shape
carat
color
clarity

Embrace Band

Wait it fits my right hand! I can wear it as a right hand ring! #forcingit

What size is the one in your avatar? Didn’t you say that was a Tiffany store try on?

I think the avatar ring is the seven stone. I don’t remember the size. I don’t usually pay much attention to sizes in store since they’re usually a bit big. Also, does your Embrace have a SIZING BAR with Tiffany & Co engraved in it?

I think the avatar ring is the seven stone. I don’t remember the size. I don’t usually pay much attention to sizes in store since they’re usually a bit big. Also, does your Embrace have a SIZING BAR with Tiffany & Co engraved in it?

Mine is not an embrace! It just inspired the one I did get :)

Reactions: KLE
The thing is, it’s as loose as my original wedding band and rose gold pave band. The Embrace is just thicker and since it’s an eternity it looks even wider, so it’s fine under my engagement ring or right hand. I wouldn’t dream of wearing it alone on my ring finger tho!

It’s gorgeous!! I wanted to tell you I thought it ran bigger than my other bands, even though it measures the same?! Plus I think the weight of it makes it slide down on an angle. And I don’t understand the 4.25, it should only come in half sizes, so perhaps it’s 4.5?
And yes, that’s what the marking looks like on mine.

The thing is, it’s as loose as my original wedding band and rose gold pave band. The Embrace is just thicker and since it’s an eternity it looks even wider, so it’s fine under my engagement ring or right hand. I wouldn’t dream of wearing it alone on my ring finger tho!

You have 30 days to return right? Just try it out and if it works for you then great! Eternity bands take a few days to get used to anyway. It does look really great on you!

Post pic of the markings. Not really a sizing bar but an area of smooth platinum. Tiffany & co on top with pt950 below.

:cry:

does it look too large?

I see a bit too much space in some pics, but it’s even more so your own comment and indicating that the band slips off your finger. I have one band that’s too large and I never wear it on my ring finger, but obviously you can evaluate it in person.

Well, the band itself looks gorgeous and I like it with your current diamond too. However, if it is too big then that is a drag!! Does it feel comfortable between the fingers? Course that is rather hard to determine as well if it is too big.
My best advice - don’t settle if it is too big or doesn’t feel right. You won’t end up enjoying it and it is too much money to not love and wear it a lot!

I put a ring noodle and it is now snug as a bug. I went on the website and it says size 4, 4/2 and 5 all are 1.64ctw so the difference width wise can’t be too large. I called Tiffany and they said they would be able to put in sizing beads or a bar when they reopen. It’s too big as is but I‘m going to sit on the options before returning because it is so pretty!

@AuntKiki here’s the inside. Mine says Tiffany & Co PT950 all on one line (not on the bottom)

5FF61C0F-7B89-4186-82E8-7C50DF06844B.jpeg
Here she is fitting right with a ring noodle. :kiss2:1499553C-4445-49A1-86C0-9D04C1B32634.jpeg
AF613DE3-36DF-4F61-B07F-AEB4EB53B49A.jpegEC8D8906-301E-4585-81A9-54EDF2552BD3.jpeg

I can feel the stones against my neighboring fingers, similar to a knife edge. It’s a low profile but as you know, the stones still stick out with an eternity. You can’t beat the comfort of a smooth smooth band but so pretty!

Absolutely perfect wedding set!!! It looks gorgeous.
My ring is different on the inside. It doesn’t have the strip of metal running around the middle. But I have zero knowledge about hallmarks and stuff!
You’ll get used to feeling it between your fingers. It’ll reassure you it’s right where it belongs!
I put a ring noodle and it is now snug as a bug. I went on the website and it says size 4, 4/2 and 5 all are 1.64ctw so the difference width wise can’t be too large. I called Tiffany and they said they would be able to put in sizing beads or a bar when they reopen. It’s too big as is but I‘m going to sit on the options before returning because it is so pretty!

@AuntKiki here’s the inside. Mine says Tiffany & Co PT950 all on one line (not on the bottom)

5FF61C0F-7B89-4186-82E8-7C50DF06844B.jpeg
Here she is fitting right with a ring noodle. :kiss2:1499553C-4445-49A1-86C0-9D04C1B32634.jpeg
AF613DE3-36DF-4F61-B07F-AEB4EB53B49A.jpegEC8D8906-301E-4585-81A9-54EDF2552BD3.jpeg

I can feel the stones against my neighboring fingers, similar to a knife edge. It’s a low profile but as you know, the stones still stick out with an eternity. You can’t beat the comfort of a smooth smooth band but so pretty!

It really is beautiful!! What do you think about keeping your current ring with it? Do you think resetting it in platinum would work

Absolutely perfect wedding set!!! It looks gorgeous.
My ring is different on the inside. It doesn’t have the strip of metal running around the middle. But I have zero knowledge about hallmarks and stuff!
You’ll get used to feeling it between your fingers. It’ll reassure you it’s right where it belongs!

The engraving/bar looks like this.

I wonder if mine is authentic. :???: May I ask if you got yours at the store?

It really is beautiful!! What do you think about keeping your current ring with it? Do you think resetting it in platinum would work

I think both would look lovely! Deliberating with my mom and she brought up the point that fingers, at least hers, get bigger over time and it may be worth keeping if I can put a sizing bar.

Here it is with a white setting (cz center).

Attachments

• 500B2032-3AE9-471F-8A68-F543A08FD4E3.jpeg
    500B2032-3AE9-471F-8A68-F543A08FD4E3.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Yes mine is from the Tiffany store and it's new. They change their hallmarks over time. Would you like me to add a pic?

Yes mine is from the Tiffany store and it's new. They change their hallmarks over time. Would you like me to add a pic?

Yes, please! I wish I could go to the store to check things out but obviously not possible.

Tweetybird what are your thoughts about a spacer?

@TweetyBird23 I am just going to throw this out here - totally unsolicited and if I am stepping on your toes forgive me. Just thoughts of my own.
I did not realize that purchasing this band would mean that you couldn’t get the H VS1 stone. I guess I didn’t consider that. In my mind, the most important, most expensive of the pairing is the center stone. To go from a 2.9 to a 2.2 is doable but you are really going to notice the size difference. Going down to a 2.5 in a couple of color grades up will make you happy and is still a great size. I think you would be able to deal with the size loss if the diamond was a color that you could love. I realize this Embrace band is a killer deal and you hate to pass it up. All that said, I would rather focus the money on the diamond now. There will be other Embrace bands for sale down the road. You can start saving up again for one in your size. My experience - for what it is worth - is that if you have to struggle to make yourself alright with something, then it is just not meant to be and you may never be satisfied with it. Just like the prince in Cinderella, if it doesn’t fit, you have to keep looking for the right one!
I am not trying to sway you one way or another - you know yourself and your desires better than anyone. I will be happy for you regardless of which way you go. I struggled with whether to say any of this but I like hearing other viewpoints when I am trying to make a hard decision as someone else might have thought of a point of view that I was missing. Best of luck to you as you decide!!

The Embrace is beautiful and classic, but for what it’s worth I would return it and get one that fits. You can save the funds for your next stone or for another Embrace that actually fits.

IMO it’s still a lot of money for something that you have to “make fit.”

@MissGotRocks You are so wonderful to take the time to write such thoughtful advice! *Hugs* I told the vendor last night that I needed to return the item. I agree with you that I need to take care of business as far as my e-ring and will do that upgrade first.

Also, the band is beautiful but I noticed straight away that the Tiffany & Co. pouch it came in looked a little wonky. I looked at some authenticity articles online that suggested that this type and style of pouch was counterfeit. The vendor is kind enough to resize the band for free but I'm not comfortable with that given it's a TIffany and would rather have it done at the store. Normally, I could take the band to Tiffany for authenticity and a possible resize but since everything is closed, I'm not comfortable keeping the ring with all the variables.

The thing that bothers me from the start tends to bother me until I change it although I do get tempted by size and a good deal. I want to move towards mind clean pieces - product of maturity?

Don't get it twisted - I am returning the band but I am definitely scheming on getting it from the store in my size! :D

@MissGotRocks You are so wonderful to take the time to write such thoughtful advice! *Hugs* I told the vendor last night that I needed to return the item. I agree with you that I need to take care of business as far as my e-ring and will do that upgrade first.

Also, the band is beautiful but I noticed straight away that the Tiffany & Co. pouch it came in looked a little wonky. I looked at some authenticity articles online that suggested that this type and style of pouch was counterfeit. The vendor is kind enough to resize the band for free but I'm not comfortable with that given it's a TIffany and would rather have it done at the store. Normally, I could take the band to Tiffany for authenticity and a possible resize but since everything is closed, I'm not comfortable keeping the ring with all the variables.

The thing that bothers me from the start tends to bother me until I change it although I do get tempted by size and a good deal. I want to move towards mind clean pieces - product of maturity?

Don't get it twisted - I am returning the band but I am definitely scheming on getting it from the store in my size! :D

It is maturity and experience. Through all the diamond trials and tribulations we learn more and more about ourselves and get closer to the things we value most. I hear you on the deal - and they are fabulous when they come along - but most of the time we get what we pay for. There are always exceptions to that but you are level headed enough to wade through!

Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your saga as it goes on - you are definitely heading in the right direction! Hugs to you!

It is maturity and experience. Through all the diamond trials and tribulations we learn more and more about ourselves and get closer to the things we value most. I hear you on the deal - and they are fabulous when they come along - but most of the time we get what we pay for. There are always exceptions to that but you are level headed enough to wade through!

Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your saga as it goes on - you are definitely heading in the right direction! Hugs to you!

Thank you! It is a process and I do enjoy the journey!

Also, I louped the stones last night and noticed the arrows on each stone were different, some more symmetrical than others. I've taken Whiteflash's hearts and arrows for granted! Do you know if the varying patterns on the stones are a good indicator that the diamonds are real? It's actually a risky purchase without the ability to authenticate it during the return period.

Gorgeous!!!!

Thank you! It is a process and I do enjoy the journey!

Also, I louped the stones last night and noticed the arrows on each stone were different, some more symmetrical than others. I've taken Whiteflash's hearts and arrows for granted! Do you know if the varying patterns on the stones are a good indicator that the diamonds are real? It's actually a risky purchase without the ability to authenticate it during the return period.
Inasmuch as Tiffany doesn’t claim to sell hearts and arrows stones, it could be possible. I would think though that their setting of the stones would be better than that. I was also struck by the length of the plate inside the ring with the Hallmark. It seemed longer and a bit different than the one that was shown to you. Again, it is possible that it is authentic but you’ve already noticed a couple of things that didn’t seem quite right. I have heard varying stories about whether or not Tiffany stores will authenticate their pieces. On the other hand, if it looks good to you without magnification, it is 50% off of retail, and might be a great deal in a used ring. It’s just that if you are buying a Tiffany ring, you would like to KNOW that it is a Tiffany ring. Unfortunately at this time you can’t even take it in to ask about.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP