color
clarity

I’m in luuuuuurve

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAC-W|1304786314|2914824 said:
LovingDiamonds|1304785399|2914810 said:
I adore your Chryso - yes it's sleepy BUT I bet it has fluorescence. Can you check? That would account for why it looks different I think. I bet it looks minty then yellow then almost a vanilla colour? If so, I bet it has a slight pink fluor! Just a guess but would love to know!

LD,

You've pretty much described my chrysoberyl to a tee. It shows all of those colours.

How do I check for fluorescence? I think I need a special light if I remember other threads correctly?

But... David didnt mention fluorescence in his description, and he's been 120% accurate in all aspects so I'm thinking maybe it doesnt have fluoro, cos if it did he would surely have mentioned it?

M

Chrysoberyls tend to color shift from more yellow to more green, and that would not necessarily be due to fluorescence. I have several, and none have fluorescence, which makes me think the chromophore might be iron, but I don't know for sure. Some minty chrysoberyls are colored by vanadium and they might fluor. These are called "vanadium chrysoberyls." Maybe you have a vanadium, but it doesn't appear so.

You can buy a $5 UV light on ebay. Just search UV flashlight, and you'll find a ton of vendors selling them for cheap. Just check feedback to make sure you're buying from someone trustworthy.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful, MAC! (And this is coming from a person who doesn't purchase zircons, and it is very sincere!).

I like the way you purchase stones, you seem to be very careful and end up with great finds!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1305107424|2918305 said:
Both are beautiful, MAC! (And this is coming from a person who doesn't purchase zircons, and it is very sincere!).

I like the way you purchase stones, you seem to be very careful and end up with great finds!

Awww Crasru, thank you. Thats a lovely thing to say.

TL, thanks for the info. I've place an order for a UV light so will let you know the outcome but I did ask David about fluoroescence in the Chrysoberyl and he said he hadnt tested for it as it doesnt affect the value of the stone. Will be interesting to see if it has or hasnt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results