shape
carat
color
clarity

GRS report for Emeralds

Maria L

Rough_Rock
Hello all hope you can help.

I am interested in a Columbian Muzo Green Emerald ring which had been tested by GRS in 2023. However I dont understand the small prints underneath the treatment result. I looked in the GRS website and to my understanding that potential post-testing treatment would be mentioned in the report anyway since 2022.
What i dont understand is 'minor non-enhanced clarity features are eye visible' does that mean the stone might not be necessarily 'insignificant ' if those non-enhaced festures got treated? Would this comment affect the price in long term please? I like to get this as an investment but now not too sure. Many thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20240821_202031_Facebook.jpg

I think it means that they can see the fissures at this insignificant level and if you were to go and treat it with some good old oil, you can improve the look of those fissures.

I have an emerald with a highly visible fissure from one angle. The stone is graded as insignificant as well. It would probably look fabulous if it took a nice long bath in oil but I don’t mind the inclusion. I just flip the ring if I don’t want to see it.

I think it means that they can see the fissures at this insignificant level and if you were to go and treat it with some good old oil, you can improve the look of those fissures.

I have an emerald with a highly visible fissure from one angle. The stone is graded as insignificant as well. It would probably look fabulous if it took a nice long bath in oil but I don’t mind the inclusion. I just flip the ring if I don’t want to see it.

Thanks ♥️. That makes sense to me and I think that could be the reason this insignificant oiled stone is cheaper because of the fissures.

Thanks ♥️. That makes sense to me and I think that could be the reason this insignificant oiled stone is cheaper because of the fissures.

Please post pictures if you do decide to buy it!!! Always love ogling at emeralds!

Love it!!!! So pretty! I’m very partial to this style though!

Love it!!!! So pretty! I’m very partial to this style though!

My first thought when I saw it was that it was very you!

It's lovely! And I'm sure the color is even prettier in person.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP