shape
carat
color
clarity

First Time Buyer - Old Euro Cut

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely, and thats exactly how im feeling - ive seen quite a fair few stones locally and i think ive been quite picky as well so imagine if i didnt like what came in the post omg, id be so upset

good to hear you think the stone has good proportions, i think my issue has been its my first old cut well actually my firs proper diamond purchase as its for my engagement ring and im lacking confidence in making the purchase so its been really reassuring hearing your opinions

are you also in australia @Dreamer_D?

I’m in Canada so not exactly the same as Aus in terms of importing from the US, but certainly some of the same issues. I have bought all my diamonds and gems from the US and every time has been stressful!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
hey maryjane04 - i just realised you were in melbourne as well!?!
do you have any favourite places to see old cuts in melbourne?

can i get it GIA certified here in Melbourne? also if i dont get it certified now - can I not get it certified later if I do decide to sell it? i guess now would be good as its still loose though

I think Rutherford, the French jewel box, I know Simon West fine jewellery has some (my friend bought her old European cut engagement ring from them). Most of my old cut purchases have been from the US though. My latest upgrade I asked Kush diamonds to source stones for me but it ended up being more than me getting it directly from the US. So I asked @88_star to source one for me.

There's no GIA in Aus. Only US and if you're going to Asia, I know there's GIA in Bangkok and HK. The issue with getting it done later is that you truly won't be able to know what it is you're buying right now.

Also, I'm like you in that I have to be confident with my purchase. I usually run it through a few PS'ers discerning eyes first before committing to anything.

Rough_Rock
You can get a lab report any time. My 1.89ct does not have a lab report. I would get one if I ever sold it (I never will).

I’m in Canada so not exactly the same as Aus in terms of importing from the US, but certainly some of the same issues. I have bought all my diamonds and gems from the US and every time has been stressful!

Oh I’m actually Canadian too!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Did you end up picking a diamond @158305

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results