carat
color
clarity

How can I tell if this opal is natural?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Garry:

A lab created stone is a lab created stone as far as I'm concerned or synthetic if you will.

I've seen your many posts on lab Diamonds on "JHJ." I have not commented because I'm not in the business of selling Diamonds. Never have been. They just don't concern me. But if someone calls a lab created Diamond a natural Diamond, I'd be the first one to say they're not and explain why.

To be honest I don't even know what lab created Diamonds have been "rebranded" as, as I just don't pay much attention to Diamonds in general.

Not putting them down, just not interested in them to the point of concern. They do make nice accent stones though and are beautiful. Just too much overkill. I'm numb to them.

Sorry for the distraction folks.
The US FTC said not to use the terminology Gemologists have used for more than a century for all gem materials of the same chemical and crystaline structure.
Synthetic.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All! I wanted to post an update. I took my ring to a couple of opal and mineral experts in my area and they confirmed that it is in fact a soldi Black Opal. They said the color play is gorgeous and that I lucked out with the price I paid. Ty all for enabling me!

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! I never had a doubt!

Hi All! I wanted to post an update. I took my ring to a couple of opal and mineral experts in my area and they confirmed that it is in fact a soldi Black Opal. They said the color play is gorgeous and that I lucked out with the price I paid. Ty all for enabling me!

Woohoo... that's what we like to hear! Enjoy it!!
cleader.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results