carat
color
clarity

Help picking watch - Cartier panthere medium

AE16

Shiny_Rock
Trade
hi!

I was hoping for some help picking between the mixed tone or the silver Cartier panthere watch. I always thought I wanted the two tone but when I went to try on I felt like the yellow gold looked green on my skin tone? ( i do have olive undertones)

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1987.jpeg
    IMG_1987.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 31
Hi!
They look both lovely on you!
From the pictures I don't see any green: the two tone seems a bit coppery which may look not flattering on your skin tone in real life.
If I had to choose for myself, I'd get the silver one just because I'd stack it with wg bracelets and I'd wear wg rings on my left hand.
But if you're going to stack the watch with
- yg bracelets
or
- with a mix of yg+wg bracelets
or
- you're wearing yg+wg rings on your left hand
then buy the two tone watch.

hi!

I was hoping for some help picking between the mixed tone or the silver Cartier panthere watch. I always thought I wanted the two tone but when I went to try on I felt like the yellow gold looked green on my skin tone? ( i do have olive undertones)

Stainless steel***

I should add I do wear mostly yellow gold jewelry. My diamond tennis bracelets and diamond studs are silver tho and my engagement ring has platinum prongs

Last edited:
Is the "silver" actually stainless steel or white gold? Nearly all the silver-colored metal ones are steel. I think both look very nice on you. I'm not sure I'd pay 2-3X for the steel-plus-YG over the plain stainless, especially for a quartz watch that is less likely to be an heirloom. I think both look great on you and I was initially more drawn to the mixed-metal one although that is not my general go-to look.

I should add I do wear mostly yellow gold jewelry. My diamond tennis bracelets and diamond studs are silver tho and my ER has platinum prongs

...then get the two tone watch.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP