shape
carat
color
clarity

HUGE shout-out to Loosegrowndiamond!!

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Thought I'd better give a BIG shout-out to Loosegrowndiamond.com for coming through with my dream ring...and 'Susan'!!

I was nervous abut the purchasing both the stone and shank together, sight unseen...but the ring turned-out beyond my highest hopes. Contrary to some reviews I've read about LGD, the custom shank that they made for me is perfection...... A seamless halo and set low... It's really beautiful and I couldn't be more pleased. The whole process with LGD was pretty good, over all...

For others who may have this question, the online photos of the stone that I picked-out seemed dark, compared to other photos, and seemed to exhibit some blue nuance, although it's not listed on the IGI report. I was assured by LGD, once they had the diamond in their New York office, that the stone had no blue nuance. Once the ring was shipped, it arrived by noon the next day (today)...to Canada.

For the information of anyone interested and shopping for a lab diamond who's new to it all, this stone rated 9.7 on StoneAlgo, sit within the perimeters of AGS Ideal/GIA Excellent on DiamondScreener's Cut Estimator...and scored a point .09 on HCA. These tools really helped me to narrow down my choices. And the price was beyond EXCELLENT!! I feel that the stone I got was a real bargoon!

The specs on this stunner are:

2.29 carat
F color
VS1
56 / 61.2 / 34.7 / 40.7
HPHT as grown

I've attached some pics. As per usual, it's almost impossible for me to capture the beauty and essence of the diamond, and the ring as a whole...but in real life, it makes my heart palpitate...and skip beats... :) (Apologies if the some of the photos are a bit redundant...but am attempting to capture the fire and scintillation from various subtle angles)...12.jpg11.jpg10.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Last edited:
It’s lovely and has great presence on your hand. Enjoy!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the sparkle!

Congratulations! It's beautiful for sure, i had the same experience of them being slow but coming through! Enjoy your new sparkler!

How long did the entire process take?

How long did the entire process take?

Well, I ordered a diamond on April 29...and then on May 8 I order the custom shank to go with the stone, as I was originally going to have the ring made locally....and then on May 26 I switched to a different diamond...lol....and the ring was shipped yesterday and received by me today. So all things considered, it was a pretty swift turnaround time (around 5 weeks, give-or-take). The ring was finished and sent to New York when I decided to switch to a different centre diamond. So glad that I did. The centre diamond that I have now was less expensive than the original one that I ordered, but with much better proportions. (Fresh diamonds are being made every day!...evidently)... Am just in love with it.. Again, I'm new to lab diamonds...but holy mackerel... what a bang for the buck!... Back in the early days of my 'diamond chasing', a ring like this would be SO far out of my reach... I second guessed my purchase several times while waiting for the ring to be finished and sent...but I'm SO glad I took the plunge... It's the first ring I've ever purchased that I truly love at first sight... It's so perfect (for me). And honestly, the setting is so well crafted...and I think I have a pretty discerning eye as I've spent an inordinate amount of time over the years looking at, learning about...and salivating over some exquisite pieces... Anyway, I couldn't be more thrilled.

Last edited:
Amazing ring - congratulations!

Thought I'd better give a BIG shout-out to Loosegrowndiamond.com for coming through with my dream ring...and 'Susan'!!

I was nervous abut the purchasing both the stone and shank together, sight unseen...but the ring turned-out beyond my highest hopes. Contrary to some reviews I've read about LGD, the custom shank that they made for me is perfection...... A seamless halo and set low... It's really beautiful and I couldn't be more pleased. The whole process with LGD was pretty good, over all...

For others who may have this question, the online photos of the stone that I picked-out seemed dark, compared to other photos, and seemed to exhibit some blue nuance, although it's not listed on the IGI report. I was assured by LGD, once they had the diamond in their New York office, that the stone had no blue nuance. Once the ring was shipped, it arrived by noon the next day (today)...to Canada.

For the information of anyone interested and shopping for a lab diamond who's new to it all, this stone rated 9.7 on StoneAlgo, sit within the perimeters of AGS Ideal/GIA Excellent on DiamondScreener's Cut Estimator...and scored a point .09 on HCA. These tools really helped me to narrow down my choices. And the price was beyond EXCELLENT!! I feel that the stone I got was a real bargoon!

The specs on this stunner are:

2.29 carat
F color
VS1
56 / 61.2 / 34.7 / 40.7
HPHT as grown

I've attached some pics. As per usual, it's almost impossible for me to capture the beauty and essence of the diamond, and the ring as a whole...but in real life, it makes my heart palpitate...and skip beats... :) (Apologies if the some of the photos are a bit redundant...but am attempting to capture the fire and scintillation from various subtle angles)...12.jpg11.jpg10.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

That is stunning!!

Congratulations! It turned out beautiful!

To clear up any confusion...
When you say "shank" do you mean setting? Or, do you mean they did a custom shank on your setting? "Shank" is considered the
rounded part of the setting that goes around your finger. The whole thing is the "setting". Just wondering what part you had
customized. It's very pretty!
shank.png

Congratulations! It turned out beautiful!

To clear up any confusion...
When you say "shank" do you mean setting? Or, do you mean they did a custom shank on your setting? "Shank" is considered the
rounded part of the setting that goes around your finger. The whole thing is the "setting". Just wondering what part you had
customized. It's very pretty!
shank.png

Ah...okay... I meant setting... I had the 'setting' made to fit the stone. Without seeing it in person, I took a gamble on the size of the center stone and how it would look, size-wise, with the halo on my finger. It came out perfect! I don't think I'll suffer DSS for...hopefully, ever...lol :)

Got it! I think it came out perfect too and DSS...not a problem!

Absolutely lovely! Hopefully, the ring they're making for me will come out as well!

Absolutely lovely! Hopefully, the ring they're making for me will come out as well!

I'm sure yours will be beautiful! I was really skeptical about how mine would look in real life... If there'd be something 'off' that niggled at me....but, honestly, when I opened the box, I was beyond thrilled... Pls post pics when you get yours.. Would love to see it.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics