shape
carat
color
clarity

I just got a (very expensive) idea

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think? But then I'd have to get another pair of old cut earrings and they are sooo $$$$$$. Sapphire is 2.82 ct, diamonds are 5.5 mm each.

Attachments

• 20240819_105620.jpg
    20240819_105620.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 332
  • 20240819_105415.jpg
    20240819_105415.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 33
Do it!!!!!! It’ll look fabulous and be worth every penny. I splurged on the setting for my blue and am glad I treated myself to exactly what I wanted.

If you are going to have endless hours enjoying this, do it!

And then get the earnings in your own time.

Most antiques seem to set elongated stones N-S that’s I’ve seen. Not that it matters. Would you go E-W?

Most antiques seem to set elongated stones N-S that’s I’ve seen. Not that it matters. Would you go E-W?

@Dreamer_D that's a good point. I just shoved it randomly between the diamonds, not a lot of thought put into it. I got inspired by this post - my sapphire is smaller however the diamonds are larger. I need to get a quote on the setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_132024_Instagram~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_132024_Instagram~2.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240818_185236_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240818_185236_Instagram.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 24
I have a solution for you - I’ll take that sapphire off your hands and that way you won’t have to deal with setting it. :P2

@Avondale lol. It's certified ceylon unheated. On the bright side, I always always sell at cost because of work circumstances - I have to disclose all my financial info.

Girl, if I were in your shoes, I’d never give it up. Make it into a gorgeous ring and make the entire rest of the world green with envy.

What do you think? But then I'd have to get another pair of old cut earrings and they are sooo $$$$$$. Sapphire is 2.82 ct, diamonds are 5.5 mm each.

Go for it!!! You'll have an absolutely amazing three stone!!

Slight dissenting voice here - while the 3 stone would look gorgeous because the sapphire is UNREAL, I also wouldn’t want to give up my solitaire earrings. Unless you have another pair of studs, I’d source another pair of side stones first! Also, I feel like the sides are a bit too big for the central sapphire, I’d like perhaps ~5mm instead of 5.5. A three stone is a lovely classic for sure though!

Attachments

• 20240820_090115.jpg
    20240820_090115.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240820_085820~2.jpg
    20240820_085820~2.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 10
Do you love love love this sapphire? If it’s your dream sapphire, make sure you use the exact diamonds you want, in the size that you want.

But if it’s a ring that you’re looking to add to the collection to wear, the smaller studs look nice enough imo!

I like the proportions with the new studs too, especially east-west. Great use of stones you never wear, as long as in-person you think they're nice enough to be worthy of your lovely sapphire!

I like the proportions with the new studs too, especially east-west. Great use of stones you never wear, as long as in-person you think they're nice enough to be worthy of your lovely sapphire!

@newtojewels they are cute. My (now) mother-in-law gifted them to me from Tiffany when I graduated college, but they are in white gold and can't wear them because of severe nickel allergy.

@newtojewels they are cute. My (now) mother-in-law gifted them to me from Tiffany when I graduated college, but they are in white gold and can't wear them because of severe nickel allergy.

If they are branded Tiffany, I’m not sure you’d want to pull them apart - would you consider selling them, and using the funds to purchase side stones? You’d likely get much more for them than unbranded earrings and you can put those funds into whatever side stones you wish.

I like the bigger side stone personally

Have Tiffany reset them for you in another metal. They did this for me.

I like the larger stones as well.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP