shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate emerald ring two for comparison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodlebug

Rough_Rock
Forgive for not knowing how to post both pics on one subject, Sorry! Doodle

doodlebug3.jpg

Hi, Doodle! I was waiting to see the second ring!

It''s really a tough call because it is so much a matter of taste...They''re both very pretty. Are they being sold by the same vendor? Where are they...Ebay? Have you seen them in person?

One thing that''s nice about estate emeralds is that they''ve probably proven to be pretty sturdy, having been previously worn, and still in good shape.

I''d probably prefer the smaller emerald cut one...even though it''s small...but then I''m sort of a nut for richer darker color in emeralds... But the pear is certainly pretty, and looks sparkly, too. There. Aren''t I a lot of help?
20.gif

Darker, relatively clean emeralds are obviously more valued...but that doesn''t mean YOU have to value them more! Go with the one you like.

It would be helpful if you could see them in person.

widget

PS: For future reference: to stay in the same thread, just "reply" to yourself!
1.gif

Yes widget, I have seen them both in person and are beautiful in different ways. Smaller stone is brighter than the picture shows and looks columbian to me. It may be due to its size but the pear shape appears to be livelier and is lighter in color. I don''t feel they are asking to much as they are each priced below 1500.00.

P>S. Thanks for the tip on the picture posts!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results