shape
carat
color
clarity

Five stone ring project update!

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
I posted a short while ago about a new anniversary ring for my 15th which is coming up in April. I decided that I would really like a five stone ring to wear as an alternative to my cushion cut wedding set. My husband and I talked about it again, and he said that 5K is the budget, which clearly, isn’t massive but hopefully can go reasonably far with this style. My finger size is a 5 1/4 or 5 1/2. What size stones do you think I should be aiming for to have a really sparkly look without becoming uncomfortable to wear? I’m posting my wedding set/left hand here for reference. Thanks for the feedback. IMG_1438.jpeg

Do you think that ctw would feel more substantial than my cushion cut set?

Are you trying to wear it with your set or as another option instead of your wedding set?

Do you think that ctw would feel more substantial than my cushion cut set?

Have you looked through the five stone ring thread for similar cttw rings? Have you tried any on?

Have you looked through the five stone ring thread for similar cttw rings? Have you tried any on?

Yes and yes. Based on trying them on, I’m thinking of 1.6/1.7 ctw but was curious to hear some thoughts from 5 stone owners…

I like a bit of tapering so that it looks like the 5 stone wraps around the finger. I would go for a 0.4 ct center with a pair of 0.35+ and a pair of 0.3+

My five stone will be 2.74cttw, each stone being 5mm in diameter. So a lot just depends on preference and ring size! I had a 1.5cttw five-stone many years ago and felt I wanted bigger.

It depends if you are going for a "band" look or a "ring" look, if that makes sense.

Do you know what type of setting you want?

My five stone will be 2.74cttw, each stone being 5mm in diameter. So a lot just depends on preference and ring size! I had a 1.5cttw five-stone many years ago and felt I wanted bigger.

It depends if you are going for a "band" look or a "ring" look, if that makes sense.

Do you know what type of setting you want?

Wow! That’s going to be amazing. I am thinking either cathedral or an even more open setting.

Here's a couple of threads to peruse on your 5 stone journey:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-bands-big-and-small-let’s-see-them-all.274750/#post-5309862

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-5-stone-ring-thread.134007/

I love my ACA five stone, and highly recommend them. My finger size is also 5 1/4 - 5 1/2 and my 5 stone graduates from .46 in the center, then .43/.44, and then two .41 on the ends, and it is very comfortable.

What color is your cushion set?

The cushion is a G and all the melee in the F/G range.

There are enough .34ish H ACAs (plus, one G stone) to make a 5 stone. That would be lovely. It would give you about 1.7ish ctw.
Price should leave you enough for the setting and come in at $5k.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP