shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston Replica Cushion E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Cowgirly,

The ring is stunning! I am currently looking at pave rings!

Do you feel they are hard to take care of? Any tips?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If losing a ring means I replacement like that, I think I''ve lost mine! I''ll have to go tell DH.

Your new ring is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Thank you for the lovely comments about my ring. I really appreciate it. For those who asked about the cutter, let me email him and ask him if he is making any more cushions before I give you his info. He cuts the BEST (IMO) round diamonds out there. The sparkliest diamond I have ever seen. Anyhow, he only made rounds before and not cushion. The cushion I bought from him is a prototype. My last cushion was sparkly but this one is definitely the best cushion I have seen so far. Anyhow, he was cutting cushions because alot of his old customers asked for it. He doesn''t really deal with the general public, more by friend referrals. I will get back to those who are interested.

As for pave settings, I love them. What can I say? I chose this setting because it has mini prongs to hold the diamonds. I think it is suppose to be more secure. Like I mentioned earlier, I lost one of the diamonds on the basket. It was a Leon Mege setting so I didn''t think it would come out that fast. IMO, halo is a definitely must. My 2 carat ring LOOKS HUGE. Everyone always me how big my ring is cause it looks ginormous. I love how the main diamond sparkles and with little twinkle all around it. Some people think it takes away from the center diamond but I think it just adds on to the beauty. I have never been a fan of solitaires so I went with what I wanted. The more bling the better!

W2W

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 4:35:10 PM
Author: Cowgirly
Hello,

Thank you for the lovely comments about my ring. I really appreciate it. For those who asked about the cutter, let me email him and ask him if he is making any more cushions before I give you his info. He cuts the BEST (IMO) round diamonds out there. The sparkliest diamond I have ever seen. Anyhow, he only made rounds before and not cushion. The cushion I bought from him is a prototype. My last cushion was sparkly but this one is definitely the best cushion I have seen so far. Anyhow, he was cutting cushions because alot of his old customers asked for it. He doesn''t really deal with the general public, more by friend referrals. I will get back to those who are interested.
thansk cowgirly.
21.gif

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Here''s the info for my diamond cutter.
David So
http://www.davidsdiamonds.com/
212-391-4263

David is the creator of the Solasfera diamond. My friend bought one from him last year and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. When I found out he was cutting cushions, I was ecstatic! He just started cutting cushion diamonds under the Solasfera label. I know mine was a prototype but once I saw it, I knew it was it. He informed me he will be cutting more cushions so ladies, please give him a call if you are interested.

I do want to let you know that David was great to work with BUT he is extremely busy. If you do not receive a response right away, just keep calling him back. It took me awhile to get the diamond because he just started cutting and all I could do was wait. Let him know Michelle from Pricescope referred you!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!! it is good to know that Chubb lives up to their reputation. Enjoy this new beauty!

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Mandy,

Regarding your question about pave rings. I do believe it''s best to clean just with a toothbrush and soap. DO NOT put it in an ultrasonic cleaner. Pave rings are more of a risk since there are so many little diamonds but at the end of the day, I want something I am in love with. I do not want to get a solitaire just because it''s practical. Get something you would ooh and ahh over when you look at it every day. Make sure your ring is insured and enjoy your ring. If you really like pave, perhaps get it in areas where it counts. As oppose to getting 3-sided pave, get one side, etc. Hope that helps.

Michelle

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the cutters name. I plan to contact him. Your cushion is gorgeous!

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Little Debbie, what company is your ring picture from??

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is exquisite! Great finger coverage!! I love it. Love cushions.

I actually would be intrerested in hearing more about your insurance - I''m moving out of my apartment soon and I''m trying to figure out where to go to insure my ring...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy and icy!

As a fellow pave owner who just lost a melee stone in here US yesterday (30 minutes before she left for a PS GTG!), lost stones are a fact of life. Pave rings are more high maintenance than other, more "simple" settings because of how they''re made, but I didn''t want pave because I thought it was "simple". The nice thing about losing a stone in the US, is that the stone will still be in there when you take the solution out. It''s not hard for the jeweler to pop them back into the melee and the charge (if there is one at all) should be minimal if you have the stone. However, if the pave is well made, you shouldn''t lose stones on a regular basis (i.e., falling out daily for no reason what-so-ever).

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Chubb Agent Info:
William Castro
Total Dollar Insurance
Direct: (516) 833-1550
Main: (516) 833-1555
Fax: (516) 833-1556
[email protected]
http://www.totaldollar.com
57 Manhasset Ave
Manhasset, NY 11030

He covers many states so give him a call if you need standalone insurance. He is super friendly and always respond right away. As I mentioned earlier, I got a check really quick when I lost my first e-ring. I just contacted William again for insurance on my 2nd ring and he did it right away. Highly recommended! Listen to someone that has actually been though the process.

Michelle

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and the halo does make it look ginormous
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Michelle
36.gif
, I already e-mailed
34.gif
your Chub Rep, hopefully he will be able to insure me in Greece and NY
31.gif
. I also contacted David via e-mail but I will follow-up with calls as well about the Cushion Diamond
17.gif
. BTW your rings are gorgegous and I love love
30.gif
30.gif
the second one. Who made the Setting? Was it David as well?

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Yes Yes. I got the cushion diamond and setting from David So. The setting is a replica of the Harry Winston pave setting. Here is the link http://www.harrywinston.com/go.php/c_Engagement,Micropave. I know the jagged edges looks really scary in close up pictures but in person, they are so dainty, you don''t even see it. The setting was very well made.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
That is just so beautiful. Must have been stressful to lose your first one though!!

Baby T

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for sharing so many photos. I am in love with the original HW micropave halo ring. But HW prices are so expensive! Can I ask what you paid (ballpark) for your beautiful 2-carat replica? And, is the jeweler doing more orders for the same ring?

Cowgirly

Rough_Rock
Yes, David So can definitely do a replicate order. I promised him I wouldn't reveal the price but my ring this time around was cheaper than my last one. Setting was half of the Leon Mege. For a 2 carat, I thought my diamond was a very good price.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi cowgirly,
I''m joining in a little late, but I just had to tell you how gorgeous your new ring is. I can''t believe I''m saying this, but I actually like the halo style better that your Leon. Really beautiful!

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
OMG. I love, love your ring!! It is very beautiful! I was actually in Harry Winston store here in NYC the other day just to try the cushion pave ring. I love that setting!!! The prices at Harry Winston are very expensive.. i looked at one around 2 carat and it was around $ 80 K.. so totally not worth it I think.
After I get my studs, I am planning on getting one of HW replica as well. Thanks for the info about David.
Enjoy your beautiful ring and sorry about the loss of your first one.

cdesrae

Rough_Rock
FOR COWGIRLY

first of all, i want to congratulate you on your engagement.
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
secondly, sorry for your loss on the first one but then again good thing you had insurance... and i guess things really happen for a reason?
31.gif
however the case, i must say that your ring is amazingly beA-UTIFUL!! i love loVE LOVE your ring. GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
i love how everything was done. very classy.
36.gif
keep the pictures coming… I don’t mind at all (^_^)

actually, i came about your post because i was also looking around for more information about halo e-rings and a wedding band to match. i was drawn to your pictures coz i had the same exact idea of the type of ring i wanted, where the halo is somewhat like a roundish square. our original plan and my desire was to have the same cut of centerstone that you have but my fiance''s mom offered and wants us to use the diamonds that she has on her bangle bracelet, which doesn’t fit her anymore, which she will be giving to us as a gift for both my e-ring and our wedding bands. I was kinda disappointed at first but later accepted and welcomed the blessing.Fortunately, it has variation of different sizes of round cuts which makes this idea very possible. so i had to tweak my vision a lil bit...
33.gif
Luckily, i found a design that would still look good with round diamonds... which looks like this....

Most importantly, I am really concerned about what wedding band would best fit flushed against this type of ring.
33.gif
33.gif
From what I understand, this is a common concern for most women but I haven’t really quite found a picture or an idea of a band that would go perfectly with this design without sacrificing the look on the Wband. I want both pieces to look good whether worn together or alone.
34.gif

Please help me and thank you so much for your patience.

p.s. have you decided on your wedding band? I would love to see what your choice was, which im sure is lovely!
31.gif

12luvthisring12.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry you lost your first ring, but I
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
the way this one turned out! Congrats to you and thank goodness for insurance
36.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, verrrrry nice!

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
This ring is truly stunning! Thanks for sharing these photos!
1.gif

lovesparkle

Rough_Rock
Stunning! Sorry you lost your first one but this is just as pretty

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
very sparkly and bright! Lovely!!!

nubiantigr

Rough_Rock
Wow. It''s so beautiful and sparkly. Great replica!!! Your nails are a very pretty color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results