shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry insurance rec

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am currently insured with Lavelier and I could not be more disappointed in their service. I have not had a loss, but they have handled my policy so atrociously I need to shop.
My biggest concerns are finding a company that will accept my current recent appraisal (less than 12 mo, standard) for one ring, and an eBay invoice for another. I do not went to pay for an appraisal for a ring when I have just purchased it. No reason an invoice should be sufficient proof of value. (I’m grumbling )
2. Coverage while shipping. I send my items to dk fairly regularly I want coverage while shipped. That seems to be an industry standard tho.

Anyone have experience with BriteCo? They seem the cheapest.
I know Chubb would be great but I don’t think they do a stand alone.
I know JM will meet my requirement and are roughly the price of Lavelier.

I work in the insurance industry and so I have high standards. But honestly if I had low standards livelier wouldn’t have rose to them.

Any strong opinions warranted. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes sorry my phone autocorrected. LM=JM.

They usd to be wonderful, now they're awfull big. But I thik you can still get a person on the phone.

I don’t begrudge a company for its size if they handle claims appropriately and offer the coverage I want.

Their headquarters are where I live and they used to be the gold standard. Iit's the only company I know well enough to recommend, even with a caveat.

Jewelers mutual

I have Jeweler's Mutual. I have had to make a claim once for something that was lost/misplaced and they were super easy about it. I also think that their premiums are fair.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP