shape
carat
color
clarity

For everyone who''s been waiting so patiently.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now you did it BEG, I want one of those CC spinels
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!! Perfect setting too. I can''t wait for more pics!!!
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:55:49 AM
Author: Linda W
Now you did it BEG, I want one of those CC spinels
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

9.gif

You should get one Linda! I love how it''s so changeable in personality - I like my happy, vivid colored stones, but on the other hand, this one is so mysterious, and just kind of surprises me all the time! Plus Barry''s cuts are amazing!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:52:08 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Thanks Omie! Have you made a decision on how you're setting your BB garnet?
You are quite welcome, as your ring is lovely! :)

I have been moving slow with the garnet, though I think yellow gold will have to be involved in some way. Just bought a new digicam last weekend and will start a new thread asking for ideas, which will include pictures from the new camera. The camera has a much better macro feature than my older one, so I think I will get better results.

This garnet is costing me more $$ than expected...first it was the garnet, then a new digicam (for which I had to buy a memory chip and converter drive for), and eventually I am going to have to set it...heh. Thank goodness for tax returns. I think this will be the first year that I do not save 100% of my tax return, but I paid off my student loan in November 08, so I think I can reward myself with a few toys.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
That is the EXACT ring I set Alexis in!! I also got one for my GIANT zircon lol! Your ring is SO gorgeous!!!

ooooooohtheyisperty.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I love a trillis setting. I can''t wait to see more pics.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:26:26 AM
Author: omieluv
Date: 2/4/2009 12:52:08 AM

Thanks Omie! Have you made a decision on how you''re setting your BB garnet?

You are quite welcome, as your ring is lovely! :)

I have been moving slow with the garnet, though I think yellow gold will have to be involved in some way. Just bought a new digicam last weekend and will start a new thread asking for ideas, which will include pictures from the new camera. The camera has a much better macro feature than my older one, so I think I will get better results.

This garnet is costing me more $$ than expected...first it was the garnet, then a new digicam (for which I had to buy a memory chip and converter drive for), and eventually I am going to have to set it...heh. Thank goodness for tax returns. I think this will be the first year that I do not save 100% of my tax return, but I paid off my student loan in November 08, so I think I can reward myself with a few toys.

Haha no kidding about mounting costs - that''s great that you got a new camera though (and great for us that the macro works better!). The garnet would luck beautiful in yellow gold - lots of fire and warmth - what better type of stone/ring to get during winter???
1.gif
Ooh and I''m so jealous your student loans are paid off - good for you! Long time in coming for me
14.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:29:03 AM
Author: shaunrice
That is the EXACT ring I set Alexis in!! I also got one for my GIANT zircon lol! Your ring is SO gorgeous!!!

Thanks Shaunrice! Alexis looks amazing in that setting too!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 4:52:56 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Very nice, I love a trillis setting. I can''t wait to see more pics.

Thanks Ltl! Hopefully my internet at home won''t be too crappy so I can upload them
1.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It looks great on your hand and that setting is just perfect for the stone.
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful BEG! I love the setting and can''t wait to see more pics.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The setting looks so substantial looking! Modern, yet classic!!!
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
BEG - it''s just gorgeous you lucky girl! This new jeweler did a great job, and the prongs look fantastic. I tried to get my jeweler to do claw prongs on a piece, but he acted like they wouldn''t be as strong.
7.gif

And Merry Richards Jewelers!!?? That''s where my husband bought my first engagement diamond, some 17 years ago!!! I think I still have a store appraisal from them, which, LOL is worthless.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:51:36 AM

Have you tried showing them pictures? Steve Quick Jewelers didn''t get it at first either, until I showed them
3.gif
Good idea. Maybe I''ll do that. I have a trellis setting with a CZ in it, now I have to find a stone for it. I love yours!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Very nice BEG! I agree with the others, what nice prong work. And the setting in general looks really nice.
Are you happy with it for what you paid, if I may ask? (the setting I mean).

Very pretty ring!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks gorgeous!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooooooooo! I love it BEG! So pretty!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:57:43 AM
Haha no kidding about mounting costs - that''s great that you got a new camera though (and great for us that the macro works better!). The garnet would luck beautiful in yellow gold - lots of fire and warmth - what better type of stone/ring to get during winter???
1.gif
Ooh and I''m so jealous your student loans are paid off - good for you! Long time in coming for me
14.gif
I really do love your mounting though, it suits your blueberry so well.

Your loans will be paid off, eventually. I do not remember how old you are, but if you are in your mid 20''s, do not feel bad, I turned 31 last June and mine were paid off in Nov 08 (undergrad + grad). I have friends my age and they are not even half way to finishing off their loans.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
BEG, sorry for this threadjack, but OMG!

Date: 2/4/2009 2:29:03 AM
Author: shaunrice
I love Alexis, how did I miss your threads Shaunrice!?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - that looks fantastic, and totally works on your hand!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:01:10 AM
Author: Kaleigh
It''s lovely!! Perfect setting too. I can''t wait for more pics!!!
30.gif

Thanks Kaleigh! I have a few more pics - hopefully I can download them tonight!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:30:50 AM
Author: AdiS
I love it! It looks great on your hand and that setting is just perfect for the stone.
36.gif

Thank you AdiS! I love this setting - it''s very comfy too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:33:29 AM
Author: Catmom
It''s beautiful BEG! I love the setting and can''t wait to see more pics.

Thank you! Hopefully more pics coming soon!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:33:30 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
I love it! The setting looks so substantial looking! Modern, yet classic!!!
30.gif

Thanks Cushioncutnut! I agree - I think I may be purchasing another setting soon - just gotta find a stone for it
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:36:15 AM
Author: cellentani
BEG - it''s just gorgeous you lucky girl! This new jeweler did a great job, and the prongs look fantastic. I tried to get my jeweler to do claw prongs on a piece, but he acted like they wouldn''t be as strong.
7.gif

And Merry Richards Jewelers!!?? That''s where my husband bought my first engagement diamond, some 17 years ago!!! I think I still have a store appraisal from them, which, LOL is worthless.

Thanks Cellentani! Are you in the Chicago area still? Ooh you should totally tell your jeweler what''s up - I mean unless the girdle was prone to chipping or something, I don''t (in my unprofessional opinion) see the problem with claws (and they''re not even Leon-thin - they''re still fairly substantial - now if my jeweler could duplicate Leon claws I''d never go anywhere else!).

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:38:26 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 2/4/2009 12:51:36 AM

Have you tried showing them pictures? Steve Quick Jewelers didn''t get it at first either, until I showed them
3.gif

Good idea. Maybe I''ll do that. I have a trellis setting with a CZ in it, now I have to find a stone for it. I love yours!!

Definitely - it''s hard for them to say no when you''re showing them a pic and saying "well THEY can do it..." (hint cough taking business elsewhere cough).
27.gif
And thank you! What color stone are you thinking for your trellis? And what type? A tourmaline....?
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:49:02 AM
Author: arjunajane
Very nice BEG! I agree with the others, what nice prong work. And the setting in general looks really nice.

Are you happy with it for what you paid, if I may ask? (the setting I mean).

Very pretty ring!

Thanks AJ! I actually am really happy about the price v. quality. I got quotes from GOG for some settings (I think it was Unique Jewels) and from Winfield''s, but I ended up liking the simplicity of this setting, plus it was about $50-$60 cheaper. It''s a nice change from all the upgrade and sizing and custom fees at LOGR
3.gif
If they would cast in rose gold, I would totally buy the same setting in that - but I have my eye on their 6-prong Tiff look-alike for one of my mystery stones
20.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Geckodani!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:32:11 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wooooooooo! I love it BEG! So pretty!

Thanks Lauren! So what new projects do you have coming up? I''m always excited to see your latest pretty!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:23:07 PM
Author: omieluv
Date: 2/4/2009 5:57:43 AM

1.gif
14.gif

I really do love your mounting though, it suits your blueberry so well.

Your loans will be paid off, eventually. I do not remember how old you are, but if you are in your mid 20''s, do not feel bad, I turned 31 last June and mine were paid off in Nov 08 (undergrad + grad). I have friends my age and they are not even half way to finishing off their loans.

Thanks Omie!
1.gif
Yeah, I have a lot of time still - I''m only 23 now, although my loans (from law school, not ugrad) are going to be in 6-figures
23.gif
And of course, BF and I have our wedding fund to contribute to!
2.gif
But that''s fantastic that you''re all done with your loans! It must feel so, so good!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results