shape
carat
color
clarity

Embrace Band

Exactly. If they would be willing to resize it, it would indicate an authentic piece. I would rather pay closer to retail or just buy it from the store for peace of mind.

If it’s not feeling right, for whatever reason, it’s not right for you! You know, mind clean and all that. I’m sure your perfect band will come along at the right time! This was a fun thread!

I returned it. Vendor's offer to resize it 1/2 size down still stands. I miss it - wah!

IMG_5194.jpg

I returned it. Vendor's offer to resize it 1/2 size down still stands. I miss it - wah!

IMG_5194.jpg

How would they size it down?
Would you consider keeping the J stone if you kept the Embrace?

How would they size it down?
Would you consider keeping the J stone if you kept the Embrace?

They offered to put sizing beads or a bar inside. Tiffany would do the same thing.

It looked fantastic in person! I know I am going to want this size ACA stone eventually but whiter and the only alternative at the moment is the 3ct H SI1 Expert Selection stone. It has light leakage so I think I'm fine with my J for now or get the 2.5 H VS1. It can really hold its own against the band.

My qualms with that Embrace band was the wonky pouch and not being able to compare it to the real thing because the store is closed. I bought a diamond tester on Amazon but it hasn't arrived. The stones were sparkly in person tho and the size 4, 4.5 and 5 Embrace bands all have the same number of diamonds according to the Tiffany website.

I'm also not sure how to feel about getting an eternity ring that can't be sized up in the future. What If I'm just a bag of Cheetos away from the next 1/2 size up?

Last edited:
They offered to put sizing beads or a bar inside. Tiffany would do the same thing.

It looked fantastic in person! I know I am going to want this size ACA stone eventually but whiter and the only alternative at the moment is the 3ct H SI1 Expert Selection stone. It has light leakage so I think I'm fine with my J for now or get the 2.5 H VS1. It can really hold its own against the band.

My qualms with that Embrace band was the wonky pouch and not being able to compare it to the real thing because the store is closed. I bought a diamond tester on Amazon but it hasn't arrived. The stones were sparkly in person tho and the size 4, 4.5 and 5 Embrace bands all have the same number of diamonds according to the Tiffany website.

I'm also not sure how to feel about getting an eternity ring that can't be sized up in the future. What If I'm just a bag of Cheetos away from the next 1/2 size up?

I honestly think the 2.5 H VS1 is a great compromise for you. A whiter stone that loses size but certainly large enough to hold its own.
Whether or not your finger grows larger is anyone’s guess. Mine has not but others have experienced it. I would feel better having some of the inside shaved down to create a half size than I would want sizing beads or a bar to make it smaller. It would fit your finger better but the outside circumference would remain the same. That additional circumference would impact the comfort aspect of the ring. Your engagement ring would be smaller and would not match the diameter of the ring. It might look ok but not sure that it would feel ok.
As I said before, I would concentrate on the diamond for now by trying to make a decision on the things about it that are important. You have your rose gold wedding band to wear with it in the meantime. God willing this nightmare virus will subside and you can go to Tiffany to try all their bands on. You can check your size, look carefully at the stones and the hallmark. This will leave you better informed should another Embrace become available. I know you love the band and it is gorgeous but settling is a recipe for heartache. Rome wasn’t built in a day sweet girl so one step at a time - ensuring with each step that you’ve maximized the quality of the pieces that will hopefully be your forever!
Don’t fret about it being gone forever - just dream about it one day being your reality. You will get there!

You're right, you're right - I know you're right!

Thank you for talking me off the e-bay ledge - you are like a diamond fairygodmother, @MissGotRocks ! :lol:

Don't think it's a coincidence that you, DiamondSeeker2006 and mrs-b are all fans of the 2.5 H VS1 after many years of collecting!

Ha - I have talked myself off of several jewelry bridges over the years so I have experience!

I have learned the hard way it is never better to settle and that you will never regret buying quality. Haste makes waste certainly applies as well! I understand your frustration and I surely understand your impatience. It just takes time and it also takes money so you just really need to examine what you really want in both pieces. Take the money out of the equation at first and be honest about what you really want - within reason. Take each one separately and focus on making one of them work. The other will eventually follow if it is that important to you. It may take time but that will always make the end result that much more meaningful and special.
As for @diamondseeker2006 and @mrs-b, I am sure they have had their fair share of jewelry challenges as well. They both have beautiful pieces of jewelry having found what truly speaks to them!

Just want to add that I've just ordered the Brian Gavin Dream Eternity, and they make a great Embrace replica at a great price. They have 10% off this month and the ability to customize stone size in case it's something you'd like to consider!

Just want to add that I've just ordered the Brian Gavin Dream Eternity, and they make a great Embrace replica at a great price. They have 10% off this month and the ability to customize stone size in case it's something you'd like to consider!

Thank you for the recommendation, @lerna! I've had less than stellar customer service with BG in the past so I'm not inclined to purchase from them. I'm sure it's a gorgeous band, though!

I have the 7 stone Embrace. That way you could resize if you had to.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP