shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a nice overall color and tone/hue for this pair of 4.4 mm diamond cut Zambian emeralds?

Arthur Kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to get some opinions about the color and tone/hue of this little pair of diamond cut emeralds. They look pretty vibrant and nice to me, but I know next to nothing about emeralds. These are very slightly included with minor oil (C1 is the term, I believe). The vendor has a 100% positive feedback rating on eBay and Etsy. And he seems very forthright and communicative. Plus he has a 30-day money back guarantee. Do you think these puppies are worth taking a gamble on? Or do you think the tone is too dark?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240922-202919~2.png
    Screenshot_20240922-202919~2.png
    594.1 KB · Views: 11
Just wanted to get some opinions about the color and tone/hue of this little pair of diamond cut emeralds. They look pretty vibrant and nice to me, but I know next to nothing about emeralds. These are very slightly included with minor oil (C1 is the term, I believe). The vendor has a 100% positive feedback rating on eBay and Etsy. And he seems very forthright and communicative. Plus he has a 30-day money back guarantee. Do you think these puppies are worth taking a gamble on? Or do you think the tone is too dark?

Here is another pic:

Screenshot_20240924-165110~2.png

Here is another pic:

Screenshot_20240924-165110~2.png

Sorry to be a pest, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on the overall quality--- and the tone--- of these emeralds. Do you guys think they look medium, medium-dark, or dark in tone? The color seems pretty damn close to vivid, and the clarity looks pretty good (especially for emerald). I'm just worried about the tone. I don't want a tone that is too dark. They seem like above average quality emeralds for a nice price. And I do have the money back guarantee as an option. But I don't want to go to the trouble of sending them back to India for a refund if you guys think they aren't solid stones. Like I said, I'm a newbie when it comes to Zambian emeralds (sane goes for Colombian and Brazilian emeralds, actually ). I know less about decent emeralds than I do rubies, in fact.

But just to be clear, I'm not looking for top of the line Zambian emeralds. Just a nice quality 4.4mm pair at a decent price. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The seller is going to hold them for me, but I'd kinda like to get some "yays and nays" from you fine folks before I make my decision.

I think they are very pretty and definitely not too dark at all. I love their glow! I think they have a good glow about them!

It would be a yay from me as long as you are happy with the price and the assessment that they are minor oil.

This is my Zambian, in sunlight and in crappy train lighting.

IMG_5242.jpegIMG_4629.jpeg

That’s a nice pair with a good glow and reasonable clarity. It fits your preferences for a tone that’s not too dark - I’d guess medium.

For reference, this was graded medium-dark, vivid, Gemworld standards. The photo is modified to get the green as close to what I see indoors, next to a window on a sunny day. IMG_9699.jpeg

This is LED(?) light indoors:
IMG_9136.jpeg

That’s a nice pair with a good glow and reasonable clarity. It fits your preferences for a tone that’s not too dark - I’d guess medium.

For reference, this was graded medium-dark, vivid, Gemworld standards. The photo is modified to get the green as close to what I see indoors, next to a window on a sunny day. IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9136.jpeg

You’re killing me softly with those 2!

Sorry to be a pest, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on the overall quality--- and the tone--- of these emeralds. Do you guys think they look medium, medium-dark, or dark in tone? The color seems pretty damn close to vivid, and the clarity looks pretty good (especially for emerald). I'm just worried about the tone. I don't want a tone that is too dark. They seem like above average quality emeralds for a nice price. And I do have the money back guarantee as an option. But I don't want to go to the trouble of sending them back to India for a refund if you guys think they aren't solid stones. Like I said, I'm a newbie when it comes to Zambian emeralds (sane goes for Colombian and Brazilian emeralds, actually ). I know less about decent emeralds than I do rubies, in fact.

But just to be clear, I'm not looking for top of the line Zambian emeralds. Just a nice quality 4.4mm pair at a decent price. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The seller is going to hold them for me, but I'd kinda like to get some "yays and nays" from you fine folks before I make my decision.

It is definitely not too dark. It is very pretty.

IMG_6613.jpeg

I think they are very pretty and definitely not too dark at all. I love their glow! I think they have a good glow about them!

It would be a yay from me as long as you are happy with the price and the assessment that they are minor oil.

This is my Zambian, in sunlight and in crappy train lighting.

IMG_5242.jpegIMG_4629.jpeg

Wow, your Zambian emerald is gorgeous--- and HUGE!!!

Thanks so much for your feedback.

IMG_9136.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback--- I appreciate it! Holy shit, your Zambian is also HUGE. Beautiful ring!

It is definitely not too dark. It is very pretty.

IMG_6613.jpeg

So you think MY lil' 0.58 tcw Zambian diamond cut round pair are vivid color (and slightly bluish-green ) with medium tone? Hellz, yeah! And if so, do ya think they would look best set in white gold to help bring out the blue? I'm going to make a pair of 2nd piercing accent studs with these, so I think they are just the right size as accent studs to add a little pop of color with her white gold diamond hoops. Oh, and I also bought a little 3.5 mm round that matches the 4.4mm pair to use as an accent stone for a big freshwater Pearl pendant. That way these studs can also be accent stones in her 2nd piercings when she's wearing her nice round freshwater Pearl studs in her first piercings--- so these puppies will already be good for at least two different jewelry combinations. Woot!

Here is a picture of the two 4.4 mm emeralds along with the 3.5 mm emerald:

Screenshot_20240925-042747.png

Sorry, I should’ve noted mine is Colombian! I thought the reference might help since it has tone and saturation grades from an appraiser.

Emeralds are notoriously difficult to photograph so it’s hard to say for sure the color and tone from photos. I think rather than trying to decide based on what the tone and saturation would be graded as, listen to your intuition as well. At the end of the day, it needs to please your eyes, not look good on paper.

I think what you have here would make a lovely set! I’d take a gamble on them if the all-in price with setting is still less than retail. There are a lot of bad emeralds out there and these already look leagues above them.

Sorry, I should’ve noted mine is Colombian! I thought the reference might help since it has tone and saturation grades from an appraiser.

Emeralds are notoriously difficult to photograph so it’s hard to say for sure the color and tone from photos. I think rather than trying to decide based on what the tone and saturation would be graded as, listen to your intuition as well. At the end of the day, it needs to please your eyes, not look good on paper.

I think what you have here would make a lovely set! I’d take a gamble on them if the all-in price with setting is still less than retail. There are a lot of bad emeralds out there and these already look leagues above them.

I should have known your emerald was a Colombian--- it has that VERY distinctive glow. But I love the gorgeous HUGE emeralds both of you ladies posted--- Zambian and Columbian.

As for price, I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I'm just buying the gems loose (I can get really nice 14k white gold 4-prong earring settings from my local jeweler for only $100 total, and he doesn't even charge me to set the stones). The emerald pair was 0.58 tcw and the little 3.5mm is probably at least 0.12 or 0.13 carats. So that's 0.70 tcw combined of vivid Zambian emeralds for only $306. That's at least $50 bucks cheaper than the national emerald company for 0.70 tcw Zambian emeralds (that was the only concrete frame of reference I had on deciding if the price was fair).

So that pair of 0.58 total carat weight Zambian emeralds (which face up 4.4mm each) will only cost me roughly $330 once they are set in 14k white gold, plus the $70 for the 3.5mm emerald I'll be using as an accent stone for a pearl pendant.

I should have known your emerald was a Colombian--- it has that VERY distinctive glow. But I love the gorgeous HUGE emeralds both of you ladies posted--- Zambian and Columbian.

As for price, I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I'm just buying the gems loose (I can get really nice 14k white gold 4-prong earring settings from my local jeweler for only $100 total, and he doesn't even charge me to set the stones). The emerald pair was 0.58 tcw and the little 3.5mm is probably at least 0.12 or 0.13 carats. So that's 0.70 tcw combined of vivid Zambian emeralds for only $306. That's at least $50 bucks cheaper than the national emerald company for 0.70 tcw Zambian emeralds (that was the only concrete frame of reference I had on deciding if the price was fair).

So that pair of 0.58 total carat weight Zambian emeralds (which face up 4.4mm each) will only cost me roughly $330 once they are set in 14k white gold, plus the $70 for the 3.5mm emerald I'll be using as an accent stone for a pearl pendant.

Wow, that’s a no-brainer! Please come back and share when you get those glowy emeralds!

Wow, that’s a no-brainer! Please come back and share when you get those glowy emeralds!

I sure will! Hoping they look as good as the pics (and I have my fingers crossed the tone will be medium to medium-dark ).

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics