shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick out of these diamonds (Aussie buyer)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi Guys

I''m also fellow Aussie in Syd, total newbie on PS though

The Tupperware / Diamond GTG sounds great!

Oh, though I''m not a beer drinker myself, Pure Blonde is about the only beer I actually don''t dislike

So maybe it ought to be a Tupperware / Diamond / Beer tasting GTG?? We really should ask all the veteran PS''ers who''ve helped in our decision making process/advice givers to come along. It will be a blast!

41.gif

Date: 10/16/2008 6:54:49 AM
Author: honey22
Date: 10/16/2008 5:19:14 AM

Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/13/2008 2:23:15 AM

Date: 10/13/2008 2:21:15 AM

Author: kmci

Didn't get the setting from them... haven't got it set yet, but will be having it done by someone they have recommended in Sydney.

The price I got was fantastic, approx 13% cheaper in AU$ than the US$ amount the valuer would have expected me to have paid for it.

As for quality, I got a kicken asscher (per strm) so in my case, it is excellent.

Thanks for answering! I've heard they are quite good for asschers..good to see some Aussie vendors standing up and delivering.

Ya, if I'm being honest I'm a Becks or Heini fan meself - can't say I like VB at all - and I don't think I've ever even tasted Fosters ! (I think its more popular in QLD?)..

anyways, sorry Haklin for the aussie hijack !

XXXX is the beer for QLD - bloody horrible stuff!
14.gif

I am so late to this thread LOL

XXXX is not horrible vitamin B now that stuff is bleugh :P.

And just quietly no self-respecting Aussie would touch Fosters with a 10 foot pole, I don't even think you can buy it here however there is an abundance of it OS *bleugh* I saw it many times in London and even in Austria of all places.

Honey I have to agree with you blondies are awesome :), I really love the taste but I am weird like that :).

And if anyone wants to do a GTG I am all for it I actually have something to bring LOL.

:) Come anytime, more then happy to teach you some of the local lingo :).

Date: 10/20/2008 4:33:22 PM
Author: softly softly
Arjunajane I don''t live in Perth now, I used to 3 years ago (lived in Subi and West Perth), I live in Victoria. I still have a huge fondness for Perth, and we almost moved back there this year for my husband''s work, but we were scared off by the crazy property market. However his new job means he will be spend a lot of time in Perth so I think I''ll probably be making the trip a few times myself as I still have good friends there. Are you North or South of the river?
hey softly, I''m soo sorry I missed this until now !
Cool, I have lived in Subi nearly my whole life (North Perth now with my Fi) - we could''ve been neighbours without even knowing, lol !
My folks live just off Rokeby rd..
You were right to be cautious about the property market, it was wild for ages there. But I think its heading back to normal (kinda)..
5.gif

I''m a strictly Nth of River, gal - pretty much take me outta the western suburbs and I''m lost, lol !

Date: 10/30/2008 2:16:52 AM
Author: daysie
Hi Guys

I''m also fellow Aussie in Syd, total newbie on PS though

The Tupperware / Diamond GTG sounds great!

Oh, though I''m not a beer drinker myself, Pure Blonde is about the only beer I actually don''t dislike

So maybe it ought to be a Tupperware / Diamond / Beer tasting GTG?? We really should ask all the veteran PS''ers who''ve helped in our decision making process/advice givers to come along. It will be a blast!

41.gif
Hey Daysie, a great big Aussie PS welcome !
35.gif
I don''t doubt if we have a GTG there will be plenty of beer and perhaps some diamonds - not so sure about the tupperware- I''ll bring extra diamonds instead, how''s that sound?
27.gif
9.gif

Date: 10/20/2008 11:11:16 PM
Author: :)
OMG!! ROFLMAO!! How did I ever miss the rest of this thread?!!!
rotflmao2.gif

This thread has me in stitches!
I am convinced. I must move to Australia - It is about time I learned a new language
Whistle2.gif
and I could do it by immersion! (or perhaps just immersion in vic bitters?!!)
We will help you learn :) - you''ll fit right in by the time we''re done matey !

Date: 10/30/2008 4:37:50 AM

Arjunajane I don''t live in Perth now, I used to 3 years ago (lived in Subi and West Perth), I live in Victoria. I still have a huge fondness for Perth, and we almost moved back there this year for my husband''s work, but we were scared off by the crazy property market. However his new job means he will be spend a lot of time in Perth so I think I''ll probably be making the trip a few times myself as I still have good friends there. Are you North or South of the river?

hey softly, I''m soo sorry I missed this until now !

Cool, I have lived in Subi nearly my whole life (North Perth now with my Fi) - we could''ve been neighbours without even knowing, lol !

You were right to be cautious about the property market, it was wild for ages there. But I think its heading back to normal (kinda)..
5.gif

I''m a strictly Nth of River, gal - pretty much take me outta the western suburbs and I''m lost, lol !

Yes we could have been neighbours AJ! In 2004 we lived on the corner of Barker and Townshend Rd - red brick house next to the roundabout. I loved living there, but I was slightly bemused last time I was in Perth to see that particular house on the market for 1.2 million
23.gif
Before we moved there we had a lovely art deco flat in West Perth on Colin Street which we adored but it was tiny so we had to move when I got pregnant, although we are still kicking ourselves that we sold it before the boom kicked in.

I did love living in Subi though. Is Cafe Cafe still the best place for coffee?

North Perth is great too - I spent a couple of years in Mt Lawley and still rate the Queens Hotel as one of my favorite pubs of all time.

Date: 10/30/2008 5:52:44 AM

Date: 10/30/2008 4:37:50 AM

Arjunajane I don't live in Perth now, I used to 3 years ago (lived in Subi and West Perth), I live in Victoria. I still have a huge fondness for Perth, and we almost moved back there this year for my husband's work, but we were scared off by the crazy property market. However his new job means he will be spend a lot of time in Perth so I think I'll probably be making the trip a few times myself as I still have good friends there. Are you North or South of the river?

hey softly, I'm soo sorry I missed this until now !

Cool, I have lived in Subi nearly my whole life (North Perth now with my Fi) - we could've been neighbours without even knowing, lol !

5.gif

I'm a strictly Nth of River, gal - pretty much take me outta the western suburbs and I'm lost, lol !

Yes we could have been neighbours AJ! In 2004 we lived on the corner of Barker and Townshend Rd - red brick house next to the roundabout. I loved living there, but I was slightly bemused last time I was in Perth to see that particular house on the market for 1.2 million
23.gif
Before we moved there we had a lovely art deco flat in West Perth on Colin Street which we adored but it was tiny so we had to move when I got pregnant, although we are still kicking ourselves that we sold it before the boom kicked in.

I did love living in Subi though. Is Cafe Cafe still the best place for coffee?

North Perth is great too - I spent a couple of years in Mt Lawley and still rate the Queens Hotel as one of my favorite pubs of all time.
Ha, wow - I'm almost sure I know what house you mean ! My folks (and where I lived until a couple years ago) are on Hamersley Rd, near corner of Rokeby. (The corner with teh big war memorial clock)..
Hrmmm..there are sooo many new cafes there all the time, I find it hard to keep up!
I love where we live, we have city views but are only 5 mins from Oxford st Leederville , with all its great shops and the Luna etc - and I love Mt Lawley too, about 5mins the other way - can't beat Planet Video, lol !

I have some friends who've recently moved into a place like yours in West Perth - I really like those art deco buildings, but they are tiny !

Yup, the Queens is great. I had a lovely meal of kangaroo there recently ! There are also a number of very popular wine bars on Beaufort now too.

Its fun to talk with you !

Ha, wow - I''m almost sure I know what house you mean ! My folks (and where I lived until a couple years ago) are on Hamersley Rd, near corner of Rokeby. (The corner with teh big war memorial clock)..

Hrmmm..there are sooo many new cafes there all the time, I find it hard to keep up!

I love where we live, we have city views but are only 5 mins from Oxford st Leederville , with all its great shops and the Luna etc - and I love Mt Lawley too, about 5mins the other way - can''t beat Planet Video, lol !

I have some friends who''ve recently moved into a place like yours in West Perth - I really like those art deco buildings, but they are tiny !

Yup, the Queens is great. I had a lovely meal of kangaroo there recently ! There are also a number of very popular wine bars on Beaufort now too.

Its fun to talk with you ![/quote]

Well that is weird because our first place in Subi was on Campbell Street. Used to walk past that clock and through that little park all the time trying to get my son to sleep. Your parents house must be lovely judging by all the places around there. Did you used to go to Jean Claude''s? I was puzzled when we first moved there why there was always a line down the street for that place at lunchtime- until I actually tried some stuff from there.

I hear you about Planet Video. I think we still have a membership there!!!

Date: 10/30/2008 6:16:42 AM

Well that is weird because our first place in Subi was on Campbell Street. Used to walk past that clock and through that little park all the time trying to get my son to sleep. Your parents house must be lovely judging by all the places around there. Did you used to go to Jean Claude's? I was puzzled when we first moved there why there was always a line down the street for that place at lunchtime- until I actually tried some stuff from there.

I hear you about Planet Video. I think we still have a membership there!!!
He he, such a small world - the Primary School on the other side of that park is where my sisters and I all went to pre primary and school, lol !
I always would play in that park, and still enjoy admiring the rose garden there.
The only downside of living next to the clock is the Anzac day early morning march (with pipes band) convene there each year - not fun when you're 16 and hungover, lol !

Yup, can't go past a choc or ham and cheese croissant from Jean Claudes right ?!

Plus, this would've been before you moved there - but just down the road from J.C's was a wonderful Lebanese cafe for many years. My first introduction to a life long love of home made baklava, rose water drinks and other delights - one of my fondest childhood memories visiting their with family..

We visit Planet about once a week, and constantly have $$$ in overdue fees
40.gif
They have recently also opened Planet Books, which is my new fave bookstore - great selections everywhere there- music, movies and books - bliss !

Anyway, better quit now with the memory lane , lol - everone knows everything about me now !

.....Plus Law and Order is on the telly....
5.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP