shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick out of these diamonds (Aussie buyer)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 10/16/2008 5:19:14 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/13/2008 2:23:15 AM

Date: 10/13/2008 2:21:15 AM
Author: kmci
Didn''t get the setting from them... haven''t got it set yet, but will be having it done by someone they have recommended in Sydney.

The price I got was fantastic, approx 13% cheaper in AU$ than the US$ amount the valuer would have expected me to have paid for it.

As for quality, I got a kicken asscher (per strm) so in my case, it is excellent.
Thanks for answering! I''ve heard they are quite good for asschers..good to see some Aussie vendors standing up and delivering.
Ya, if I''m being honest I''m a Becks or Heini fan meself - can''t say I like VB at all - and I don''t think I''ve ever even tasted Fosters ! (I think its more popular in QLD?)..
anyways, sorry Haklin for the aussie hijack !
XXXX is the beer for QLD - bloody horrible stuff!
14.gif

Hi Haklin,

I''m so glad to have helped you, can''t believe you got it in 4 days!! Good luck with the proposal, I''m sure she''ll love it, it looks gorgeous.

Sorry this isn''t really related to this post
but I just wanted to enquire

kmci,

I''m another fellow Aussie buyer and currently looking at some Jogia diamonds. I was wondering if you could give me the name of the independent appraiser as I also live in Sydney but have no idea who would be a reliable appraiser to use.

Thanks!

Hi Daysie,

My ring from Jogia came with an independent appraisal done by a guy over in Perth (Jogia organises this). It came with a sealed stamp and full documentation. I think thats standard for any ''crossfire'' diamond.

Hi Haklin,

Thanks for the tip!

Date: 10/15/2008 11:44:41 PM

Date: 10/15/2008 11:02:49 PM
Author: honey22
Gday! Can't talk now, busy throwing another prawn on the barbie and riding the kangaroo around the backyard! Crap, a koala just stole food of the barbie, bugger, gotta go
2.gif
9.gif
LMAO!
Me too maatee, I'm flat out like a lizzard drinkin' !

:), didn't you know, Vic Bitter is the choice of real aussies, lol..
ROFL!!!!

You two are hilarous... fair dinkum!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Best of luck with your proposal, Haklin! The ring is sensational!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

haha! honey you are too funny! I am an Aussie and have nothing to contribute other to say this thread is hilarious!

Date: 10/18/2008 1:43:14 AM
Author: Smo
haha! honey you are too funny! I am an Aussie and have nothing to contribute other to say this thread is hilarious!
Hi Smo, how are you?
35.gif

I''m really enjoying all the new aussies joining the board, it seems like there''s a new one every day, which I love!

Hey Arjunajane!
35.gif

I have been lurking here for a little while but have been posting a little bit recently! This may or may not have something to do with my exams next week
27.gif

Where in Aus are you? I am Sydney (would love to know where the other PS Aussies are from as well).

ETA: For Aussie Ps'ers looking for beautiful jewellery you should check out Keshett Jewellers who have some beautiful things (based in Melbourne but will email photo's to you if necessary). I bought a gorgeous pave diamond ring there last Christmas and it sparkles like crazy and was such a good price.

Date: 10/18/2008 4:15:05 AM
Hey Arjunajane!
35.gif

I have been lurking here for a little while but have been posting a little bit recently! This may or may not have something to do with my exams next week
27.gif

Where in Aus are you? I am Sydney (would love to know where the other PS Aussies are from as well).

ETA: For Aussie Ps''ers looking for beautiful jewellery you should check out Keshett Jewellers who have some beautiful things (based in Melbourne but will email photo''s to you if necessary). I bought a gorgeous pave diamond ring there last Christmas and it sparkles like crazy and was such a good price.
Hey there!
I live in Perth - so far I have only read of one other PS''er being from here
7.gif
although a number have visited
1.gif

Honey22 is from QLD, and I think there are a majority of others from Melb/Syd..
cheers for the link, we always need more good referrals in Aust!

AJ and Honey, do you still call non bottled beer tinnies?? How are the old tuckshop ladies doing Honey? Not too daggy I hope?!
11.gif
9.gif

Date: 10/16/2008 3:21:11 AM

Gday! Can''t talk now, busy throwing another prawn on the barbie and riding the kangaroo around the backyard! Crap, a koala just stole food of the barbie, bugger, gotta go
2.gif
9.gif
LMAO!
Me too maatee, I''m flat out like a lizzard drinkin'' !

:), didn''t you know, Vic Bitter is the choice of real aussies, lol..
3.gif
I have been known to down a Coldie in my time, but I am a Blondie fan now, real high class taste now hey?!
Ok what is Blondie please? I assume it is a lager?

Date: 10/18/2008 8:34:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
AJ and Honey, do you still call non bottled beer tinnies?? How are the old tuckshop ladies doing Honey? Not too daggy I hope?!
11.gif
9.gif
Lol, lorelei - maybe some people in the country still use that term...
Oh, and truckstop ladies will always be daggy, as will "tuckershop" ones!
Blondie = Pure Blonde, a low-carb beer, perfect for the bride to be watching her figure! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Blonde

Date: 10/18/2008 8:50:48 AM

Date: 10/16/2008 3:21:11 AM

Gday! Can''t talk now, busy throwing another prawn on the barbie and riding the kangaroo around the backyard! Crap, a koala just stole food of the barbie, bugger, gotta go
2.gif
9.gif
LMAO!
Me too maatee, I''m flat out like a lizzard drinkin'' !

:), didn''t you know, Vic Bitter is the choice of real aussies, lol..
3.gif
I have been known to down a Coldie in my time, but I am a Blondie fan now, real high class taste now hey?!
Ok what is Blondie please? I assume it is a lager?
Yep, AJ is right, Pure Blondes are low carb beer, but I find they have a lighter taste, it''s basically the only beer I will drink now - perfect when I am mowing the lawns.

Oh, and I live in Melbourne, my folks live in QLD and I am getting married there.

And if you PSers ever want to organise a get together, I have already OK''d with FI to fly to an interstate destination for the event! Any takers let me know - you are all welcome at my place. Maybe we can convince Jon from GOG, and Lesley and Brian to come too - we can do like a Tupperware party just with diamonds instead
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif

11.gif
9.gif
Hmm, well I have to confess they are still pretty daggy
15.gif
But I have been starting to get into my gym at home and do some weights so I think they will come along ok. I still have 11 months to get them looking ok.

It's funny you mention the word 'daggy', I was just telling Mum yesterday that you loved one of my 'words' that I used all the time but I couldn't remember which one. Mum is pretty daggy too
2.gif

We still call the tins of beer tinnies, but they are less popular now, we have gotten much more classy here down under and we have bottles mainly now
1.gif

AJ and Honey - I love you both, I am sitting here laughing my head off!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hey Arjunajane!
35.gif

27.gif

ETA: For Aussie Ps''ers looking for beautiful jewellery you should check out Keshett Jewellers who have some beautiful things (based in Melbourne but will email photo''s to you if necessary). I bought a gorgeous pave diamond ring there last Christmas and it sparkles like crazy and was such a good price.
Hi Smo
35.gif

I from Queensland and had to go all the way to New York to have a pricescope GTG with Harriet so one in Australia could work next time.
Re: beer Fourex revolting Crown Lager Ok for something OZ or Cascade Light but I am really a Corona or Beck''s girl myself

Date: 10/19/2008 4:46:18 AM
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Aww, we love you too!
35.gif

Honey, I think an Oz GTG is sounding like a plan!..
36.gif

Date: 10/20/2008 12:12:55 AM

9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Aww, we love you too!
35.gif

36.gif
Ok Aussies, how do we do this? Should we start a new thread in Hangout?

Date: 10/19/2008 7:03:01 PM
Author: katebar

Hey Arjunajane!
35.gif

27.gif

Hi Smo
35.gif

I from Queensland and had to go all the way to New York to have a pricescope GTG with Harriet so one in Australia could work next time.

Re: beer Fourex revolting Crown Lager Ok for something OZ or Cascade Light but I am really a Corona or Beck''s girl myself
Katebar have you tried Little Creatures? My husband and I love their Pale Ale and Pilsner. I agree Fourex is revolting.

Date: 10/20/2008 1:29:52 AM

9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Aww, we love you too!
35.gif

36.gif
Ok Aussies, how do we do this? Should we start a new thread in Hangout?
yeah, I not sure if would be able to this year though -- but may as well start the ball rolling!

softly softly, have you ever been to the Little Creatures in Fremantle?

Date: 10/18/2008 11:00:20 PM

11.gif
9.gif
Oh, and truckstop ladies will always be daggy, as will ''tuckershop'' ones!
Blondie = Pure Blonde, a low-carb beer, perfect for the bride to be watching her figure! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Blonde
So truckstop ladies are the same as tuckshop/ tuckershop?? Daggy whatever you call ''em....

Date: 10/20/2008 3:52:28 AM

11.gif
9.gif
So truckstop ladies are the same as tuckshop/ tuckershop?? Daggy whatever you call ''em....
No, not the same thing but united through daggyness, yes ! I love the way you''ve taken to the word daggy, lol...are you using it IRL at all? you definately should.
9.gif
11.gif

Date: 10/20/2008 5:17:05 AM

11.gif
9.gif
Oh, and truckstop ladies will always be daggy, as will 'tuckershop' ones!
So truckstop ladies are the same as tuckshop/ tuckershop?? Daggy whatever you call 'em....
No, not the same thing but united through daggyness, yes ! I love the way you've taken to the word daggy, lol...are you using it IRL at all? you definately should.
9.gif
11.gif
I am actually!!! I love it, first heard it on Neighbours years ago then forgot about it till you and Honeykins used it! Makes a nice change from pants for everything that is yuck!
25.gif

<

Yep - that was one of our fave places when we lived in Perth. Apparently they have a ''beer hall'' on Brunswick Street in Melbourne now[/quote]

Date: 10/20/2008 5:24:18 AM

Date: 10/20/2008 5:17:05 AM

11.gif
9.gif
No, not the same thing but united through daggyness, yes ! I love the way you''ve taken to the word daggy, lol...are you using it IRL at all? you definately should.
9.gif
11.gif
I am actually!!! I love it, first heard it on Neighbours years ago then forgot about it till you and Honeykins used it! Makes a nice change from pants for everything that is yuck!
25.gif
Huh?
Pants?! I love it! does that mean, like rubbish or something?

Date: 10/20/2008 5:45:44 AM
Author: softly softly

<

Yep - that was one of our fave places when we lived in Perth. Apparently they have a ''beer hall'' on Brunswick Street in Melbourne now
[/quote] I didn''t know you lived here - what area if I may ask..?

Arjunajane I don''t live in Perth now, I used to 3 years ago (lived in Subi and West Perth), I live in Victoria. I still have a huge fondness for Perth, and we almost moved back there this year for my husband''s work, but we were scared off by the crazy property market. However his new job means he will be spend a lot of time in Perth so I think I''ll probably be making the trip a few times myself as I still have good friends there. Are you North or South of the river?

OMG!! ROFLMAO!! How did I ever miss the rest of this thread?!!!
rotflmao2.gif

This thread has me in stitches!
I am convinced. I must move to Australia - It is about time I learned a new language
Whistle2.gif
and I could do it by immersion! (or perhaps just immersion in vic bitters?!!)

Date: 10/20/2008 1:41:03 AM
Author: softly softly

Date: 10/19/2008 7:03:01 PM
Author: katebar

Hey Arjunajane!
35.gif

27.gif

Hi Smo
35.gif

Katebar have you tried Little Creatures? My husband and I love their Pale Ale and Pilsner. I agree Fourex is revolting.
Oh yes I love Little Creatures Pale Ale. Our best friends live in Perth and we have had some terrific lunches at the Brewery in Freo sipping Little Creatures. thanks for the reminder
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP