shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW GoodOldGold 3.04 SI2 I is here and she’s lovely! Pics!

Oh hey it looks like you're a #jotw! Awesome! Totally understand why! :love: Congratulations! :lickout: :lol:
I’m guessing that’s a good thing! I’m not sure what that means! Lol

I’m guessing that’s a good thing! I’m not sure what that means! Lol

You're jewel of the week. It's an honour! In my dreams could I achieve such a thing. :love:

You're jewel of the week. It's an honour! In my dreams could I achieve such a thing. :love:
Oh wow! Thank you for letting me know! I feel so honored :appl::angel:

Absolutely beautiful! It is so nice and white...hard to believe its an I color. GORGEOUS ring!

Thank you so much. You have been so kind and genuine. I really appreciate it. And you’ve made me even more excited for the ring as well! when I get it appraised I will definitely share the details. I guess I don’t have an ASET photo. But I’ll look through my documents. If I come across it, I’ll definitely share.

I agree! Budget was very important, eye clean, as white as possible, and light performance were my 3 big concerns. Light performance was at the top of the list. There’s actually more to my story. I had a 2.16 Princess Ideal Cut Diamond that was an I Color and SI1 quality. I lost it and this was my replacement. Good thing for insurance! I used and still have Jewler’s Mutal, they were amazing to work with and allowed me to go back to GoodOldGold for the replacement. I did see slight warmth in my Princess I color. This one, I really don’t see it! I even look for it in different lighting. Maybe bc the princess was a fancy cut and this one is not. Who knows, but I’m just so glad I’m able to enjoy this one, especially when I was so distraught when I lost my original engagement ring. Thanks again for all the nice comments :)

And that is why I have my rings insured. There is nothing like knowing you can replace it if necessary.

And that is why I have my rings insured. There is nothing like knowing you can replace it if necessary.
Definitely! It was a big relief to know that I was able to replace my ring. I still miss my old one but I cannot complain!

Absolutely beautiful! It is so nice and white...hard to believe its an I color. GORGEOUS ring!
Thank you! I am really looking forward to getting an independent appraisal to see if they say it’s an I Color. It definitely doesn’t appear to be an I in any lighting I view it in! It’s pretty mind boggling!

**edited by moderator**
684F4892-2D2C-4A9B-91BC-FA8BD532C846.png
Here is a picture of the first page of the GIA report. At the top is the number of the diamond so that you can look up the entire report on the GIA website. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
7801C402-F50B-45EA-BD28-0706096B7BE2.jpeg 85D969CB-AD40-49BB-9058-E2F73CB37E2E.jpeg Took this picture behind a white background and I can’t believe how white she is even from the side! Figured I’d share bc everyone seems like to seeing pictures of different color graded diamonds

7801C402-F50B-45EA-BD28-0706096B7BE2.jpeg 85D969CB-AD40-49BB-9058-E2F73CB37E2E.jpeg Took this picture behind a white background and I can’t believe how white she is even from the side! Figured I’d share bc everyone seems like to seeing pictures of different color graded diamonds

Still ridiculously amazing.

Have you had it appraised yet? :D

:love::love::love:

How do you get anything done having that amazing thing on your finger?!

Still ridiculously amazing.

Have you had it appraised yet? :D

:love::love::love:

How do you get anything done having that amazing thing on your finger?!
Not yet, I’ve been sooo busy. Hoping to get it appraised sometime in August. Can’t wait

WOWZZZZZZAAAA!!!!! I’ve been lurking since like 2007 on here and have changed my setting 4 times and my ten year anniversary is coming up next October, LITERALLY your set is exactly what I’ve always longed and lusted for! I’m literally saving one of your pics to show my hubby.

So happy for you it’s GORGEOUS!!!!! If I were you I wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes anywhere but that peice of heaven in your finger! Please post more pics as I’m sure you have plenty :D:P2:))

Gorgeous classy and just PERFECT!!!!

@Vinche congrats for your ring! What a beautiful ring and I am still amazed that it's an I. I am super color sensitive and yours definitely doesnt look like an I. I think i would agree with the machine at GOG as it looks like an F to me.

What an amazing find!

Thank you for your kind words. It really does amaze me that it was graded as an I ... my original engagement ring was an I and I could definitely see the warmth in that one but not this diamond. I will update everyone once I get it independently appraised ...I'm so curious to see what they color grade it as without a first glimpse at the GIA report . ;)2

CONGRATS on your lovely new stone. So sorry about the loss of your first stone.

WOWZZZZZZAAAA!!!!! I’ve been lurking since like 2007 on here and have changed my setting 4 times and my ten year anniversary is coming up next October, LITERALLY your set is exactly what I’ve always longed and lusted for! I’m literally saving one of your pics to show my hubby.

So happy for you it’s GORGEOUS!!!!! If I were you I wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes anywhere but that peice of heaven in your finger! Please post more pics as I’m sure you have plenty :D:P2:))

Gorgeous classy and just PERFECT!!!!

Gorgeous classy and just PERFECT!!!![/QUOTE
Thank you so much! I will post more pictures ...I must say, I do enjoy looking at her throughout the day I was so nervous that they wouldn't be able to make my vision of this simple setting come to life but they truly did at GOG. :angel:

CONGRATS on your lovely new stone. So sorry about the loss of your first stone.
Thank you so much, especially for your kind words. I will always miss my first ring.

I’ve been searching on Good Old Gold since seeing your post earlier. Some of their prices seem way less than blue nile. What size is your finger if you don’t mind me asking? your ring is made of dreams! I’d love to see even more pics! I’ve never purchased a diamond online and am used to having to go get is checked every 6 months so when you purchase online do you just take in in to a jeweler to inspect the prongs every so often? Makes me cringe imaging us saving for my ten year upgrade next year then somehow it coming lose and my diamond disappearing !

I’ve been searching on Good Old Gold since seeing your post earlier. Some of their prices seem way less than blue nile. What size is your finger if you don’t mind me asking? your ring is made of dreams! I’d love to see even more pics! I’ve never purchased a diamond online and am used to having to go get is checked every 6 months so when you purchase online do you just take in in to a jeweler to inspect the prongs every so often? Makes me cringe imaging us saving for my ten year upgrade next year then somehow it coming lose and my diamond disappearing !
Their prices at GOG are amazing...especially with how knowledgable they are. Jonathan hand selected my diamond at a diamond show and brought it in for me since it fit my criteria and budget. I worked with his son David to customize the setting. I'm lucky enough to live in NJ so I'm not too far from GOG. My ring size is a 4.75

Stunningly elegant, it’s beautiful, wear it in good health and happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results