shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this stone worth setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Playboychick

Rough_Rock
I purchased a 52 carat Swiss Blue Topaz a while back. The intent was to have it set into a ring (I was looking for something dramatic for going out at night.)

47b4d911b3127cce9d6b6624b90500000036108CYsW7RmxaI

Now I'm second guessing that idea. Would that stone look silly as a ring? Any opinions?

Since nothing else comes in that color, why on Earth not ? Huge blue topaz plus small diamonds seems to be quite fashionable. At least, so they say ( LINK ) for what fashion matters
2.gif

gorgeous--white gold or platinum yum

wow, kazow, that''s gonna be drop dead gorgeous, Hope you show it off here if you set it.
30.gif

It is rather big for a ring.
It would make a totaly awesome pendant or bracelet in my opinion.
It is a very beautiful stone.

I think it would make a gorgeous ring! I neither wg or even silve, as you don''t want to spend too much for fun piece, at least in my opinion.

It reminds me of the ring Marc Jacobs designed for Louis Vuitton. Go to the LV website to see pictures (it won''t let me copy.) Recently, Sarah Jessica Parker wore a kunzite version to host a cancer benefit, and it was auctioned for charity.

hmmm.... I'm thinkin' nose ring.

Just kidding. It's your stone, do whatever you like with it.

I agree with the people that say pendant.

Believe me, no one else will be wearing a 52ct pendant. It''ll still be dramatic! :)

But it''s your stone. Do with it what makes *YOU* happy.

That is one fantastic stone. What a great colour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Whatever you do with it will definately look hot.

Well as you have got enough space between the top of your finger and your knuckle I would say go for a ring. I have very small fingers size 4 1/2 and they are short. If I had long enough fingers I would definitely be making a ring out of it if I was you.l

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP