shape
carat
color
clarity

Imperial Jewels - Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Just been browsing ebay for stones for my dream RHR and spotted this store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4644&item=4933234665&tc=photo

Not sure how you make a live link (feel free to chime in!)?

Has anyone dealt with them before? The stones look pretty but the prices are really cheap. Sapphires are normally a lot more expensive than this?! I know that a monitor is misleading when judging colour but what am I missing?
rolleyes.gif

it looks quite lovely, and if this is indeed what you've been looking for, it doesnt seem very risky to me, since they have the 7 day preview with money back if u dont like it.. i'd go for it, if i wanted it, and could afford it. (aka if i were you.)

the ultimate choice is of course yours.

From their description "proud to present to you thus Master Cut."

It does not look like it was cut by a Master cutter to me (IMO).
What do you think????

Joker....

Pick 051.jpg

I see a slightly grayinsh, light violet blue sapphire cut with a quite appealing shape. The pictures are encouraging if what you see is what you get. Even the id photo on the certificate shows better color than their pics !

Is this "expert cutting" - whatever... There is better and there is much worse. The shape is nice, there are no scratches, no window, the pavilion looks symmetrical while the pavilion is not (culet offcenter shows in the upsidedown pic). I don't think this is enough reason not to buy it - this is common and not enough to show in this case.

Just my cold 0.2 about the listing. I definitely love the shape of thins one
1.gif

I would rather have a heat treated and better cut stone than the one shown. If you are going to cut expensive material, at least have the facet points meet. That stone might look good if you didn't get closer than 5 feet from it. But then, this is just my opinion. If I were to buy that stone, I would re-cut it.

Joker....

Hi Just_Looking!

I got my sapphire from them and am very happy with it. It is as shown in my other thread pic. But I do agree, that particular's stones pavilion puts me off.

Just my 2 cents worth thought. The "price" you looking at will not happen. Rem is a e-bay bid site, there a few days more to their auction.
1.gif

Decided it was a little pale but with less than a day to go, it's still only at $175. Will be interesting to see what it finally goes for?

Like the look of this one but am holding back on buying til I decide what I want to do with it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10257&item=4933758995&tc=photo

Nicer colour? But tiny!
4.gif
Maybe delicate prongs on a bead set melee band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP