shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun little gems purchase!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
At these prices (shown below), and all precision cuts, I thought "why not?" re this Etsy purchase.

Also, if anyone has any lavender quartz or heliodor, please feel free to post pics if you're up for it, and/or share your knowledge. I don't think I've ever seen either of them in person.

Also, is lavender quartz the same as rose de france AKA light colored amethyst? It looks a little hazy so maybe more like rose quartz?

I'll post more pics when they arrive. :)

7.55 Ct  Precision Fancy cut Natural * Lavender Quartz *

7.55 Ct Precision Fancy cut Natural * Lavender Quartz *

• Price$60.00

3.80 Carats Precision Cut *YELLOW BERYL*

3.80 Carats Precision Cut *YELLOW BERYL*

• Price$39.00

3 Carats Precision Cut *YELLOW BERYL*

3 Carats Precision Cut *YELLOW BERYL*

• Price$30.00

Pair* 2.80 Carats Precision Cut Wonderful *YELLOW BERYL*

Pair* 2.80 Carats Precision Cut Wonderful *YELLOW BERYL*

• Price$30.00

Last edited:
Well-cut stones at great prices.

Do you have specific plans for them? Or did you buy them because they were interesting and good deals at the price? I ask (apologies if I'm out of line), because in a recent post you said:
Now I realize my mistake, and I think it was just going too cheap tbh. So now I have a handful of so-so gems instead of one super nice one that's set. I don't have anything specific in mind right now, though. That said, I do have some less expensive gems (relatively speaking) and lab gems that are set and that I do like a lot. I think I've gotten snobbier over time.
This is my worst jewellery sin too - buying stones that are 'good enough' and that I can afford now rather than waiting for what I really want. I'm not ashamed of the stones I have, but I could have spent the same money on fewer, better stones. It's a bit depressing.

This is my heliodor:
YellowBerylA.jpg

Its colour is good, but it has a slightly 'watery' look. There seems to be some subtle zoning that's softening the flashes. Yellow sapphire, chrysoberyl or diamond would be 'flashier' (but much more expensive). Despite that, it's not one I regret.

Well-cut stones at great prices.

Do you have specific plans for them? Or did you buy them because they were interesting and good deals at the price? I ask (apologies if I'm out of line), because in a recent post you said:

This is my worst jewellery sin too - buying stones that are 'good enough' and that I can afford now rather than waiting for what I really want. I'm not ashamed of the stones I have, but I could have spent the same money on fewer, better stones. It's a bit depressing.

This is my heliodor:
YellowBerylA.jpg

Its colour is good, but it has a slightly 'watery' look. There seems to be some subtle zoning that's softening the flashes. Yellow sapphire, chrysoberyl or diamond would be 'flashier' (but much more expensive). Despite that, it's not one I regret.

Thanks for sharing your heliodor!

Re the gems, these cost a lot less than the ones I was unhappy about. I don't much care if a $50 stone (plus or minus) isn't "setting worthy." A $500 stone though, that's different, to me. Then I got in deeper, paying for re-cuts, which made some difference but I still don't love them. So I should have said I need to go either higher - or lower-- on the cost lol.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP