shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide on which pear diamond pendant/necklace!

Seastheday

Rough_Rock
Looking for a dainty pearl diamond pendant simple in design (no paves, etc) for every day wear.

I’m a diamond newbie/noob; I think I like old pear cuts?? I tried reading the threads on pear cuts here but still know VERY LITTLE about the specifics of the pear cut (bow tie, extinction) and will thus be irresponsibly throwing around these terms below! Just picked some options that look pleasing to me.

Can folks comment on cut and price for the options below;

1. 1.9 ct. No GIA certificate (seller says he can submit to local GIA gemologist in Dublin?). Just under $15k (usd). I like the simple chain and setting. The pear cut I’m not sure about the dark “slits” in the very middle and the surrounding may be a bit too much crushed ice (too busy?) for me…

IMG_2124.jpeg

Video: https://delphiantiques.com/piece/exceptional-pear-shaped-diamond-pendant/

2.Around $10k usd. I like the cut of this stone better than the top one but I think I see some dark “spots” in the stone that to be honest don’t bother me too much. The setting Im not sure about bc it’s enamel and can wear quickly? Diamond is 1.52 ct.I/Si3.
IMG_2115.jpegIMG_2101.jpeg

https://jewellerydiscovery.co.uk/product/art-deco-pear-shape-diamond-pendant-necklace-1-52-carats/

3. $6000 usd. 0.91 ct (drop is 0.81 ct). I like this design the best, simple. The pear cut I’m not so sure I like: modern cut seems really “busy” looking. This vendor on the surface appears the most put together with all the Gia reports, very responsive, good return policy. I’m in the US so would hate the headache of a complicated return process.
IMG_2092.pngIMG_2093.jpeg

https://www.berganza.com/diamond-dr...y5odG1s&from_title=Antique+&+Vintage+Pendants

Would you be open to buying a loose pear cut stone and then getting a pendant made instead? Imo all of the pendants you picked are overpriced, but you would be paying a premium for an old cut, of course. Still, 15k for an uncertified (and an appraisal by a GIA gemologist is not a certificate) <2ct stone set on a simple chain is too high imo. I like the last one best of the three but it again seems pricey to me.

yes you could do much better than those prices...
example... $1,795.00

or a warm color Rose Cut Pear

1726403380954.png

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain and @freddyboston

Thanks!
1)I was a little daunted by the prospect of putting a piece together since I haven’t really worked with any jeweler nearby: either of you or anyone that could suggest good benches in the US that could do the job?
2) recs/leads on loose antique pears?

I was looking at this loose stone, I like the cut but color too yellow:
IMG_2130.png

Ideally I would want to set in in some type of antique-inspired setting like the one below but didn’t know if starting with stone and then contracting with a bench to do the setting would end up costing similar to just paying retail for a pre owned/already completed piece?

Inspiration setting:

IMG_2096.pngIMG_2097.jpeg

Gilded Lane on Instagram has an antique pear that will be for sale later today. It’s a bit larger than what you have shared and very white! We won’t know the price until she posts and her stuff sells very quickly. Instagram buying is a bit intimidating but Gilded Lane is often recommended on PS. I personally bought 3 OMCs and had a great experience!

@bee24 and @newtojewels Thanks for the leads!

If folks see any pre-owned aka already assembled antique pear pendants or necklaces, please do share also!

Gilded Lane on Instagram has an antique pear that will be for sale later today. It’s a bit larger than what you have shared and very white! We won’t know the price until she posts and her stuff sells very quickly. Instagram buying is a bit intimidating but Gilded Lane is often recommended on PS. I personally bought 3 OMCs and had a great experience!

i like this one
@Seastheday you do know that Diamond shrinkage syndrome is a real thing to be weary of
i really like the one with the black enamel but it looks too small to me

That last Berganza one is a stunner!

Sadly I wasn’t even close to getting the instagram pear lol, when I inquired it was already gone!

That’s ok, I think I’m going to go the route of trying to find an antique piece.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP