shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this hair cut too trendy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting my hair cut today. I live in South Florida and it is so hot that I am VERY tempted to cut my hair off. It''s about 2 inches past my shoulders now and it''s quite fine so I tend to like it a little shorter. I really like this hair cut but I feel like it''s trendy right now. I don''t do trendy. What do you all think...trendy or cute?

haircut9181.jpg

I think something like that but a bit less severe is great and classic. I do however think that haircut as-is isn''t the best...

What don''t you like about it if the back were just a touch longer?

i think it''s trendy, although i have seen that haircut for years
3.gif
if your hair is fine, it probably won''t look quite the same, have you thought of evening the length out more instead of it being such a sharp difference from the front to the back?

I would definitely consider having the back the same length as the front. I kinda like the idea though of the front being at least a longer. I just want this crap off the back of my neck.

The hairstyle reminds me of the Jon & Kate plus 8... kind of.

Ugh...I hate her hair cut!

I personally think that cut is too trendy. There have been variations throughout that years of the cut, but to me it screams Victoria Beckham circa 2008. I like her hair better now. It''s way more classic in a Audrey Hepburn way. Check out this pic of her now.

I do like her new cut...

That''s the Vidal Sassoon graduated bob!

I wore my hair like that throughout nearly my *entire* teen years (AKA the 90s), although my cut tended to be less graduated. That one is a bit severe for me.

I still have the magazine page (somewhere) that inspired my first cut--I ripped it out of a Vogue that ran a spread of the most influential haircuts when I was twelve. If I can find it I''ll scan it in tomorrow, the model shot is gorgeous.

I do think it''s trendy when it is that exaggerated, but I think a less severe version is really beautiful. I love them when they are cut very rounded at the back when looking from the side, if that makes sense.

I think it''s cute and trendy. I''ve seen many people here in Northern California with that haircut and I think it looks really cute with highlights.

Did you end up getting it cut?

Oh! I didn''t really answer your question, did I?

I can''t really say the cut is *trendy* because Vidal Sassoon first introduced it in the 60s, I believe. It was hugely popular in the 90s, though, so maybe it does smack of that time period for some people.

I love a less angular, and more swooping version of this bob, and I''d still wear my hair that way today if I had the face for it. (Alas, I don''t. I can only pull off very long hair.)

Date: 8/5/2009 2:20:52 AM
Author: Elegant
The hairstyle reminds me of the Jon & Kate plus 8... kind of.
GOD that woman''s hair is simply AWFUL!! The cut, the shape, the unnatural colors..
14.gif

To answer the question at hand, YES, this haircut is definitely trendy!

Date: 8/5/2009 1:51:53 AM
Author: neatfreak
I think something like that but a bit less severe is great and classic. I do however think that haircut as-is isn''t the best...

Ditto.

I don''t think it''s a trendy haircut. It''s been around forever and it looks great on many women.

I agree with other posters that it doesn''t have to be so severe as in the picture, but it is helpful in the summer to have the back a little shorter than the front, plus it''s cute.

I would go a touch longer in the back

Its unbalanced, too high in the back.

I think it''s an updated version of the classic bob. I like it, I think it''s cute and I don''t think it''s TOO trendy. It definitely doesn''t remind me of J&K+8. I say go for it!!

I don''t think it''s trendy either. I''ve seen that hair cut off and on for years and had something similar to it, though less severe, in the later 90s. I think it can become trendy if it''s cut too severly or highlighted to extremes. If you like it, go for it. And no, it does not remind me of JK+8.

Date: 8/5/2009 8:32:24 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I think it''s an updated version of the classic bob. I like it, I think it''s cute and I don''t think it''s TOO trendy. It definitely doesn''t remind me of J&K+8. I say go for it!!

Ditto all of this. I think it''s adorable.

REgarding the length in the back, I think you should make the decision depending on the texture/behavior of your hair. I like it that short, mainly because it gives a lot of volume and fullness.

Is a bob the trend of the moment? Sure. But make it your own: don''t get choppy layering put in, keep the front from being an extreme difference in length than the back, don''t spike the back a la Kate.

I''m a guy so I have no clue what''s trendy for women. I do agree it looks a bit high in the back but I have seen very similar styles a couple of times recently and loved it.

Treefrog

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I''m going today at 1:00. I''m not entirely certain what I will get. I plan to show her this pic and tell her to give me some version of it as long as the back is no shorter than that and possibly a bit longer.

I''ve just been trying to figure out if I should cut it off or not. I have had sort hair (between chin and low neck) my whole life. I''ve finally gotten it past my shoulders and the urge to cut it is KILLING me. I have a lot of hair but it is fine so it looks ragged at this length.

Maybe Italinhaircolor will weigh in and offer some advice.

Date: 8/5/2009 8:11:38 AM
Author: mscushion
I don''t think it''s a trendy haircut. It''s been around forever and it looks great on many women.

I agree with other posters that it doesn''t have to be so severe as in the picture, but it is helpful in the summer to have the back a little shorter than the front, plus it''s cute.
been around for so many years that i consider it a classic. i''ve been toying with doing a much longer version of it myself.

mz

Good luck and post pics when you get back!

I love the angled bob, but (like most) like it less severe. My last hair cut (I chopped 10 inches) was a more subtle version of this cut and I liked it. I just got a shorter, more trendy cut yesterday--the thing is that I like trendy hair cuts because it''s just hair and it grows back.

Date: 8/5/2009 10:29:50 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I''m going today at 1:00. I''m not entirely certain what I will get. I plan to show her this pic and tell her to give me some version of it as long as the back is no shorter than that and possibly a bit longer.

I''ve just been trying to figure out if I should cut it off or not. I have had sort hair (between chin and low neck) my whole life. I''ve finally gotten it past my shoulders and the urge to cut it is KILLING me. I have a lot of hair but it is fine so it looks ragged at this length.

Maybe Italinhaircolor will weigh in and offer some advice.

I''d do it just a touch longer than that cut in the back but the same in the front. It''s ok if the front is still a bit longer-just not so severe. It''s the severity that makes it look a bit weird to me.

Been there, done that (with Sassoon) in the 70''s. As a fellow "fine hair" person, I don''t recommend it. It won''t have the body and thickness necessary to carry it off. Without the weight of more hair, it will tend to flip or get wispy on the sides. I ended up cutting it shorter, ala Hepburn.

I actually have a modified version of this cut. My hair is quite fine. The back of my hair is a bit longer, and it has softer angles. My stylist insists on this cut for me right now. I wanted her to bring up the sides a bit, but she talked me out of it. I would say that the cut is trendy because it is in style again, but it is also very cute!

I know what you mean about your fine hair getting more difficult to manage when it gets longer. A cut like this gives your hair more volume, and it is certainly easier to deal with in the summer months.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP