shape
carat
color
clarity

Final fitting... never had a "real" dress thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You look positively stunning in that gown! I think the color is perfect for your complexion too.

I wouldn''t worry too much about the slight slight bunching. I didn''t even notice it until I read your post entirely.

Love the shoes!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I don''t notice and bunching and I think your dress is B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L on you!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
hey, i wore the same shoes but in bright blue when i got married!
36.gif
don''t you just love ''em?! anywho, i think the dress is gorgeous and the bunching is minimal, but like others have said, if it bothers you, talk to your seamstress. good luck, and you look beautiful!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! That''s one of my favorite Pronovias style gowns that I''ve got my eye on...it looks so flattering on you!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I can honestly say I think the dress looks prettier on you than the model! It is stunning! You will be a beautiful beautiful bride.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress. Very minor bunching, could be the angle, I would not worry about it. You look fabulous.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
You look stunning! That dress and the detail is amazing! I think the bunching is just the nature of the fabric but maybe try a pair of spanx underneath to see if it helps. If not, I would not worry about it as it is is very subtle. Beautiful dress !

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
The first thought that came to mind is - It''s gorgeous on you!! Way prettier on your than on the model!

I didn''t notice the bunching and I am assuming that''s how the fabric is. Don''t worry about it!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thanks for all the amazing compliments, everyone... I think I''m blushing
5.gif
!

sammyj... Thanks, can you tell I was excited? Lol
Freke... That is a true compliment, coming from the resident shoe goddess!
Honey22... You sound like my FI. This is the thinnest I''ve been since high school! I''ve lost about 30 lbs in the past two years - and I attribute it, oddly, to working night shift! Really. I just don''t eat as much junk anymore. If I am hungry at 2am, there''s nothing open but a WAWA (like a convenient store), so I usually just bring a sandwich or buy a salad from there. Sometimes I don''t eat because I''m too busy, but that''s another story... Thank you though!
Blackpaw, thanks! My kitty has blackpaws too (he looks like your avatar!)
Dboat, meresel, Kim, Deeligh, Spark, bee*, Katy, missjaxon, doodle, porridge, mayachel, mscushion, & modernsparkler... Holy cow, girls! I''m on a compliment high! I love it
9.gif
Many, many thanks!
Onvacation... I think the side shot was taken before we adjusted the girls (which have shrunk since losing weight
38.gif
) The seamstress got in there and actually pulled them up! Sorry if TMI, but righty is noticibly smaller than lefty... not quite sure what to do about that, I''m thinking I''ll ask my girlfriends (batchelorette-party''s tomorrow) if anyone has those gel-thingies, maybe I could borrow them and see if they work out (how''s that for something borrowed... lol)
Lanie... thanks! I did bring it up to the seamstress, and she was totally cool about it, said it looked fine (as did MOH), but if I had any doubts just bring it back, and she''ll see what she can do. The bustle has 3 hooks. I love it too, and am sorry I didn''t get a pic!
Winks... Now that you mention it, the undies will prob show that bulge you are talking about. I''m going out shopping today for a top to wear tomorrow (and shoes!), I''ll pick something up.
C-tek... One of the things I love about this dress is the color. I am super-pale, don''t tan very well (and skin cancer runs in my fam, so I don''t tan at all). I thought I looked washed out in white dresses.

Kinda funny/kinda gross story... The seamstress takes care of her brother, who is handicapped. He is severly autistic, I think (I haven''t asked, but he is always in the shop). I helped the seamstress get him off the couch. Then MOH sat there. Turns out, he had peed there, and MOH sat in it! She didn''t say anything till we left, and had me smelling her butt to see if it was indeed pee, and it was!! She dropped me home and went to class, and we had a fun text conversation about it. Luckily, she had another pair of pants (sweats) in her car to change into!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:03:19 AM
Author: Clairitek
You look positively stunning in that gown! I think the color is perfect for your complexion too.

Exactly what I was going to say!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Lynnie, you look gorgeous! I, too, see very minor bunching but only because you mentioned it and I went looking for it. RE: Spanx. I didn''t like wearing it ''cause i found that even though I bought the right size it tended to roll down my stomach. If you''re looking into getting something like this, you might want to consider getting one that ''hooks'' to your bra so it doesn''t roll.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning dress! It looks a thousand times better on you than on the model.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 2:06:26 PM
Author: Addy
Stunning dress! It looks a thousand times better on you than on the model.
Ditto! Gorgeous dress!

missismene

Shiny_Rock
your dress is gorgeous! and you wear it beautifully.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress, and you look amazing in it. I honestly don''t see what I would call bunching. To me it looks great!

missbarraza

Rough_Rock
Lynnie,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, I wish you the best! The model for the Margarita does little justice for the dress'' true beauty and elegance. I have been looking like a maniac for someone to post real photos of the dress online other than the standard model pose. I recently purchased the dress for my own wedding but honestly forgot what it looked like a week later. I knew I loved the way it looked on me in the shop but couldn''t remember the shape or smaller details. I think I just got lost in the moment and wasn''t allowed to take photos during the fitting. I also knew that the dress does not fit me the way it does the model considering the height difference between us. But as soon as I saw your photos up I was so excited because my memory came back to me immediately.

You look gorgeous in it, and I didn''t notice the bunching that you were worried about, don''t worry about the spandex undies, they will not be needed that day. I was wondering though, is you dress the color Ivory or Pure White? I tried on the ivory sample but need the pure white color to go with my fiance''s uniform but I''m hoping it will look just as good as it does in Ivory.

Thank you for posting your photos, you have made me so excited in anticipation for the end of July when my dress is supposed to arrive for fittings.

-V

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree the dress is beautiful and you look fantastic in it.

As far as the bunching, it doesn''t really matter if anyone else can see it or how they feel about it... if it bugs you now, it''ll bug you later. I''d just go back and have the seamstress address the issue so you don''t have to fret about it. It''s like when we have the tiniest pimple on our nose, it feels like Mt. Rushmore to us - almost like here "comes my zit" and no one else even notices it. LOL I also don''t think spanx or any other trimming undergarment will fix what you see because it''s NOT your body that is causing the bunching.
3.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
missbarraza,
Welcome to pricescope! Thank you for the compliments, and I''m glad I could be of help to you!!
Haha, when I showed my dad the pic of the model, he was like, "it looks like a nightgown! Where''s the rest of it?" lol. I hear ya on the search for a real person in the dress (no offense, ms. model). And most of the websites seem to be in foreign languages, too. May I ask what you googled?

Mine is the ivory. I got it as a sample from a consignment shop (hence my needing 4'' heels dilemma, it couldn''t be hemmed b/c of the lace). I didn''t get to see it in white, but I''m sure it''s just as beautiful!
Be sure to stop back with pics! I''m happy to have a dress twin!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, as well!! If you have questions about anything (and I mean anything) wedding-related, or need ideas for something, this is the spot! There are many helpful folks here.

Thanks again!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:13:39 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I agree the dress is beautiful and you look fantastic in it.

As far as the bunching, it doesn''t really matter if anyone else can see it or how they feel about it... if it bugs you now, it''ll bug you later. I''d just go back and have the seamstress address the issue so you don''t have to fret about it. It''s like when we have the tiniest pimple on our nose, it feels like Mt. Rushmore to us - almost like here ''comes my zit'' and no one else even notices it. LOL I also don''t think spanx or any other trimming undergarment will fix what you see because it''s NOT your body that is causing the bunching.
3.gif
LOL Thanks for the laugh, girlie-girl!

I still haven''t bought the spanx... I can''t believe how busy I''ve been the past 2 weeks... B-party, B-shower, final meeting w/ vendors, getting together the RSVPs, etc, etc, etc. And working night shift on top of it all. I really should''ve taken some time off work BEFORE the wedding. Oh, well. Things''ll get done, eventually
3.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are just gorgeous! That dress is made for you, and those shoes are to die for!

As for the bunching, it''s been my experience that any time a dress is taken in, unless it is by a master seamstress, a little bit like that will occur. I don''t think there''s much you can do about it, and I don''t think anyone other than the brides notice it unless it is really bad, which yours is not!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Sabine, that was sweet
1.gif

I have since tried the dress on, sans spanx. Here''s the issue, I think: It seems that the underneath-layer is stretched out a bit, which caused the bunching when she took it in. Probably due to the fact that it was a sample, and many people have tried it on. So my plan is to buy the spanx to see if they help (I''m thinking they probably won''t). Maybe they will, who knows? If they don''t help, I''ll be returning them ASAP (I hate feeling sucked in, anyway). I don''t think it''s that huge of an issue. I don''t think that having it let out a half-inch or whatever will solve the issue of the fabric being stretched, or the bunching (as minor as it is).
Thank you all again for all the lovely compliments.
I can''t wait for the wedding!!!!!!! 2 weeks, OMG!!!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results