shape
carat
color
clarity

Edwardian Platinum Zircon Pendant

Pumpkin Sparkles

Shiny_Rock
I wasn’t going to buy anything and have been strict but this came up and since my birthday is coming up I was on the market for a beautiful fall stone. Originally wanting a brownish/gold citrine or Madeira this came up. The double refraction visible in the listing’s pictures told me it wasn’t in fact a citrine but a zircon at 18mm this beauty is a dream. Bucket list gemstone checked off. IMG_1935.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    654.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1943.jpeg
    IMG_1943.jpeg
    639.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Wow! I love this. Can you show us the basket? It’s antique right? Can you tell us how you found it in general (no need to give away sources), and did you expect it to be zircon?

I’ve been a bit obsessed with Edwardian zircon lately since I’ve found the French Dormeuse earrings sometimes used clear zircon. I wondered if it was natural in Edwardian times.

And of course there’s blue zircon from the Edwardian period now very pricy —I’m confused how to tell from blue Topaz.

Last edited:
Omg I love this so much! Happy early birthday! We need a million more pics!

@Mjay thank you, I appreciate that! I will sure try tomorrow as today is a bit crazy but I definitely got some of the basket!

Wow! I love this. Can you show us the basket? It’s antique right? Can you tell us how you found it in general (no need to give away sources), and did you expect it to be zircon?

I’ve been a bit obsessed with Edwardian zircon lately since I’ve found the French Dormeuse earrings sometimes used clear zircon. I wondered if it was natural in Edwardian times.

And of course there’s blue zircon from the Edwardian period now very pricy —I’m confused how to tell from blue Topaz.
Zircon is beautiful, I’ve only seen it in blue, brown and yellow.. green I believe is the rarest color in zircon. The pink ones are also beautiful.
Blue is the most valuable, and sometimes hard to tell because like you said it can be confused as blue topaz (sometimes a good thing) lol, the double refraction at times is noticeable from the crown at an angle. Not always visible but sometimes.

Last edited:
The basket profile is AMAZING!!

Happy birthday! It’s beautiful!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP