shape
carat
color
clarity

Doublet''s anyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Looking for opinions on doublet''s. Are they considered better or worse than lab created or the same?
I''m thinking better because I feel that lab created look too rich and therefore fake. Where as in the doublet you still get a lesser more realistic colour but a bigger stone for less money.
To make matters worse would they call something a doublet that really is all fake
32.gif

Sorry got to find out how far these dealers will go.

Smiles to you all
30.gif
I love coming here and reading all your pro opinions, anybody else come here right up there with email.....

doublets.jpg

About all-fake dublets... why not ? For the very reason you say - it may be easier to combine the properties of two material sto get a believable sum: say, a bottom sliver of top green syntetic emerald topped with light green beryl. It happens...

There is a diamond simulant made of CZ topped with syntetic spinel (name?)... that's a branded all-fake dublet.

I'm not a fan. Large dublets are quite obvious, smaller ones are better served by close settings - there is no way to suspend one between four tall prongs and smile
40.gif
, IMO.

And... there is lab made material with inclusions and imperfect color and what not, only not the least expensive.

What is in your picture ?

Thanks for the reply Ana.
Would you say 10x8 doublet was too large ?

I think I am dumb, but: What''s a doublet? I am guessing some sort of combination of two stones, but...?
Thanks!

HI:

You are on the right track--if you search under my "emerald revisited" post of app. three weeks ago, I asked the same question and if memory serves Mogok provided a great response.

cheers---Sharon

Date: 12/4/2004 12:10
6.gif
9 AM
Author: KimberJEB
I think I am dumb, but: What''s a doublet? I am guessing some sort of combination of two stones, but...?
Thanks!

Ana
Sorry I missed your question, the stone i posted is the dublet for my consideration.supposibly...

Date: 12/3/2004 10:493 PM
Author: leggs

Would you say 10x8 doublet was too large ?
No... not in a closed setting. Once you get it, you will see what this 0.2 of mine is based on: if the sides of the stone are ''covered'' then the layers are not really visible unless you look hard and tilt the piece just so.

Are you looking for some sapphire stand-in ? The picture shows topaz or blue zircon color, and those are hardly worth imitating cheap as the real thing is.
20.gif

Topaz don''t really come in that colour. They are treated to become like that.

They are a cheap version of aquamarine, but they are nice!!!

Yes Ana I am looking for a 10x8 sapphire,spinel blue one, or any ceylon blueish colour. I don''t care if it''s fake because I could never afford a real stone that size,that''s why this stone seems to work for me. I am familiar with this dealer and their pictures are not true to life but the stones are real not lab created.

Thanks for your reply''s all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP