs can be shortened but I can not see enough to say -- like if they are long tabs vs. having some structure/buttressing under them that would complicate shortening. Would help to have much closer images and from the sides, too. It's not too small for the shank, imo, if that is the question.

I will try to post more pictures later on! It looked a bit small to me, as well.

It looks like mine! I got the setting from a lovely local PSer and my jeweler was able to adjust the prongs.

That is exactly how my setting is! I’m feeling hopeful now seeing your beauty! That blue is amazing :kiss2:.

That is exactly how my setting is! I’m feeling hopeful now seeing your beauty! That blue is amazing :kiss2:.

Thank you! It's an unheated Ceylon from an old brooch :)

Thank you! It's an unheated Ceylon from an old brooch :)

The setting really brings out that blue! Thank you so much for sharing. I was beginning to doubt my choice!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP