shape
carat
color
clarity

IT''S DONE! PICTURES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrapolutropon

Rough_Rock

Well, it''s been quite a ride, but the ring is finally done and on my fiance''s hand! Big thanks to everyone that helped me figuring out this whole crazy process. This site should be part of every man''s formal high school or college education. Priceless. And now on to the ring!!

1.86 carat round H VS2 from Uniondiamond.com
Depth%: 62.1
Table%: 55
Crown%: 16
Pavillion depth%: 43
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Polish/Sym: EX/EX
Culet: none
Floro: none

Setting is an Art Deco Repo made for us by a dealer in the Los Angeles Jewelry district (very helpful!)
Diamond is surrounded first by rubies, then another round of diamonds.

1smaller2008042711212.JPG

Dude, you freaking rock! That is one of the nicest settings around. Very very well done (and kudos on the massive finger real estate coverage)! A classic, old school vintage style setting that will no doubt become a family heirloom. Awesome. I'm not a fan of halos around larger stones but this is one of very few styles that just "works".

I'm sure some of the folks here would like to know where the setting came from as well. Did you choose the setting alone or with your FI's input? I ask only because it's quite unique...Hand shots please...! Again, well done.
35.gif

ETA: Nevermind, I see handshots
28.gif
. Really, I just love that ring! You need to post a thread in SMTR now...

Last one, hand shot 2

5smaller200804271121.JPG

awesome kicken!
love love love love that setting!!

In one word... Exquisite!!! Congratulations on your engagement. You did an amazing job.
I love it
30.gif

It''s very special! You did a great job!

I let my fiance choose the setting. We looked for several weeks before she saw this one and fell instantly in love.

Here is the dealer''s info:

Dynasty & Co
640 South Hill St Store# A-24
Los Angeles, CA 90014

The place is run by a mother daughter duo that reminds you of the "odd couple." The mother''s name is Homa and the daughter is Renee. They are real straight shooters, especially Renee. They specialize in art deco and repo''s in general. If you give them a try, let Homa know "Beatrice" sent you (even know my fiance''s name is Be not Beatrice
1.gif
). You could say George and Beatrice, but she never remembers me
9.gif

That ring is simply stunning, I just love the ruby and diamond combiniation
30.gif

So G
30.gif
R G E
30.gif
U S !!!

Very beautiful! Congratulations1

That''s stunning, well done!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Very elegant and very beautiful. I especially like that you used rubies. Thank you for sharing it with us and congratulations.

WOW! SO STUNNING!
36.gif
I love everything about it--ahhh rubies!
30.gif

Beautiful on her delicate hand! Congratulations!

I'm in Los Angeles, will definitely check out this vendor! Thanks for the info!

OH MY GOODNESS, it''s BREATHTAKING!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

W-O-W

How wonderful is that ! !
36.gif
-

Exquisite. I really love the profile

Totally beautiful! Great design.

what a fancy ring. never seen anything like it. ruby is a nice touch. thanks for sharing. congrats!

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful!!! Absolutely stunning!!

The ring is beautiful. Well done!

Wow-what a stunning ring! The setting is just amazing-so intricate and special! Congratulations!

Good lord that''s a beauty! It looks like a majestic wedding cake made out of DIAMONDS and RUBIES! I love it!

Wow, what a beautiful ring, congrats!!!!
35.gif

Wow, that ring is completely stunning! That repro setting is amazing, as well!

Well done!

Wow andrapolutropon, that ring is amazing! The rubies are a fantastic touch! Congrats!

That is beautiful! Just stunning!!!!!!! I love the rubies too, they make it even more unique!

Stunning!

I am blown away!
It''s SO unique and SO lovely!
Congratulations!!! What a STUNNER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results