shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen a Cushion Cut emerald? Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am looking for a fine emerald- but here is my question:

Has anyone seen an emerald cut in a cushion cut? Any opinions?

I realize that emerald cut is tradional, but ....

Thanks.

P.S.
Does anyone have experience with Emerald Elegance/Esmerelda?

Fine emeralds do not come by truckload - as long as the cut s not overly shalow and windowed, the shape is entirely your choice. I am not sure I understand what the issue is: are you considering a cushion cut emerald versus a step cut? The sahep is not very common, but then... nothing is very common about fine emerald.
2.gif

Oops, don't know what happened to above post. I've never seen a cushion cut emerald but found a pic for you. It's a Georgian piece. Can't get it to post so you'll have to look here http://www.liveauctioneers.com/auctions/ebay/115454.html

how about this one....

emerald.jpg

*** It sure is hard to find a cushion cut Emerald....

I think this one is better.....

hd-8tmb.jpg

Firerock,

Thank you!

Try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG-TH-028-EM-F.jpg

Maya,

Hey... good find!!
love.gif

Very nice. I love the pavilion faceting, which increases the brilliance of the stone. Nice hue of color too.

It looks Colombian. Is it?

Richard,

It is Columbian, and I have ordered one of its cousins to come up to the US to visit next week- if I keep it I will post a pix!

Thanks
Maya
tongue.gif

Excellent Maya. Don't give up on emerald because of the treatment issues. It's not as much of an issue with the finer stones, and an expert independent appraiser can keep you from making a wrong choice.

Emeralds are the "queen of gems", prized since the time of Cleopatra. They are not likely to disappear quietly into the night.

Green bargain basement
5.gif

cushion_emeraldI.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP