shape
carat
color
clarity

Going emerald shopping, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Going emerald shopping for an emerald for a pendant. Although I am becoming familiar with what is considered the "standard" for excellence in an emerald, what should I look for to make a beautiful solitare pendant?

When I have seen classical "high quality" Columbian stones they seen dark and somewhat without sparkle- as I am wondering if something a little lighter would be better..........

What does the class think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4937584245&fromMakeTrack=true

Thanks

Mayacamas

Beryl doesn''t really get "sparkly" - included beryl even less so...be it light or dark.

Deep cut rounds are somewhat brilliant, although it is not common to ask this from an emerald.

Green and brilliant sounds like demantoid garnet to me rather than emerald :)

How about this one?

http://www.twin-diamonds.com/gemstone/1385.htm

thanks

Mayacamas

The second stone you posted seem to be the brother of these guys below...

Greens_I.JPG

just trying to show that inclusions kill''it before color does :)

Greens_II.jpg

Problem is I love the deep green/blue of emerald.

Yellow green is NOT my favorite color............

Date: 11/1/2004 11:19:27 AM
Author: Mayacamas
Problem is I love the deep green/blue of emerald.

Yellow green is NOT my favorite color............

The second piece you posted and the two rounds don''t seem yellowish to me. Am I wrong ? Strongly bluish green emerald is not trully the most expensive - if you can find one.

Demantoid does get less yellowish than that too, and I am not sure if the picture is true to the color either. Worth trying if brilliance is key, IMO.

The emeralds were pretty- the`garnet just wasnt my taste.

I, however, appreciate your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP